Romanianbornwin
    Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

What has happened to the Cubs and Pirates?

The Pirates were "making a playoff push." They got two veterans to help and now they have lost like 8 in a row, I think. Today they are already losing. The Cubs on the other hand have won 7 straight and they were garbage a week ago. I wish last Saturday I made a parlay with the Cubs ML and the Pirates losing and continued to make that parlay until today. Would be swimming in money. Now if I will try to do that parlay, it will probably lose. What do you guys think? Do we continue to follow the streaks of the Pirates and Cubs?

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Just hot streaks. Like they say, never judge a team when they're at their highest or lowest.

The Cubs and Pirates suck. Pirates were just overachieving for most of the year. Same with the Indians.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Cubs just feel no pressure now and are playing for fun, thats why theyre suddenly winning. Pirayes, the opposite probably happened to them. They got all this media attention and they're wilting under the pressure.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

starlin castro is an awesome hitter. he fouls off so many pitches, you cannot strike him out. the other hitters are more patient now too, they used to just hack away.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

even tony campana has been hitting recently, did you see his cool inside the park homerun? He's so fast

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Reality hit the Pirates, and th Cubs are dreaming at the moment.

EBDOG
    EBDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Pirates were winning from pitching. Now that all their starters have come back to reality they cant win a game because they cant score. They should have traded their pitchers that were overachieving and get some young talent instead of getting old veterans like always. Neil Huntington is a moron. Continues to sign old washed up veterans in the offseason that do nothing to help the team. Diaz, Overbay, Burnitz, Stairs, Derek Bell, the list goes on. Why even waste money on guys like these is beyond my level of comprehension.

Romanianbornwin

Both are either killing the other team or being killed. The Cubs won big 11-4 today. The Pirates are getting embarrassed at home 11-1, to the Padres of all teams.

Romanianbornwin

The Pirates lost again today. They now have lost 9 in a row (starting to look like the Mariners during their losing streak). The Cubs on the other hand, were losing 6-2, but have come back to get the lead 7-6. Gotta follow the streaks in baseball sometimes.