BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Dan, If your expecting Atl to lose more than you have to assume with this pitcher for fla Fla is going to have to put up 4-5 points to win. In other words take the over, I for one think Atl wins but dont trust Fla at home to put up points.

Atl wont lose A 3-2 type of game here. Im all over Sd\Mutts over 8 but Im starting to feel shaky as the whole world is on it but no one is giving me solid input about the game.

i dont necessarily think atl is gonna lose tonight, im more like waiting for them to drop some games out of nowhere, dont ask me why. Dont really think over is the way to go in this game at all, as Hensley is capable of handling braves bats i believe, no idea what his control will be like tonight as he seems to have a real hard time locating at times so i rather just pass on this.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    big dan. thinking about playing the blue jays 4x ml and 1x rl but I'm stuttering right now.
    why isn't everybody on the jays at home vs the underachieving oakland athletics? help me out, brah!
    and best of luck tonight, man! need a big hit tonight... thanks.

honestly i have no idea why Jays gm isnt getting any talk. i mean that the only way i could go in this gm,maybe over as well. Cecil just tough for me as the guy looks great against some really good teams then gets lit up by teams that shouldnt score off most pitchers, guess that why i didnt look at it much.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

big dan. thinking about playing the blue jays 4x ml and 1x rl but I'm stuttering right now.
    why isn't everybody on the jays at home vs the underachieving oakland athletics? help me out, brah!
    and best of luck tonight, man! need a big hit tonight... thanks.
    Surprisingly The Athletics have the 2nd highest OPS in the last 30 days in all of baseball, 3rd highest is way back, Boston is first.

Do I fear that lineup, nope...and not trying to sway your play here, just thought it was interesting when I saw it.

GL

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Plays for tonight:
    Florida
    Pittsburgh
    Laa
    Stl
    Red sox
    Colorado
    Washington
    A's
    Stl
    Baltimore
    Houston.
    You know I love my dogs and action.

Public has won 2 days in a row. Upsets for August.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i dont know why im the only person on the planet hesitant to get on that bos/min ov yea if there were any i feel less great about from this morning they prob the unders in tampa and maybe balty. Atl another one thats hard for me to get behind, of coarse i didnt back them yesterday but at least got the money on the totals. Not sure why im waiting for them to lose some more?? would like to get on Tribe, you might have to push me a little further but seems like the right side to me. hard to argue rox/reds over.
    i added 1u to the Sox/Twins over and added Braves ML.

not about to talk you into Sox/Twins over. i think that it's the best over on the card today, could definitely be wrong.

for Braves, i've had to change things up a bit since totals have gotten more difficult, and have been trying to find one good ML a day, Braves are my favorite one today. Hensley is a tomato can, he'll be out there maybe 5 innings or so, then terrible Marlins pen, against a Braves lineup that's really starting to rake. Beachy isn't great, but he's decent, and Braves pen is outstanding. Marlins have lost 5 straight, Ramirez likely out again.

main reason i'm concerned about Rocks/Reds over is Barksdale behind the plate, and Willis' funky delivery can be tough on teams (over 1-4 in his 5 starts), and at 9.5, i could see this potentially finishing at 5-4 or 6-3. i like it, just not as much as last night.

thinking hard on Tribe, but then again, wanted to limit myself to 4 plays. the pendulum is way overdue to swing back Masterson's way, and Tribe has dominate Tigers at home last two seasons.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Regarding SD/NYM over...

I'm not basing this on data so I may be off but it sure does seem that when you get two shitty pitchers going against each other, it rarely plays out as a high scoring game. I've paid the price and now just stay away from situations like this. You would think that the total for a game like this should run around 9, maybe 8.5. Just strange....

For all's sake, I hope this is just another example of my ignorance to hard data. Best of luck!

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BennyFang View Post
    Regarding SD/NYM over...

I'm not basing this on data so I may be off but it sure does seem that when you get two shitty pitchers going against each other, it rarely plays out as a high scoring game. I've paid the price and now just stay away from situations like this. You would think that the total for a game like this should run around 9, maybe 8.5. Just strange....

For all's sake, I hope this is just another example of my ignorance to hard data. Best of luck!

dont sell yourself short there certainly some logic to this. honestly i didnt even look at it as 2 shit pitchers as much as 2 guys i dont think can go deep against 2 offenses that are hitting atm, with 2 pens that are vulnerable. That could easily all end real quick as it not like we talking about cream of the crop bats here, my worst totals are prob the ones i take like this w/o much thought just seemed "easy", hopefully it is but def the kind of gm where no one scores and you left scratching your head afterwords.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

I think the Muts have the starting pitching edge and the lineup edge tonight (Wright kills Lh's, and Paulino and Hairsten also hit them hard).

They have also shown the ability to play well in "hard-luck" situations (ain't gonna find that peripheral in Fangraphs . Obviously momentum from last night sits with them.

I definitely lean Muts here but my local has them at -145. No way Jose, passing.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes Sd/Mutts, are either going to scores 3-5 runs right out the gate or like BD said go 1-2 and puzzle everyone. I just think both teams are inspired atm to play well & both teams love to blow leads later on by big margins.

BennyFang

dont sell yourself short there certainly some logic to this. honestly i didnt even look at it as 2 shit pitchers as much as 2 guys i dont think can go deep against 2 offenses that are hitting atm, with 2 pens that are vulnerable. That could easily all end real quick as it not like we talking about cream of the crop bats here, my worst totals are prob the ones i take like this w/o much thought just seemed "easy", hopefully it is but def the kind of gm where no one scores and you left scratching your head afterwords.
    Good points as well.....personally, I'm big on the Mets, just think it is a good spot for them as explained in another post.....so hopefully they will win something like 17-0!

A square play but I also like the Braves. I write this as a Braves fan that rarely plays on them but Beachy in his short time has generally speaking done well against power hitting teams. He shut down Toronto about a month ago. The infusion of speed into the Braves lineup seems to have fueled them (and Uggla) offensively and they are up against a schizo pitcher tonight. Anyone see him against the Cardinals last week? His (lack of) control reminded me of that dude in Bull Durham...Nuke Laloosh...or something like that.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL big dan

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BennyFang View Post
    Good points as well.....personally, I'm big on the Mets, just think it is a good spot for them as explained in another post.....so hopefully they will win something like 17-0!

A square play but I also like the Braves. I write this as a Braves fan that rarely plays on them but Beachy in his short time has generally speaking done well against power hitting teams. He shut down Toronto about a month ago. The infusion of speed into the Braves lineup seems to have fueled them (and Uggla) offensively and they are up against a schizo pitcher tonight. Anyone see him against the Cardinals last week? His (lack of) control reminded me of that dude in Bull Durham...Nuke Laloosh...or something like that.

yea he had no fukkin clue where the ball was going, punk ass drilled freese in the head on a pitch where catcher set up outside.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Square me up Dan

926 Tampa Bay Rays -1 -133*

monster line and KC may still be kicking dirt after last night

I like this spot

bol Gents

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Square me up Dan

I like this spot

bol Gents
    cant argue at all, kinda close myself.

BigDan

sign me up I/O

Rays-1 -133....

another extra one cause what can i say im a degen and just cant get myself away....

Twinks +123

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

GL tonight BD. So far I am on Braves, Cards, Mets O, Tigers, NYY(Can't believe I am taking Burnett). Looking at later games still.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    GL tonight BD. So far I am on Braves, Cards, Mets O, Tigers, NYY(Can't believe I am taking Burnett). Looking at later games still.

id play nyy if i played it of coarse id play cle as well

GL brother

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

honestly i have no idea why Jays gm isnt getting any talk. i mean that the only way i could go in this gm,maybe over as well. Cecil just tough for me as the guy looks great against some really good teams then gets lit up by teams that shouldnt score off most pitchers, guess that why i didnt look at it much.
    thanks, big dan. interesting statistic by redscot, too. thanks, brah. one way or the other:
    blue jays @ -140 4x
    blue jays -1.5 @ +145 1x
    risking 6.80 to win 5.45 is a monster play in my book. woke up thinking "blue jays"... never looked back.

BigDan

i just cant stop....

small play on.

nyy-1 +123

BigDan

thanks, big dan. interesting statistic by redscot, too. thanks, brah. one way or the other:
    blue jays @ -140 4x
    blue jays -1.5 @ +145 1x
    risking 6.80 to win 5.45 is a monster play in my book. woke up thinking "blue jays"... never looked back.

i put them in my sure to fail lotto ticket parlay....GL bro

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Surprisingly The Athletics have the 2nd highest OPS in the last 30 days in all of baseball, 3rd highest is way back, Boston is first.

Do I fear that lineup, nope...and not trying to sway your play here, just thought it was interesting when I saw it.

GL
    thanks, brah. scary stuff... and I have the shakes! good luck, brah. good luck and good karma to all, y'all.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Square me up Dan

I like this spot

bol Gents
    any Cardinal fans in this thread

910 St Louis Cardinals -1 +124*
    I'm done

BigDan

any Cardinal fans in this thread

910 St Louis Cardinals -1 +124*
    I'm done

Maybe one...unbiasedly as possible i gotta say i love this play

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

also a cards fan, you think we hit marcum tonight? i dont know what to think about tonight, i like the birds but don't know if thats just cause i'm a fan

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Well SD & Mutts are hitting, every at bat as a matter of fact to bad its into players. Im screwed lol

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    also a cards fan, you think we hit marcum tonight? i dont know what to think about tonight, i like the birds but don't know if thats just cause i'm a fan

i know we hit Marcum some at least. the question is Jackson, personally i like when a solid pitcher (and he is that at least) gets blown up by a team then next start faces said team his next start as most dont like that shit happening to them twice.

throwing the fan shit out of it and maybe im off base but imo Marcum isnt really all that special, i know he puts up good numbers but every time i watch him i think "seriously" "this guy". prob way off but certainly never leave saying "damn he can pitch".

honestly i think this series does like the one i expected in mil and pitching looks much better for both sides, not sure im trying to get involved with the total as i was certainly wrong in the 2 i played in mil but personally think at least 2 of these 3 stay under.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

i'm not goin anywhere near the total but i may lay a little bit on the cards side, i somewhat agree on the jackson analysis as i expect him to bounce back as well, as a fan lets go cards though

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Someone better start scoring or Im out 400 bucks.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Whose the ump in the mutts game..everything is a strike. I will ride him under from now on

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Took Rangers -1.5 again I can't help it. I really don't see them winning a tight 1 run game against Seattle at home. They either win comfortable or lose straight up IMO. Also played Bosox(against ya) but added a little more to Cards ML. I really like your squad tonight hopefully they don't let us down

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Took Rangers -1.5 again I can't help it. I really don't see them winning a tight 1 run game against Seattle at home. They either win comfortable or lose straight up IMO. Also played Bosox(against ya) but added a little more to Cards ML. I really like your squad tonight hopefully they don't let us down

my respect for Pineda and the fact i really try and pick my spots with tex rls are the only things keeping me off them again tonight, always feel like im pushing my luck after i get one out of the series for some reason.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Not watching the game just checked the box score but looks like the Mutts have struck out looking plenty of times already

Whats going on? Big strike zone or just not swinging at strikes?

BennyFang

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Whose the ump in the mutts game..everything is a strike. I will ride him under from now on
    LeBlanc....4 Ks in 3 IP....all called. Seriously? Like he's a strikeout machine.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Strike zone the size of a airport hangar.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Not watching the game just checked the box score but looks like the Mutts have struck out looking plenty of times already

Whats going on? Big strike zone or just not swinging at strikes?

seems like a lot bigger k-zone than this ump usually gives. i caught a few of them and players were def looking back at ump like "are you serious". he killin this thing.

First 123 Last