guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    In Wash vs Cubs you guys are looking at the game wrong. Can the expos hit..oops I mean Nats (a turd by any other name is still a turd). The answer is usually no, I mean my god they couldnt hit A Cooks collar boneless butt & he has an era that should be its own zip code.

Chi not only can hit but usually do well at home. Value the team not the pitcher.
    Hitting avg past 10 games

Washington .294
    Chicago Cubs .264

OBP past 10 games

Washington .351
    Chicago Cubs .339

Saying the Nats can't hit is not true. Their bats are hotter then the cubbies who are on a tear. The only reason they are that big favs is because of Wang.

I'm on the Nats .

BOL

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure im ready to trust Wang-chung. would like to and certainly believe if he has a good sinker he could cause problems for cubs as they tend to be pretty aggressive swingers. Just not sure i have seen enough to believe Wang has a quality sinker at this point of his career.

just a gm im not sure i wanna be involved in but there no fukkin way anyone could convince me to lay -180 on the Cubs

Water Fountain
    Water Fountain's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took a quick glance at the card today. It looks like there are lots of live dogs tonight.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

In Wash vs Cubs you guys are looking at the game wrong. Can the expos hit..oops I mean Nats (a turd by any other name is still a turd). The answer is usually no, I mean my god they couldnt hit A Cooks collar boneless butt & he has an era that should be its own zip code. Chi not only can hit but usually do well at home. Value the team not the pitcher.
    I'm gonna sprinkle a little on the under and see what happens. Hopefully Cy Young Wang and Garza are in the zone tonight. Did I just call him, "Cy Young Wang"

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Water Fountain View Post
    Took a quick glance at the card today. It looks like there are lots of live dogs tonight.

hard to argue as there really only 2 favs i trust today, and who knows if im trusting the right ones

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I like the Pads, Twinks and ChiSox Dan-O.

just at 1st glance it hard to argue with Pads but i feel like i kinda missed the boat with them on this roady, at least i only bet pit once or twice in that series pisses me off cause i normally look to get on sd when they leave home but didnt do it this time for some reason and now i would be really pissed if i hop on and they go back to losing so ive pretty much relegated myself to the sidelines on this one for better or worse.

totally understand twinks play and who knows i might go there before it all said and done but i doubt it. Like most things for twinks in this game but feel like i should be getting a better price to go against sox here.

CWS obviously i like and am happy where i got it at, that said if line keeps going up i might get tempted to buy out and make some a little change. seriously doubt i do but not sure where line gonna stop yet.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Not a lot to like about this card as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, weird shit happens on Mondays.

BigDan

please give me a solid under umps for the cws/bal and min/bos gms.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im dreading the money I layed on the cubs thanks guys lol.. Oh well I cashed out 900 & have 300 in play. Anyone have experience with how well bodog pays out? Im putting the money @ a different book for football as bodogs company change stuff in Dec worries me.

Might put it @betislands or heritage.

BigDan

Im dreading the money I layed on the cubs thanks guys lol.. Oh well I cashed out 900 & have 300 in play. Anyone have experience with how well bodog pays out? Im putting the money @ a different book for football as bodogs company change stuff in Dec worries me.

Might put it @betislands or heritage.

despite bodogs many flaws they have a few good things going for them. 1st they got some killer props at times. 2nd they real nice on dogs especially in ncaa hoops and nfl as you can catch a extra 1/2 point with same juice lots of times as their clientele loves favs. 3rd i have never had any prob getting a payout from them.

I dont think bodog is changing company's just names as the american branch of bodog hasnt been owned by bodog for some time the way i understand it. With our idiot gov the way shit is shit tough but i see no reason not to continue to trust them as one of your books (they will be 1 of mine until i here something scary, wouldnt have a ton of money anywhere now tho)

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

I hear you BD, I dont mind having a few hundred in bodog to catch a live game or prop or two. I just dont want over a hrand sitting in anything off shore again. Went on a heater @ full tilt poker before black friday & lost round 4k... Never again is my slogan.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Dan let me ask you, would you feel comfortable taking the cubs here if this was -130 type of line?

BigDan

Dan let me ask you, would you feel comfortable taking the cubs here if this was -130 type of line?

honestly i didnt look far into the game but i mean yea id have to say -130 worth a play if books have them at -180 now. id actually do ff at that theoretical price. Thing is they are not -130 they are high as shit and while some ppl around here like to scream "it doesnt matter as long as you pick the winner", that is ignorant as we all know it doesnt always work that way and "winning" long term a lot harder when you miss huge fav where you have to hit 2 gms to make up for that one. not saying i wont lay juice cause im sure you have seen i have no problem with it, but on a marginal team i really dont trust? i know fading Wang is tempting as all hell but i gotta think if Nats didnt think he could perform up here that someone else would be getting the shot. It stands to reason there a solid chance Wang gets bombed and you cash easy bro, just dont think the juice worth the squeeze for me.

BigDan

i was really hoping to get hou tt un 3.5 but i see 3 has popped up with ev money on the under. this has been a new little project of mine for a autobet when i get a solid right hander against this team of minor leaguers to play tt under. hoping what i saw yesterday isnt a indicator of what could be wrong with this, i did get the push but mil was content leaving one of their lesser relievers in with a nice lead until hou got to 3 and they brought Lowe in to finish it out. the blowout factor could hurt this i suppose as if teams are up a decent amount they have little motivation to waste their better relief guys. Hoping Wandy can hold zona down enough to where this isnt the case tonight as i think i gotta go hou tt un 3 ev once again.

not as committed to this one as i have been but still gonna play it and see what happens, just not for as much as i have been on the few ive really liked.

Hou tt un 3 ev

LockPickMaster

Went to fangraphs and pulled out the pitcher vs pitcher sabermetrics. Going with the better pitcher and these teams. High Juice today

CWS
    ATL
    REDS
    KC
    SD
    CUBS
    ZONA
    PHILLY

BOS,SEA,PIT - Both pitchers equal no play.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Went to fangraphs and pulled out the pitcher vs pitcher sabermetrics. Going with the better pitcher and these teams. High Juice today

CWS
    ATL
    REDS
    KC
    SD
    CUBS
    ZONA
    PHILLY

BOS,SEA,PIT - Both pitchers equal no play.
    How are Wakefield and Baker equal? Baker is clearly the better pitcher.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Especially at home.

Twins might be my only play today.

LockPickMaster

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    They were both rated 7 out of 10 for their metrics.
    Last edited by LockPickMaster; 08-08-11 at 01:16 PM.

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Leans for today.

Padres
    Nationals
    Rockies
    Twins
    Dodgers.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    Leans for today.

Padres
    Nationals
    Rockies
    Twins
    Dodgers.

i wont be against any of these but not sure ill be playing any of them either. Like the under 6 in La.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    They were both rated 7 out of 10 for their metrics.

you can have any stat that ranks Wake and Baker as equal.

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Not a lot to like about this card as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, weird shit happens on Mondays.
    Not like it matters but looking at Monday stats, the Nats are by far the worst hitting team on Mondays.

miyakuza

We're basing plays off how teams play on days now? Wow. Putting our money on superstitions. LMAO

LockPickMaster

In other news, the Dow is down 500 points.

miyakuza

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

closing somewhere around down 440.
    economy. woke up thinking SDG CWS and maybe TEX RL,
    but now I'm leaning Minny 2x. wakefield is in a tough spot tonight...
    I'm a cradle to the grave red sox fan, and I know wake's tendency to get
    lit up for 5ER in 3 innings on occasion. after traveling / jet lag and an
    intense series w/ the bombers @ fenway... and, if wake catches fire,
    the beantown pen is very faded right now. Albers? gimme a f@#kin' break.
    leaning Minny 2x. thanks, bros- and good luck all around!

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Under team total astros

BigDan

few totals im playing w/o umps.fuk them...

fla/atl ov 8.5...seems like lotta ppl like the braves and the way i see it you almost have to give fish 4 with Lowe on the bump, with my advanced math skills i can say that if fish score 4 yet braves win = over 8.5

phi/lad u 6.....doc in CR sholdnt have much problem with this offense. Kuroda has had success against this team and not like CR is a easy place to score at night so under it is.

cws/balty un 8.5...already played the sox and generally when they win the game stays under as they are far from a offensive power.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

like White Sox RL and Rockies/Reds OVER 9. when danks is hot tail his ass, guthrie throws batting practice. hammel and bailey, you know what to do.

BigDan

that make this card pretty big once again for me...recapping

cws-115

kc+1.5 -135 ml +158

tex-1.5 -115

kc/tb u8..going for trifecta in this gm.

Hou tt un 3 ev

cws/balty un 8.5

fla/atl ov 8.5

phi/lad u 6

9 freaking plays seems like more than enough but of coarse im still looking at a few more i guess say what you want but i got good numbers in almost every game which is always nice
    Last edited by BigDan; 08-08-11 at 03:32 PM.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    like White Sox RL and Rockies/Reds OVER 9. when danks is hot tail his ass, guthrie throws batting practice. hammel and bailey, you know what to do.

figured chisox was cheap enough to just play ml but i agree with rl as well seeing how they dont win by 1 real often...kinda just ignored reds/rox gm for some reason, i will check it out....thanx for stopping by bro

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    figured chisox was cheap enough to just play ml but i agree with rl as well seeing how they dont win by 1 real often...kinda just ignored reds/rox gm for some reason, i will check it out....thanx for stopping by bro
    my pleasure man, keep the great threads coming!

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Hmmm, Dodgers R/L +1 at plus odds. Phillies coming off emotional series...do I trust Kuroda's past success against Phil's that much.

On the W-sox, and grabbed K.C. at +155 I liked the game before I saw the ridiculous price.

Twins bat's are in such a funk I just can't trust them..maybe a Knuckler is what the Dr. ordered, or does it exacerbate the futility?

S.D seems very logical but the Mets have been a funny team this year, Collins usually gets them to play and they went on a roll last month with a ragtag lineup that was without Wright and Reyes amongst others. Pelf is a different pitcher at home. Gonna pass here.

Wang and Hand to much uncertainty there for my liking.

Zona and Tex very tempting on the R/L.

Can Morton give Pitt. a Quality start and steal one in S.F - Kinda tempted here, don't think the pitching match-up is as lopsided as it seems.

GL all on your plays

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I've got texas and dbacks on RLs with big payout parlays, they better damn well crush the ball tonight!!

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Hmmm, Dodgers R/L +1 at plus odds. Phillies coming off emotional series...do I trust Kuroda's past success against Phil's that much.

On the W-sox, and grabbed K.C. at +155 I liked the game before I saw the ridiculous price.

Twins bat's are in such a funk I just can't trust them..maybe a Knuckler is what the Dr. ordered, or does it exacerbate the futility?

S.D seems very logical but the Mets have been a funny team this year, Collins usually gets them to play and they went on a roll last month with a ragtag lineup that was without Wright and Reyes amongst others. Pelf is a different pitcher at home. Gonna pass here.

Wang and Hand to much uncertainty there for my liking.

Zona and Tex very tempting on the R/L.

Can Morton give Pitt. a Quality start and steal one in S.F - Kinda tempted here, don't think the pitching match-up is as lopsided as it seems.

GL all on your plays
    i could see a case for pit,lad, and nats to go along with kc which i already played. not sure if the case is strong enough in any of these to pull the trigger on the dog but wouldnt wanna be laying the juice against these guys (altho it real hard to argue with anyone that continues to fade pit, i havnt been against pads so dont think id start now)..

lad prob a decent bet as if anything phils bats seem to have a prob picking up Kuroda's pitches (small sample on everyone but the fact no one has done anything really in a few tries has to be a little telling).

Nats would just be on principal alone as seeing cubs as that big of fav is kinda ridiculous but really dont trust wang at all.

Tex rl seemed like a no brainer at -115, if it loses so what, think i have a better chance of cashing than -115 indicates.

Pads just seems wrong to me, normally im on these guys on the road but i didnt do this against pit so feel like im late to the party so im just staying away.

id say twinks the right side but like i already said i think i should be getting more to go against Sox, so even tho the spot seems great for minny, they are cold and playing the best team in baseball. i gotta have a better price to get involved in that, i hope they win cause a lot of peeps i respect are on them but ill be on sidelines.

Gl to you as well brother.

First 1234 Last