onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Los Angeles Angels - Jered Weaver demoted to Triple-A Salt Lake

The Halos are truely stupid. If anything, Jeff Weaver should get sent down. That kid Jered has been lights out since coming up to the majors.

The Angels optioned rookie right-hander Jered Weaver to Triple-A Salt Lake.

The decision to send the younger brother of Angels righty Jeff Weaver to the minors was a tough one for general manager Bill Stoneman and manager Mike Scioscia. Jered Weaver, the team's No. 1 draft pick in 2004, was 4-0 with a 1.37 earned-run average in four starts after his promotion on May 26.

Jeff Weaver, who allowed three runs and seven hits in Friday's no-decision against the Padres, is 2-7 in his last 10 starts with an ERA of 4.02 in his last five outings. There was speculation that Jeff would go to the bullpen if he had one more poor outing.

"I figured it was going to happen sooner or later, and the time has come," Jered Weaver said. "Bart's coming back and I'm the odd man out. So I've just got be positive and take it in stride, keep doing what I've been doing and work harder to get back up here as soon as possible."

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The kid has been great ever since he came up. This move doesn't make any sense.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Jeff Weaver and Kelvim Escobar are better, didn't you guys know? Last starts for each:

IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA
    K. Escobar (L, 5-9) 4.2 9 8 8 5 4 1 4.13

IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA
    J. Weaver 2.0 9 6 6 0 1 1 6.29