bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox & White Sox made a trade today

Red Sox send Riske to White Sox for Lopez

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox sent righty David Riske to the Chicago White Sox for lefty Javier Lopez in a trade of relievers Thursday.

The Red Sox bullpen had no lefties and had been struggling recently.

Lopez was 2-1 with an 0.55 ERA with 12 saves for Triple-A Charlotte this year. He was expected to be with Boston for Thursday night's finale of a three-game series at Minnesota.

Lopez appeared in 171 games with Colorado and Arizona and has a 6-4 record with a 6.09 ERA in the majors.

Riske, obtained by Boston in an offseason trade that brought center fielder Coco Crisp to the Red Sox, was 0-1 with a 3.72 ERA in eight appearances. He was on the disabled list with a lower back strain from April 12 through May 22.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I hope that Javier Lopez turns out to be a plus for Boston, because we all know that Riske is crap.

bigboydan

well, the white sox had to do something. they sent down that pitcher last night that refused to hit blaylock last night.

i wonder if ozzie will get suspended over that one, because he cussed out that pitcher last night on camera.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    well, the white sox had to do something. they sent down that pitcher last night that refused to hit blaylock last night.

i wonder if ozzie will get suspended over that one, because he cussed out that pitcher last night on camera.
    Yeah, I seen that last night. I feel Ozzie should get a suspension because of that.

bigboydan

he probly won't though. it's hard to prove the manager ordered to hit him.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Sox just love those former Indians.