Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Just want to throw this out there

Danks vs Seattle in last two years: 4-0 and .87 ERA

He starts tonight. Just reminding everyone.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Already on it...Seattle is one of the worst teams in baseball both hitting against lefties in OPS, wOBA, wRC+, etc. and in record (10-22). Plus, with Pineda running out of gas after throwing more pitches and innings than he ever has, I think this points to a solid play on the White Sox. The only thing that concerns me is that the CWS are missing both Piercynzki and Carlos Quentin in their lineup. That forces both Rios and Dunn in the lineup no matter what and that sucks. I hate Dunn...Rios too for that matter.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Thanks but one thing having said that.......the line is suspiciously low.!! If I bet this game I will bet SEA. Good luck to you.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Perfect. I'll take Seattle.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Already on it...Seattle is one of the worst teams in baseball both hitting against lefties in OPS, wOBA, wRC+, etc. and in record (10-22). Plus, with Pineda running out of gas after throwing more pitches and innings than he ever has, I think this points to a solid play on the White Sox. The only thing that concerns me is that the CWS are missing both Piercynzki and Carlos Quentin in their lineup. That forces both Rios and Dunn in the lineup no matter what and that sucks. I hate Dunn...Rios too for that matter.
    Please stop using the mariners are death vs lefties myth. Those stats you are quoting includes some well below .200 hitting by guys that don't even make the starting lineup anymore. Half of their current lineup hasn't even played a majority of the season. Quoting stats that incorporate players that won't be playing is a fools game

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12860

like the white sox bigtime in this BOL

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    the White Sox have called up Dayan Viciedo from AAA. Rios has been hitting better recently.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

always take the lefty against righties in safeco..........lefties pitch to the big side of the park.

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

On the White Sox ML myself... hope it cashes in... nice stat

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    Please stop using the mariners are death vs lefties myth. Those stats you are quoting includes some well below .200 hitting by guys that don't even make the starting lineup anymore. Half of their current lineup hasn't even played a majority of the season. Quoting stats that incorporate players that won't be playing is a fools game
    While I generally agree with you that team stats are more of a red herring than anything else, as I stated to you in my thread, there are certain teams where you can trust team stats and the Mariners are one of them. I do agree that some of the Mariners players making up this year's poor offensive output against lefties have been replaced by younger players, however, some of those younger players still have weaker platoon splits against lefties.

If you look at the last lineup the Mariners threw out against a lefty we can expect some combination of the following tonight:

Suzucki
    Gutierez
    Ackley
    Carp
    Wells
    Olivo
    Robinson
    Seager
    Wilson

The majority of those players have not found a whole lot of success against lefties in the past if you check their platoon splits. Therefore, in this particular spot, I will support a hot pitching Danks against a tiring Pineda. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    the White Sox have called up Dayan Viciedo from AAA. Rios has been hitting better recently.
    I am aware of Viciedo replacing Quentin, however, Ozzie likes to make younger players prove themselves and he is not a huge fan of Viciedo becuase of the whole Ozzie v. Kenny thing. However, Rios is a piece of garbage with a poor attitude. Rios should not be someone you depend on to perform when placing a wager.

chantrain

No, Rios is not great. but he's no Adam Dunn either. Rios can actually get hits.

Viciedo will be a fun guy to watch today. I don't know if people realize this but WSox fans have been waiting for Viciedo to be called up the entire year, and finally its happening. He's supposed to be a stud, a star, etc...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

no dunn increases the white son winning chances by 10 fold

Love The Action

No, Rios is not great. but he's no Adam Dunn either. Rios can actually get hits.

Viciedo will be a fun guy to watch today. I don't know if people realize this but WSox fans have been waiting for Viciedo to be called up the entire year, and finally its happening. He's supposed to be a stud, a star, etc...
    We'll see...so was Beckham....

I also doubt whether Ozzie will play Viciedo every day. Maybe with Quentin out, but before that Ozzie wanted nothing to do with Dayon.

chantrain

Beckham is a stud, he just needs to learn how to bat...lol

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

I wish I had played this

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

ff and game under

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

20 HR in 2012 !!!

Scoring Summary
    Bot 1st: Chi White Sox
    - D. Viciedo homered to deep right