smartone3328
    smartone3328's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Detroit to win it all

Trust me I know that either red sox, phillies, or yankees are going to win it all. Oh wait, is that what we said this time last year? With a dominant pitcher, not so much after that is what makes this a very long shot, they have one piece to the puzzle. With the quiet addition of delmon young on monday this lineup is much more potent than everyone thinks. If they get hot there is no doubt in my mind this time makes it to the ALCS and from there will have to beat either Yankees or Red Sox just after beating one of them.

Which makes me wonder at 16-1 to win it all is pretty low considering what they have to do to get the rings. Which shows me that they very well have a shot if the stars align, aka giants last year.

Not saying likely to happen, but will putting at least 50 on them at 16-1 before end of week is out.

Thoughts?

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

To me, beating the Red Sox and/or Yankees in the playoffs can be easily accomplished by the Tigers. Those two teams have average pitching at best. I know I'll hear Lester, Beckett, Bucholtz, Red Sox yada yada yada, but until those guys can stay heathly they don't scare me. The Yanks have CC, and that's it. Colon and Garcia are solid, but hittable...especially with Detroits lineup.

Love the Delmon Young addition, and I think its a good bet. With all that being said though...the Tigers have to win their division to get there first, and that is by no means a lock...this coming from a Tigers fan .

But with Verlander in a 3-4 man rotation, and that offense, if they get there they can definetly make a run.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Other than the fact that they have no speed, inconsistent starting pitching outside of their No. 1 and arguably the worst bullpen in baseball outside of Valverde, I'd agree.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Other than the fact that they have no speed, inconsistent starting pitching outside of their No. 1 and arguably the worst bullpen in baseball outside of Valverde, I'd agree.
    Valverde is bad too

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Tigers really should be up 10 to 15 games in the AL Central. They are far superior then both the Indians and White Sox but the thing is they aren't up that many and haven't been able to stretch out a lead more then 4 games.

The Tigers have had too many games of terrible bat inconsistency that has hurt them in several games this year. Another issue the Tigers have had is Leyland giving pitchers like Penny and Coke too much time out their on the mound when he could of pulled them much sooner.

16-1 isn't a bad play though but they will need good playoff outings from pitchers like Porcello (streaky), Scherzer (great run support but horrible ERA), and Fister in order to win in the playoffs because Verlander can only get them two for as many playoff series they get to play.

TheLocal
    TheLocal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Detroit fan and wish for this to happen, but not likely. Even if they do manage to make it to the WS they still have to beat some tough
    N/L pitching. GL if you play it.

smartone3328
    smartone3328's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Gimme those points fellas, for all those that have silly odds on detroit to win it all

TheOutsider
    TheOutsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers are around a .500 team against all teams outside the AL Central.

Justin Verlander is not dominant. He appears dominant, but I'm betting about 99% of people who've said he's dominant, haven't seen 50% of his starts. Pedro Martinez was dominant.

Rangers in 6

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Quote Originally Posted by TheOutsider View Post
    Tigers are around a .500 team against all teams outside the AL Central.

Justin Verlander is not dominant. He appears dominant, but I'm betting about 99% of people who've said he's dominant, haven't seen 50% of his starts. Pedro Martinez was dominant.

Rangers in 6
    You do realize who won the season series between these teams?

LOL @ you saying Verlander hasn't been dominant his stats speak for themselves even if you haven't seen the games not to mention it's about giving your team the best chance to win even in not as sharp of outings which he has done all year

Tigers are playing well and tonight was a huge confidence booster closing the Yankees out on the road. The Yankees were 52-29 at home this year and dropped two including the series deciding game tonight to Detroit.