Narusco
    Narusco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Websites for MLB stats

I am new in baseball handicapping (and also in baseball) because I live in Europe, where baseball is not a very famous sport, but I really like it.

I read about ERA's and pitchers again and again here, but I would like to make my picks, so I need websites with team's stats and pitchers' stats.

Which sites are the bests for it?
    Where can I check the pitchers previous matches?

I don't like mlb.com, for soccer I use www.soccerway.com, that is perfect for soccer, basketball, nhl etcetc...
    do you use a site like this for baseball?

[last question: if a pitcher is 4-0 in his last 6 for example, he won 4 and lost 0, but whats with the 2 other match?]

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I live in Europe too...welcome to mlb narusco!

covers.com (former www.wagerline.com)
    mlb.com (offical website)
    teamrankings.com
    cleanuphitter.com

meanwhile if you want to learn something about baseball terms you may check wikipedia where is so usual....good luck and welcome to mlb

another 2 game won by another pitchers (a game is 9 innings but a starting pitchers stay 5-6-7 innings generally)

if cole hamels and matt cain allow 2 homeruns in first 6 innigs and both left the game end of the 6. inning (score was 2-2)

7th inning score still 2-2
    8th inning score still 2-2
    9th inning Phillies closer Lidge doesn't allow run but Giants closer Brian Wilson allow one run and Phillies win 3-2

Brian Wilson is Loser, Lidge will be winner. (that is one of the another two games.there is not any loser or winner starting pitcher)
    Last edited by gangeriver; 08-06-11 at 03:46 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cleanuphitter .com
    Baseballpress .com
    Jazzsports .com watchv their line movesv on totals
    Espn .com read their game previews. Usually gives an indication of how the teams, and pitchers play against one another.

Romanianbornwin
    Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can also use espn and go to the mlb section. Lots of good stats for each pitcher and game previews.

Narusco
    Narusco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

thank you guys, I check all of these sites

I thought the starting pitcher plays all of the innings, now I understand this thing.