BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talking Monday bases

You guys know the drill, time to start discussing this card...

i really got no organized thoughts atm but figure i would get thread up so everyone could get crackin ..

ill start off by admitting i already made the squarest play on the board..

Tex-1.5 -115..what is there really to say? it is what is it is...

i got a few leans on other games but i need some sleep (long weekend) and dont think it will hurt to wait.

Lets here what everyone thinking. As always thoughts, comments (not really much to comment on yet), leans, plays, any incite on a game you like is appreciated as we all here to do the same thing....

BigDan

kc+1.5 -135, ml +158....good pitching matchup here. good enough it seems like getting the +1.5 at a pretty cheap price is more than worth it, not to mention we getting the team actually playing better ball. granted kc has a terrible road record but they were impressive their last road trip and continued playing tough thru their homestand. altho inconstant at times Hochevar is more than capable of holding rays offense down in that park . Hell boy is tough and i really dont expect a lot of runs here as kc hittters really havnt seen him.

kc/tb un 8 -108...rather see ump and have to hope kc can field in that park but like i said i like this matchup. not sure what line does but rather not pay more juice later.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No sir, Im resident square here lol. I must really want to give some back because I like Phil, Cubs, and Boston.

I want to pull the trigger on Az & SF but Im scared of wandy & Sf's non existant run support.

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Royals all day, Tampa should be a great fade the rest of the year. I will also take Reds and White sox series price.

BigDan

CWS-115....hope they can keep their heads in the game after what had to feel like a relief finally taking a series from twins. Danks has been pitching really well as of late, off a bad start against nyy, this is not nyy and he should bounce back fine here. kinda lean under here as well but that can wait. figure this line has to go up so played it now.

tonyp0387

That Royals line will drop i would grab +158 now while you can Big dan.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

I never really play series bets, but probably should start. I dont like tying up cash for a few days. I really like Atl against a rookie starter in Florida. I want to fade the Mets but thw Mutts always surprise me. Reyes & Murphy out though.
    Last edited by borednaz; 08-08-11 at 12:23 AM.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

big dan! like the KC ML idea. hellboy throws heat, but his fastball doesn't have much movement, you know?
    seems kinda predictable, and I'm always waiting for good hitters to light him up. TB is notoriously inconsistent @ home.
    might follow you on the KC ML, my friend. thanks for the heads up, and good luck tomorrow!

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    No sir, Im resident square here lol. I must really want to give some back because I like Phil, Cubs, and Boston.

I want to pull the trigger on Az & SF but Im scared of wandy & Sf's non existant run support.

i cant play cubbies at that price. prob means they will win but im not the one, Wang been terrible and i didnt bother looking for a reason to play Nats..have no interest in that one.

wouldnt bet against phi but could prob make a small argument for lad, certainly not enough where im going against Doc.

Bos another team coming off a emotional series, but im not really looking to back the twins for that cheap but dont like wake and the spot for sox.

im pretty sure what my play in the hou/zona gm be but it not out yet.

think Frisco to expensive. i know Bucs been bad but they have been scoring and they not the kind of team that this park should scare as they dont exactly live by the long ball anyway. once again not sure i can talk myself into pit but think id pass on sf for that much.

tonyp0387

I never really play series bets, but probably should start. I dont like tying up cash for a few days. I really like Atl against a rookie starter but thw Mutts always surprise me. Reyes & Murphy out though.
    Ya that Atlanta line looks too low for me. Lowe has been garbage but that kid Hand for Florida is terrible. I can get Atlanta at -110 its gonna close higher imo.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

arizona at -180 is an absolute steal

they have dominated wandy rodriguez in the past and the Astros are basically fielding a double AA team right now on offense, I would be shocked if this game is even close

I already put about 500 on the game

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

I think Im going to pull a Bd, Im going to buy Atl now knowing that price will go up and buy out later knowing Fla should be plus by closing.

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to bet against Brad Hand, just not sure how exactly I want to do it.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

play the streak , gl

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

I think that Giants line is too high as well.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    arizona at -180 is an absolute steal

they have dominated wandy rodriguez in the past and the Astros are basically fielding a double AA team right now on offense, I would be shocked if this game is even close

I already put about 500 on the game

Not sure if many things in baseball are steals at -180

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Red Sox under 9 looks nice. Twins offense doesn't work well. 5 runs in last 4 games. they could not hit against Buehrle and Haren ok!..but against rookie Stewart and 5,00 era pitcher Peavy? Baker had some trouble in last Angels game but he performed well in other last 6-7 games. On the other hand Wakefield performed well in last 2 games. If I'm not wrong he allowed only one hit against White Sox in first five innings and 6th inning allowed more 2-3 hits...
    I'm not sure I might take 9 Under maybe first five inning 5 under but under looks nice

Giant Rebels
    Giant Rebels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

Parlay braves, phils, and boston. Lock

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I would go SF RL but their offense stinks.

BigDan

I think Im going to pull a Bd, Im going to buy Atl now knowing that price will go up and buy out later knowing Fla should be plus by closing.

i hope it goes up enough for you bro. wish i would have saw this before i passed out. i mean in it prob go up a few cents but i can certainly see it staying close to open.

cws was gonna be the line that really moved imho, along with tex rl.

blumpkin
    blumpkin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5754

anybody have team total for the cubbies? Wang has been brutal in his 2 starts

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin View Post
    anybody have team total for the cubbies? Wang has been brutal in his 2 starts

only place i have saw a total so far is matchbook and they have it at 9 with heavy juice on the over.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Good luck today Dan

guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

Playing Seattle for the moneyline. Big price for division rivals. OBP has been almost even for the last 10 games. worth a shot

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by guil0000 View Post
    Playing Seattle for the moneyline. Big price for division rivals. OBP has been almost even for the last 10 games. worth a shot
    rivals is kinda a strong word for this gm imho. certainly wouldnt lay the -200+, but tex rl -115 seems more than fair to me as they typicaly win by more than 1 anyway and i just do not think sea can keep up with this team. You certainly on the "sharp" side i suppose as everyone will be on tex rl and it baseball so who knows, but i have to go with the team that needs wins against a team that is still not as good as their record indicates. personally i think there are much better dogs today but i have been wrong before and im sure i will be again....

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    only place i have saw a total so far is matchbook and they have it at 9 with heavy juice on the over.
    Here is the deal on Wang. His pitching coach is telling him to pitch like he did with the Stankees and just throw the Sinker and Slider. In his last two games he has tried throwing other pitches and that comes to an end today.
    I'm thinking 1st 5 Under and Full Game Under. If Wang blows this I am exporting his ass back to China and trading him in for a used 79 Firebird Trans Am.

With the Yankees from 2006 to 2009, according to data compiled by FanGraphs.com, Wang threw his sinker about 77 percent of the time and mixed in his slider on about 15 percent of his pitchers. In his first two starts with the Nationals, Wang has thrown 63.3 percent sinkers and 21.7 percent sliders.

guil0000

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Here is the deal on Wang. His pitching coach is telling him to pitch like he did with the Stankees and just throw the Sinker and Slider. In his last two games he has tried throwing other pitches and that comes to an end today.
    I'm thinking 1st 5 Under and Full Game Under. If Wang blows this I am exporting his ass back to China and trading him in for a used 79 Firebird Trans Am.

With the Yankees from 2006 to 2009, according to data compiled by FanGraphs.com, Wang threw his sinker about 77 percent of the time and mixed in his slider on about 15 percent of his pitchers. In his first two starts with the Nationals, Wang has thrown 63.3 percent sinkers and 21.7 percent sliders.
    I think your right, I think the Nats are live dogs as well tonight. Wang should have a better game. I think the line is way overpriced for public perception

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like the Pads, Twinks and ChiSox Dan-O.

guil0000

rivals is kinda a strong word for this gm imho. certainly wouldnt lay the -200+, but tex rl -115 seems more than fair to me as they typicaly win by more than 1 anyway and i just do not think sea can keep up with this team. You certainly on the "sharp" side i suppose as everyone will be on tex rl and it baseball so who knows, but i have to go with the team that needs wins against a team that is still not as good as their record indicates. personally i think there are much better dogs today but i have been wrong before and im sure i will be again....

If your on Texas ofc the RL is the only way to go imo. I have been on the losing end of blowouts this year. But Seattle are out to play spoilers for the rest of the season and the rivalries caused by divisions is a good way to get a team going imo

BigDan

yea LPM, ive posted a few things on Wang in one thread or another. There certainly no fukkin way im laying -180ish on the scrubbies, but Wang gonna have to show me before i trust this guy, hopefully he holds his own today and you are not calling immigration later

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by guil0000 View Post
    If your on Texas ofc the RL is the only way to go imo. I have been on the losing end of blowouts this year. But Seattle are out to play spoilers for the rest of the season and the rivalries caused by divisions is a good way to get a team going imo

never can argue with the spoiler approach as inevitably there will be teams like this that screw over teams "that need wins" for the rest of the season. Just tex at home with some momentum off the late win and the wind tunnel in effect i just dont think sea getting in their way tonight. I promise you this if it stays close and Rangers are only up one late i hope sea finds a way to win so you can cash, but hoping it not ever really that close. In fairness i havnt seen the last 10 gms obp for both teams so i will take your word they are close, that said im sure it fair to say tex does a much better job of capitalizing with the guys they get on base. Huge gap in what each team does against lefties as well. tex 8-2 vs sea this season with only one of those wins coming by 1 and that was against Pineda...

all i can say is here to either a tex win by more than 1 or a sea upset....hopefully at least one of us will be happy

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

In Wash vs Cubs you guys are looking at the game wrong. Can the expos hit..oops I mean Nats (a turd by any other name is still a turd). The answer is usually no, I mean my god they couldnt hit A Cooks collar boneless butt & he has an era that should be its own zip code.

Chi not only can hit but usually do well at home. Value the team not the pitcher.

guil0000

never can argue with the spoiler approach as inevitably there will be teams like this that screw over teams "that need wins" for the rest of the season. Just tex at home with some momentum off the late win and the wind tunnel in effect i just dont think sea getting in their way tonight. I promise you this if it stays close and Rangers are only up one late i hope sea finds a way to win so you can cash, but hoping it not ever really that close. In fairness i havnt seen the last 10 gms obp for both teams so i will take your word they are close, that said im sure it fair to say tex does a much better job of capitalizing with the guys they get on base. Huge gap in what each team does against lefties as well. tex 8-2 vs sea this season with only one of those wins coming by 1 and that was against Pineda...

all i can say is here to either a tex win by more than 1 or a sea upset....hopefully at least one of us will be happy
    the same for me cheers!

BigDan

In Wash vs Cubs you guys are looking at the game wrong. Can the expos hit..oops I mean Nats (a turd by any other name is still a turd). The answer is usually no, I mean my god they couldnt hit A Cooks collar boneless butt & he has an era that should be its own zip code.

Chi not only can hit but usually do well at home. Value the team not the pitcher.

i see absolutely no value in backing the scrubbies at this price after they just had their winning streak snapped. certainly not gonna sit here and say i want to play Nats either, im not looking at the gm wrong i dont believe my friend im looking at 2 mediocre teams with one laying crazy odds.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Not saying Seattle won't win tonight but they certainly aren't rivals.

Texas proved that by trading their best prospect at the time to Seattle.

1234 Last