stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

If Mr. Lackey doesn't like .....

.... Mr. Cervelli clapping after he hits a home run off of him, maybe Mr. Lackey shouldn't serve up those meatballs next time.

Just saying

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

Cool

stevenash

Very cool

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

the problem I had was the fact that Cervelli is such a small-time AAA player. When XBH's are rare for you.. do not celebrate. If it was Pujols, then nobody would have said shit, but Cervelli is a bum.

thekidrounder
    thekidrounder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy just hit a HR on the ROAD against their rivals, thats how u get called up and stay up. Guy is playing for a spot let him clap a bit.

stevenash

I'm hearing Salty was giving Cervellli some lip when Cervelli stepped in the box before he hit that out.
    But I think Salty's lip service was normal baseball ribbing, and Cervelli took it the wrong way.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

These wimps today couldn't have survived playing back in the 60s when the Bob Gibsons, the Don Drysdales, the Juan Marichals, and the Sandy Koufaxs all regularly pitched inside. That was part of pitching; you were gonna be moved off the plate and not allowed to get comfortable.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe cervelli should take his base instead of crying like a sissy.......lucky for him saltalamacchia didnt knock him out cold.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    maybe cervelli should take his base instead of crying like a sissy.......lucky for him saltalamacchia didnt knock him out cold.
    Please, Salty, and especially Varitek are softer than butterscotch pudding.
    Girardi was ready to sit down Salty, and he's like 15 years older.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

I think it was just the celebration that ticked of Lackey....If it was any other player, he would still have hit him....it does not matter if it was Pujols, Kemp, Buatista, Granderson, Cano, Braun, Fielder, Votto or Bruce

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

If Ortiz could pose & stand there staring at homers than Cervelli could clap. Bottom line. What about Paoelbon? He freaks after a 3 run save. Yanks better toughen up & bean a Red Sox today & stop acting like punching bags. Which they've been doing for about a decade

stevenash

I'm a die hard NYY, don't look at Hughes, he's a super wuss, he won't do anything, Robertson on the other hand..............