No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

How do you not take Texas on Friday?

Harrison's been solid all season, Ranger bats are in a zone (well, other than vs. Weaver), White Sux are mediocre at best against lefties, Sux coming off another underachieving series where they could have made a move, Peavy has a 5.16 home ERA....

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Well can't argue the price or situation...now we just need a result to match!

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas 10-1 on fridays and 7-1 last 8 road games I think you may have convinced me.

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

Took the home dog..... hoping Peavy can revert to old ways haha..... and Carlos Quentin to drop bombs lol

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by SOUP View Post
    Took the home dog..... hoping Peavy can revert to old ways haha..... and Carlos Quentin to drop bombs lol
    didn't you fade the Yanks yesterday as well?

guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

I'm on this one also. Just going with the better team here

jjgolf
    jjgolf's Avatar Become A Pro!

texas off west coast trip and now to chicago and didn't arrive into chicago until early monring hour. the game in la didnt get over until almost 1am est . i think the whitesoxs are the play looks to easy to take texas at -125

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Harrison's been solid all season, Ranger bats are in a zone (well, other than vs. Weaver), White Sux are mediocre at best against lefties, Sux coming off another underachieving series where they could have made a move, Peavy has a 5.16 home ERA....

White Sox are far above mediocre when u remove the 3-80 from the cleanup spot. Dunn sits against lefties now. Why you are including that in your opinion of the sox against lefties I have no idea. You haven't learned anything if you are still mentioning ERA...Peavy is a much better pitcher period

I don't understand what you think the line should be? Looks to me like it's already accounting pretty heavily for the rangers offensive advantage at -119 especially considering the white sox pitching advantage. -119 away is a pretty big favorite

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    White Sox are far above mediocre when u remove the 3-80 from the cleanup spot. Dunn sits against lefties now. Why you are including that in your opinion of the sox against lefties I have no idea. You haven't learned anything if you are still mentioning ERA...Peavy is a much better pitcher period

I don't understand what you think the line should be? Looks to me like it's already accounting pretty heavily for the rangers offensive advantage at -119 especially considering the white sox pitching advantage. -119 away is a pretty big favorite
    Where did I say the line was off?

Peavy may have better stuff, but whether or not he's a better "pitcher" is debatable. And if you take overall teams into account, this one is no contest. Texas is better in nearly all facets. Whether or not that translates to a win tonight I don't know, but I think I'll take my chances.

sushikillah
    sushikillah's Avatar Become A Pro!

White sox take this

The Pale Hose and Rangers open a three game series at Comiskey Park where Jake Peavy takes on Matt Harrison Friday night. Peavy enters in rock-solid KW form with two walks and 16 strikeouts in his last three starts. He's also 14-6 in his last 20 home team starts during the month of August. With that look for Peavy to improve to 3-0 against the A.L West here this evening. We recommend a 1-unit play on the White Sox. Thank you and good luck as always.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Love Texas at that price, may not win but taking that team at anything less than -130 is a bargain.

God1

Where did I say the line was off?
    If you think Texas is a clear bet, that means you think the line is off. If the line is correct(-119/+112 meaning -116 is true line) then you are making a losing bet at -119.

Peavy may have better stuff, but whether or not he's a better "pitcher" is debatable.
    Not at all debatable, Peavy is almost a half run better in xFIP this year and over a full run last year. Harrison was terrible before this season and this season he's been about average.

And if you take overall teams into account, this one is no contest. Texas is better in nearly all facets. Whether or not that translates to a win tonight I don't know, but I think I'll take my chances.
    lol of course they are the much better team that's why they're favored on the road

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

well well well i wonder if i will get a few points for this post

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

God 1 what line is off the most today?

JA's Winners
    JA's Winners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil/Wash Under 8.5 is probably the best pick of the day

God1

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    God 1 what line is off the most today?
    astros, mariners

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

White Sox got on a winning streak vs bad teams recently. Then they played Cleveland, which is their equal, and stopped winning.

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    didn't you fade the Yanks yesterday as well?
    Yes i did fade them ysterday

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peavy is a much better pitcher period

fail

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    fail
    No he is right. Peavy is the better pitcher.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    No he is right. Peavy is the better pitcher.
    career yes, but not right now

God1

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    career yes, but not right now
    right now yes, and it's not close. go back to betting betpoints

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Long win steaks followed by a loss results in a win the following game. At this price I agree. If Adam Dunn is in the line Up for the Sux triple your wager.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

right now yes, and it's not close. go back to betting betpoints
    Says the non pro ghost.

Hey, maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't you that troll from GGs thread who tried to talk about the betting market and made a complete fool of himself?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If you think Texas is a clear bet, that means you think the line is off. If the line is correct(-119/+112 meaning -116 is true line) then you are making a losing bet at -119.
    Not true at all.

Not at all debatable, Peavy is almost a half run better in xFIP this year and over a full run last year. Harrison was terrible before this season and this season he's been about average.
    Do you watch games or just go by stats?

lol of course they are the much better team that's why they're favored on the road
    I'll take the better team with the more stable pitcher every time.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

astros, mariners
    I remember a while back you said you were going to start betting Astro games because they were being undervalued. How's that working out for you?

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

While the White Sox OBP vs. lefties isn't bad they still are near the bottom in scoring runs, obviously that has something to do with where Dunn is in the lineup but I still have to go with Texas in this one.

God1

I remember a while back you said you were going to start betting Astro games because they were being undervalued. How's that working out for you?
    They were, I probably bet them 4 or 5 times the past few weeks. I don't know off hand my record on those, 1 of those was bud norris the other night

God1

Not true at all.
    i give up, you just don't understand betting. IF THE CORRECT TRUE LINE IS -116 AND YOU BET IT AT -119 YOU ARE LOSING EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU MAKE THE BET

Do you watch games or just go by stats?
    do you choose to just ignore statistics that predict future performance far better than any idiot eyeballing a pitcher can?

I'll take the better team with the more stable pitcher every time.
    and if they were -130 would you also just take the better team with more stable pitcher? how about -170? You just don't get it, -115 could be a winning bet while -119 could be losing

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

i give up, you just don't understand betting. IF THE CORRECT TRUE LINE IS -116 AND YOU BET IT AT -119 YOU ARE LOSING EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU MAKE THE BET

do you choose to just ignore statistics that predict future performance far better than any idiot eyeballing a pitcher can?

and if they were -130 would you also just take the better team with more stable pitcher? how about -170? You just don't get it, -115 could be a winning bet while -119 could be losing
    You just argue for the sake of arguing. Like everyone else, I'm officially done with you.

You're right -- I don't understand betting. Check my thread, idiot. Must just be really lucky.

God1

harrison is a stud no doubt

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

harrison fukking sucks

hezawizard
    hezawizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

lol, he will lose this game in 1st inning

God1

through 3 innings we have 1 pitcher with a no hitter and 1 pitcher who has given up 3 runs. guess which is which?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

through 3 innings we have 1 pitcher with a no hitter and 1 pitcher who has given up 3 runs. guess which is which?

12 Last