tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

The Crap Unit suspended for 5 games, Torre for 1

New York Yankees pitcher Randy Johnson has been suspended for five games and fined an undisclosed amount for intentionally throwing a pitch at Cleveland's Eduardo Perez during the top of the seventh inning of last night's game after a warning had been issued earlier in the game. Bob Watson, Vice President of On- Field Operations for Major League Baseball, made the announcement.

Unless appealed, Johnson's suspension is scheduled to begin on Friday, June 16th, when the Yankees play at Washington.

In addition, Yankees manager Joe Torre has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount for the intentional actions of Johnson after warnings had been issued. Torre's suspension is scheduled to begin on Friday.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Good, only one start will probably be lost. Id hate to miss out on the good comebacks that could of been 5 starts.

MLB is trying to hurt my wallet.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i seen that taco. I'm sure he will appeal it, and it will reduced to a 4 game suspension

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

What's the point of a 5-day suspension for a pitcher who only plays every frickin' 5 days?

DrSlamm
    DrSlamm's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed should make it at least 7 so they cant just go start sit for 5 and push back next start by 1 day

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

With Michael Barrett still playing right now, what's the point in a suspension at all if you're going to let the player and/or the team decide when they are going to serve it? Bob Watson and MLB should be deciding all appeals within seven days like John Kruk said the other night. It's ridiculous. Kruk also said that.

Either that or give the judge the right to increase the penalty as a result of the appeal. If you appeal and lose, one extra game is tacked on for wasting everyone's time. That'd make some of these boneheads think twice about appealing when they were completely in the wrong like Barrett.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    What's the point of a 5-day suspension for a pitcher who only plays every frickin' 5 days?
    I never understood that either. Pitchers should get atleast 10 games.