Narusco
    Narusco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

TEX -1,5 on Tuesday?

( Texas' pitcher Ogando is 8-3 at home in this season
    Seatlle's pitcher is 3-8 on the road in this season & 3-8 since Jun 1 )

in July: TEX won with 4-0 (17-2) on the road!

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

Narusco

maybe your opinion?

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Pineda has a penchant for the fly ball, this ain't Safeco....wind tunnel could prove problematic for the young Dominican Beast. Huge bats discrepancy, hard to argue with the play. GL .

JD426
    JD426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Seems like lately Pineda will either come out and get 10 Ks or get lit up. Texas hit him pretty well early in the year when he was on fire, so I think now that they've seen him once before and he's struggling a little they'll fair even better against him. I'm going with Texas, but I'll probably just take them to win. -190 seems like a good price.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love Pineda but hate the way the management handles him, they push him to far and leave him in games far to long in most cases and where most the runs against him tend to come. so really hard to argue as not sure how you can expect Ogando to give up to many to the pathetic offense know as the M's. BOL

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

tex -1,5 good or not that is not issue...but can't understand why bettors use starting pitcher W/L stats which is the most nonsense stat on the world. there are numbers of factors... I'm interested in a lot of sports, take soccer, basketball, baseball, horse racing, hockey bets and I'd like to say this is the most nonsense thing.a kind of lazy american stat

edit: but I just recognized that thread open by Narusco who is from europe and our rookie mlb bettor

Narusco I'm sorry man...don't care about W/L stats...
    Last edited by gangeriver; 08-09-11 at 07:27 AM.

Narusco

actually I didn't think yesterday that TEX will win with 2 or more.
    that match ended with 9-2
    can't imagine a 2-1 or 3-2 or seattle to win today's match

Narusco

from europe & rookie but I don't think I am doing something (very) wrong, I have a little profit from baseball betting

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Narusco View Post
    actually I didn't think yesterday that TEX will win with 2 or more.
    that match ended with 9-2
    can't imagine a 2-1 or 3-2 or seattle to win today's match

tex-1.5 was my fav play yesterday. today is tougher imho. not saying they dont cover it but Pineda is capable, just doubt he can hold up long enough. BOL

BigDan

from europe & rookie but I don't think I am doing something (very) wrong, I have a little profit from baseball betting

he just saying that because you used w/l records as a means of supporting your play when most know w/l records are prob the worse indicator of a pitchers performance.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Narusco I recommend you get a mlb tv subscription. If you watch consistently, you will guess better. baseball handicapping is so hard because which is a complex sport altough I enjoy... If you watch monday games recaps, definitely you wonder and ask to yourself "who is winner pitcher, who loser and who does save?" etc.... but when you handicap the games should not care about W/L stats.
    last week Halladay allowed 5 runs in 7 innings on the Rockies game but he was winner, but Josh Johnson (who is an elite pitcher) missed a lot of winning opportunity because of the his teammates....
    I remember a PAdres game Aaron Harang was Padres' starting pitcher.Doesn't allow a run even doesn't allow a hit in 6 innings but after he left end of 6th inning. Padres relief pitcher joins and allows a run and Padres loss 1-0 against Angels. What a stupid situation. You didn't allow even a hit but your team loss and you couldn't become a winner...
    (like bad soccer team, bad defence and good goalkeeper)

meanwhile Rangers -1,5 is looks nice. if you have a chalk tennis or basketball bet you could make a parlay with Moneyline...also I like Braves moneyline today

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Im on tex rl with you--let's get it

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL man ... no you are not wrong European buddy. Besides in baseball you can have all the logic +stats in the world watch every single game and still be shocked by the outcome.

for example the Astros vs D-Backs game last night. Just don't make no damn sense that the Astros stomp the playoff contender D-Backs on their home field with Daniel Hudson on the mound. I mean this Astros team just traded away their best 2 players in Bourn and Pence

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    GL man ... no you are not wrong European buddy. Besides in baseball you can have all the logic +stats in the world watch every single game and still be shocked by the outcome.

for example the Astros vs D-Backs game last night. Just don't make no damn sense that the Astros stomp the playoff contender D-Backs on their home field with Daniel Hudson on the mound. I mean this Astros team just traded away their best 2 players in Bourn and Pence
    Actually, the Astros winning last night wasn't that big of a shocker if you look at the stats. Houston is 16-18 versus Left-handed starters, and 22-59 versus righties. Dbacks 17-17 versus lefties and 45-36 versus righties. The pitching matchup last night was L vs L. Although the LAstros are terrible, they hit lefties very well.

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i love Pineda but hate the way the management handles him, they push him to far and leave him in games far to long in most cases and where most the runs against him tend to come. so really hard to argue as not sure how you can expect Ogando to give up to many to the pathetic offense know as the M's. BOL
    exactly, pinedas pen hasnt helped him out either, not stranding runners. The kid is a beast.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    Actually, the Astros winning last night wasn't that big of a shocker if you look at the stats. Houston is 16-18 versus Left-handed starters, and 22-59 versus righties. Dbacks 17-17 versus lefties and 45-36 versus righties. The pitching matchup last night was L vs L. Although the LAstros are terrible, they hit lefties very well.
    Arizona started a righty though,Hudson. Not being a nitpicker, but since OP is getting his feet wet just wanted to make sure the info was correct.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer891 View Post
    exactly, pinedas pen hasnt helped him out either, not stranding runners. The kid is a beast.

heard something today about sea was gonna try giving him more time between starts or some shit. didnt catch it all but prob worth looking into.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Arizona started a righty though,Hudson. Not being a nitpicker, but since OP is getting his feet wet just wanted to make sure the info was correct.
    Good call. Could've swore last night when I looked I saw he was left handed...clearly not the case. Glad I thought that though else I would've played Arizona