bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

friday's interleague tips and trends

Interleague action returns Friday, so let's take a look at some notes and nuggets to assist your handicapping...

Glendon Rusch owns a perfect 3-0 career record against Detroit. (Getty)
    --Atlanta RHP Tim Hudson will get the starting nod in the series opener vs. Boston. During his days with the A's, Hudson struggled against the Red Sox, posting a 3-6 record and 5.88 ERA in nine career starts.

--When you look at the career stats for Chicago LHP Glendon Rusch, the numbers aren't pretty (59-92 record, 4.96 ERA). However, the veteran southpaw has dominated Detroit, compiling a 3-0 record and 2.86 lifetime ERA against the Tigers. Rusch will face Detroit at Wrigley Field today at 4:05 p.m. Eastern.

--Two of the hottest -- and most unknown -- pitchers in baseball will oppose each other Friday when Pittsburgh plays host to Minnesota. The Pirates will send Ian Snell (7-3, 4.75 ERA) to the mound in search of his sixth straight victory. Meanwhile, the Twins will counter with Francisco Liriano (5-1, 2.10), who is 4-1 with a 1.42 ERA since joining the rotation. Both hurlers threw seven scoreless innings in their last outing.

--The 'under' is 4-0-1 in Liriano's five starts.

--Florida is 14-6 in its last 20 games. The Marlins have won four in a row with Scott Olsen on the mound. The lefty will face the Blue Jays tonight at home.

--Best 'over' team in baseball? That's Baltimore with a 40-24 record.

--Best 'under' squad? That's Detroit at 42-22.

--This appeared to be the year of the 'over' in April and May. In fact, this space accurately reported that only four teams were showing a winning record for the 'under' for most of the first two months of the season. However, that is changing rapidly with a slew of 'unders' cashing in June. Before Thursday's games concluded, the number of teams with a winning record for the 'under' had sky-rocketed from four to nine.

--Kansas City has an abysmal 3-11 record in Scott Elarton's 14 starts.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Blah, Interleague.

This weekend cant end fast enough. Interleague is terrible for me.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

your not alone. i'm not to fond of interleague either looker.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just bet the White Sox all weekend along with the over.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Just bet the White Sox all weekend along with the over.
    Even with the score the way it is today, I think the Reds win this series. This Reds team is different then the ones of the past. They have Griffey healthy, and good mixture of speed and power. Plus they have decent pitching. But who knows, we will see after Sundays games.