brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Angels Game Tomorrow (Weaver vs Stewart)

alright, I'm not sure what to do with this game

Weaver has had an incredible record of success - the angels have won 7 of his last 9 starts and, in fact, the only games he has started where the angels lost since May were against other stud pitchers (Weaver, Verlander, Ricky Romero, etc...). The guy the White Sox are starting tomorrow is pretty much a scrub - decent ERA on the season but that is due for a massive correction looking at his ridiculous 1.63 WHIP

Now I want to play this game, but the angels just seemingly haven't been able to score any runs at all in his starts recently. In fact, they have only scored 10 runs in his last 6 starts (CC might get more run support than that in 1 start tomorrow). Now the Angels have swung the bets very well recently and a lot of those starts with poor run support were against very good pitchers, but I still dunno. Should I take a risk on a pitcher who seemingly never gets any run support hoping that he continues to win games 2-1??

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Take the RL. Angels should win comfortably here

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

runlines at home are a no no imo.

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Weaver usually doesn't get much run support. Weaver is almost guaranteed to dominate the Sox tomorrow night & pitch deep into the game. They've been hot at home. But will Hunter & crew give him some runs... I'm taking Angels via money line.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by imp4pdabest View Post
    Weaver usually doesn't get much run support. Weaver is almost guaranteed to dominate the Sox tomorrow night & pitch deep into the game. They've been hot at home. But will Hunter & crew give him some runs... I'm taking Angels via money line.

but even taking the moneyline on a pitcher that might not get much run support is a scary propisition

kerrywoodwins20
    kerrywoodwins20's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angels win 4-1.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sox beat verlander and Sabathia, didn't they?. why cant they beat weaver too?

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    but even taking the moneyline on a pitcher that might not get much run support is a scary propisition
    That's true. It frustrates me when Weaver & Santana pitch great all night and they only win by 1 in a low scoring game. But in almost all cases, I take the Angels when Haren, Santana & Weaver are on the mound. If I do good early with the Brewers & Phillies tomorrow, I'll definitely be taking Weaver.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Sox beat verlander and Sabathia, didn't they?. why cant they beat weaver too?

no they lost 3-2 to CC

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

I've got Under 7 +100 for 1 unit *on my spreadsheet*

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Over.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Under 3½ first 5 innings. Stewart is not a bad pitcher.