broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i'm glad we traded out best young player

for Edwin Jackson when Tampa Bay offered Niemann. I miss Walt Jocketty!!

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm a Reds fan and were happy to have Walt, not his fault the team is underachieving.

broadway6
    on to the next one

everyone bitched about Rasmus and his daddy... but look what we have now.... a flame thrower

JT OZ

At least your offense can pick him up, bats are hot tonight.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    At least your offense can pick him up, bats are hot tonight.

shame i'm a pu$$y and didn't bet the over... jackson is giving up 5+ tonight.

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    shame i'm a pu$$y and didn't bet the over... jackson is giving up 5+ tonight.
    I didn't go as heavy as I planned but did add on at 9.5, I actually bought into some of the "public" nonsense being dropped in several threads.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post

I didn't go as heavy as I planned but did add on at 9.5, I actually bought into some of the "public" nonsense being dropped in several threads.

yeah you can't listen to people when they are talking about the public moving the lines. The public wins some too. the number didn't even go from 8.5 to 8. Some people got carried away with 5dimes and other books opening 9, but pinny opened with 8.5 and the books moved to 8.5. money didn't push that

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I've been a huge Cardinals fan my entire life and while I miss Jocketty, I don't think the trade was that bad.

Rasmus was a cancer. When we dumped him we got help in the bullpen, a starting pitcher, and added speed at the top of the lineup in Furcal. These were all things we needed.

I've always though Rasmus was overhyped. I think it's because he hits the occasional homer but what's so great about hitting .248 with 18 hrs???? We have enough pop in the lineup. I would rather have guys like Furcal at the top of the order getting on base.

broadway6
    on to the next one

well jackson has made me eat my words after the first... if anything this was a nice jinx thread (even though i didn't mean for it to be)