No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

3 small road faves: which doesn't hit?

I really like the White Sox, Padres and Braves for Monday, but taking short road faves ranks up there with laying huge chalk as a betting no-no in my book. Which one of these won't cash?

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

can never trust the white sox but the padres have been hot and hopefully can continue the hot hitting against a team that lost their 2 best hitters.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Padres are a trap.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Padres are a trap.
    I'm starting to think this as well.

I doubt I'll play any of them. Pads smell fishy, Braves smell fishy (literally) and the White Sux burn me no matter what I do.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

played cws @-115 last night so i guess ill have the option to get out but doubt i want to. Far as the other 2 i feel like i can make a decent case for Fish (not really enough to play them but enough to keep me off atl), would actually like a over ump there. Not sure i can make a case for Muts but honestly Pads give me a bad feel, which prob doesnt mean much but doesnt hurt my feelings to pass.

Red Sox are a pretty small road fav as well. damn sure wouldnt touch them.

BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

Braves do not fair well with Left handed pitchers (although 17 and 17 this year), and Derek lowe is pitching. I believe he has won the last 3 vs florida.
    White Sox, I liked this one when I initially looked at it but Not sure now, the pitchers are somewhat evenly matched neither great (similar ERA anyway), White sox maybe slight edge. Dank has lost his last two versus baltimore, and guthrie has lost his last two versus the white sox. Edge on batting to the white sox. White sox on the road, this game seems too close for me to put money on. I think White Sox is the right play but just not sure.
    I seem to never look into the padres very close they seem very hard to predict which team will show up. This looks like a good place to play them. Are they on a roll or was Pittsburg going to lose to anyone.

Good luck
    Last edited by BillyGoat; 08-08-11 at 02:48 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Looks like 3-0.

BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

Congrats, I was hopeing I didn't talk you out of one.

hezawizard
    hezawizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

lol at padres, what a way to lose