broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

why do coaches not bunt

with men on first and second and no outs? especially when you are down by 1 or 2 runs? Tony L is a real dumbass

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I dunno shit about baseball but I always think bunting is for pussies. swing that wood, swing it hard. swing for the fences

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

i would only bunt under two situations,first is if the pitcher is up.second only if the batter is a poor hitter or a good bunter,would never have a premiere player with any kind of power or situational hitting,ever bunt

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    i would only bunt under two situations,first is if the pitcher is up.second only if the batter is a poor hitter or a good bunter,would never have a premiere player with any kind of power or situational hitting,ever bunt

Furcal is not a premiere hitter and he has no power...dude isn't even batting .200

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i love bunting, two chances and more important, takes away the double play. some clubs don't believe in it, like the phillies.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

with all the power phillies have ,why would they bunt.everybody in that lineup can hit the ball out of the park

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

What's worse is when you're down by a run, or tied, and your team leads off with a double. Bunt the friggin' guy over to 3rd so he can score on a fly ball or groundout. Geez, I get sick of seeing runners stranded after a double with no outs.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    What's worse is when you're down by a run, or tied, and your team leads off with a double. Bunt the friggin' guy over to 3rd so he can score on a fly ball or groundout. Geez, I get sick of seeing runners stranded after a double with no outs.

no joke.. happens all the time. wish i was a manager. the base paths would be burning up instead of sitting back waiting for a 3 run homer.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I definitely think that was a bunting situation. Furcal not hitting .200 and not in any sort of a 'groove'. Down by 1 you have to be bunting there.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20, but I definitely think that was a bunting situation. Furcal not hitting .200 and not in any sort of a 'groove'. Down by 1 you have to be bunting there.

unless i have the marty mcfly 2011 sports almanac, i'm bunting with the dude. I don't care if he's batting .300