Renojaguar
    Renojaguar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Mlb sunday evening play

It has been almost 6 months since I posted a play. Not much time for gambling these days not too mention the resession has really crippled me with the funds needed to gamble, but I do have an evening play today that I hope will get me back in the saddle.

GAME 1

The Phillies have put themselves in position to sweep a series of at least three games in San Francisco for the first time since May 18-20, 1984. Roy Oswalt will take the hill and try and help the Phillies to their 10 straight win.
    Oswalt is returning from the DL list since his injury back in June, with lower back inflammation. The former Astro, has not pitched his best season this year posting a 4-6 record and an ERA just under 3.80. It has been a bumpy ride for the right-hander, on the road this year holding a 2-4 record and 4.12 ERA. Philadelphia has dropped 4 of his last 6 road starts and 2 of his last 3 (6.46 ERA) before taking the DL.Though the right-hander could be rusty, Oswalt might be confident after going 2-0 with a 2.14 ERA in three starts against the Giants since coming to Philadelphia at last year's trade deadline.The Phillies have outscored the Giants 14-3 to avenge dropping two of three at home last week to the reigning World Series champions, who beat them in the NL championship series last year.
    Though the Giants (62-52) remain a serious postseason contender, they have dropped eight of nine and are hitless in 17 at-bats with runners in scoring position in the series. They have averaged a major league-low 3.0 runs since the All-Star break and have scored two or fewer 12 times while losing 11 of 16.
    Tim Lincecum will counter Oswalt. Lincecum posts an average 9-9 record overall and an ERA of 2.77. The Young Right-Hander allowed three hits in six scoreless innings in a 4-1 win July 28 to improve to 3-1 with a 1.45 ERA in his last five regular-season starts against the Phillies. He was 1-1 with a 3.14 ERA against them in the NLCS. The Giants have lost 2 of his last 3 starts but with an ERA 1.35 you have to blame the bats posting a 2.36 batting average as a team. Lincecum has allowed 2 runs or less in 7 of his last 10 starts against the Phillies, including 3 of those being shut-out games. The Phillies have one of the best records in baseball but betting on a pitcher with not only a losing record, but hot of the DL could give the Giants just what they need to get back in this game, and no matter how good you are, it is extremely hard to beat a team 4 times in a row at home. I'm backing the Giants in this spot today.Both pitchers must go today to have action on this play.

2* SAN FRANSISCO GIANTS -132 (LINCECUM)

Renojaguar
    Renojaguar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

no time for the write up. time got away from me here.

GAME 2

1* NEW YORK YANKEES +155