BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talkin Sunday Bases

ok lets get after this shit, few things stand out to me right away. 1st thing is there are some shitty umps in places i would like to play unders. 2nd there a couple lines im jumping on right now early with the reduced juice cause i figure no matter what it be hard to lose on this deal even if i decide to buy back later....

STL-141...Sunday night gm and yea everyone and their mother prob be on it. still like cards to sweep but would be real surprised if the number went against me here. Westbrook's sinker has been money since the all-star break which makes sense as ive always heard he was a 2nd half pitcher. No one on the cubs with the exception of Pena has done anything against him and westy also has fantastic numbers in his 3 career starts with Wolf behind the plate. Dumpster has been solid but a lot of Cards own very good numbers against him, with stl revamped pen i can even start giving them the adv in that department. Im not a huge fan of playing stl to sweep and even less of a fan of being on a Sunday night gm everyone will be on and a million parlays will be tied into. That said stl cant afford to be pissing games away with a trip to mil on deck. Regardless i dont see how this line isnt a lot higher 2marro so i see no losing taking it now....

Reds-1.5 +140.....lets face it there no way cincy beats sf in a 1 run gm. Not even sure if Zito will be the starter as Bochey has stated he may not so bet could be scratched. But on the chance Zito starts ill take cincy to do some damage and count on Cueto bouncing back from his last outing. Again another number i dont think i can lose on because who would bet sf+1.5? all g-men do is win 1 run games and reds are great at blowing games so you either play sf ml or you dont play it. so once again dont think i can lose on the line by taking it now. hopefully Zito remains starter.

tons of other games i like and would like to discuss so feel free to jump in and give your opinion on any games you like. ill post more things im looking at shortly but thought these were 2 i just didnt see how id lose on by playing now (not saying they wont lose)...as Always thoughts and comments are appreciated as all i wanna do is talk some baseball

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im really liking Atl, NY , & cin. All very square plays but all teams are gearing up for their races & need to play solid ball.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Sd. Col und 7

Both strike throwers in Lube and Nicky. SD strikeouts out plenty, and are not a threat much a game. Need Lube to go 6 solid innings and turn it over to the bully.

Cincy -1.5 is a def play. If Zito played in the NFL he would have been cut after his guaranteed money ran out. Cueto is the Reds best option @ SP, andx Reds are one of the better Lefty hitting teams in the NL.

Has Beltran reached 1st base since becoming a Giant?

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Im really liking Atl, NY , & cin. All very square plays but all teams are gearing up for their races & need to play solid ball.

i really looked for ways to convince myself to play the fish but i couldnt do it and scratched them off my sheet before it was even a strong lean...im assuming yo mean nyy not the Muts correct?

BigDan

Houli that def one of the unders i have wrote down. figure with all the runs today and a ump with good over numbers that there no rush to play it tho. just gonna see what line does

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

cards yup.

Romanianbornwin
    Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking into the Angels-Tigers under 6.5 and Pirates-Phillies under 8. Anyone have any opinions about the two?

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Romanianbornwin View Post
    Looking into the Angels-Tigers under 6.5 and Pirates-Phillies under 8. Anyone have any opinions about the two?

How can you not love Dream Weaver vs Zoolander under? 1st thing i wrote down, really shitty ump tho and this the kind of gm i like to take my crack at neither team to score 3 prop, should be +450 but wont be out till 2marro....

I got pit/phi under as a initial lean but few things bother me. Karstens hasnt been as good in the day and Pence has really good numbers against him which sux. plus Bucs scrappy and have been puttin a few runs up against the best. pretty good ump tho and def one im considering, just havnt gotten far enough along to be sure yet.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Yup the yankme's. They might take it easy tomorrow but I just can't find value in baltimore on the road with thier spirits crushed.

BigDan

Yup the yankme's. They might take it easy tomorrow but I just can't find value in baltimore on the road with thier spirits crushed.

their only 2 ways to bet spanks during the day. you bet on them or their TT ov because they dominate in day games period. i dont even know who pitching, doesnt really matter you blind bet these fukks in the daytime you pretty much are up money.

BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

You covered the three I was looking at, angels/tigers under, pirates/phillies under and the Reds to beat zito and the giants. I'll need to do some more research but good luck.

BigDan

really like the under 9.5 in cle....i know Davies pitching but he did just shut down the red sox somehow and lets face it you dont have to be cy young to slow up the tribe offense, this number is beyond curious to me? kc is terrible at producing runs most days, Carmona has been solid of late and i just dont see him getting blasted here. 9.5 seems really high, maybe im missing something?

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Tomorrow is the day I win an ipad 2 wish me luck boys. Stl,Cin,NYy,Atl,Mil 500 to win 7k points plus. Squarest plays by miles but they just made the most sense.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Leans:

DET
    CHW
    CIN
    HOU FF
    MIN/OAK over 8

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Leans:

DET
    CHW
    CIN
    HOU FF
    MIN/OAK over 8

def considering chisox but getting tired and havnt really got far on that game.

you can have hou ff, i understand it but no thnx...

no interest in taking a side in weaver vs zoo. arnt you normally bad with tigers games? think that you?

hard to find a reason not to keep playing oak overs as they hitting better than anybody in the league as of late, not sure where that came from but its obviously happening.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

dan is the man, turned me on to brewers home games and yankees day games. seems to understand the cardinals. any thoughts on fading the astros the rest of the season? they can't be very motivated, and they sure aren't good. today i bet milwaulkie -2.5. only good play i made.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    def considering chisox but getting tired and havnt really got far on that game.
    I'll take Buehrle vs. Miller at home for a short price in another big spot for CHW every day of the week. If it loses, so be it.

you can have hou ff, i understand it but no thnx...
    Narveson has no business being favored by this much. None. He's a bum.

no interest in taking a side in weaver vs zoo. arnt you normally bad with tigers games? think that you?
    Yep, that's me.

hard to find a reason not to keep playing oak overs as they hitting better than anybody in the league as of late, not sure where that came from but its obviously happening.
    Really like this one, a lot. Which means it'll be 4-2.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    dan is the man, turned me on to brewers home games and yankees day games. seems to understand the cardinals. any thoughts on fading the astros the rest of the season? they can't be very motivated, and they sure aren't good. today i bet milwaulkie -2.5. only good play i made.

lol, appreciate the kind words bro....

i was thinking about a good way to fade the stros today, thinking team total unders against decent and above right handers may be a good way of going about it. really hard to find runs for this team in the foreseeable future. hell the only things i normally look for when looking to go against hou is how Pence and Lee hit the opposing pitcher, now Pence gone and dont know how they gonna plate runs.

Obviously wouldnt apply 2marro as they facing a lefty, one who has been good but these guys do seems to hit lefties pretty decent. think im actually even staying off Mil, havnt really decided yet. but do think hou tt unders may have some merit against right handers for the next week or 2 at least.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea they are like 15-15 vs. lefties i think. righties much worse.

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Oakland and the O8... Over is 7-0-1 in OAK last 8 games following a win. Over is 14-2-2 in OAK last 18 overall. Minn and Oak been hitting the ball fairly well lately. Pavano coming off a shaky start after giving up 8 ER in 5 and 5 ER in 6 last 2 games. WHIP 1.35 and 5.79 ERA for the month of July. McCarthy faring a lot better w/ 13 ERs in his last 5 games averaging 6 innings a start. WHIP 1.16 and 3.77 ERA for the month of July. "The Athletics lead the majors in on-base percentage (.388) and batting average (.315) since the break, with at least eight hits in every game," from ESPN. Expect to see Oakland win 7-3 type of game. Slight chance of a complete game shutout by McCarthy. Possible sprinkle on Oak TT over.

LAA and NYY other games I like.
    Points Awarded:

blackeyeshamus gave Maddhatter 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

I really hope the Astros dont show up to burn me. Glad to see pence gone though. I know they hit lefties well but I think this is a spot where they might just want to get home. I also think if I was Mil minus weeks, I would want to pick up the bonus win against an easy team before Stl comes to town. Especailly if they realize Stl should pick up tomorrows win.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

okay. lost a nickel on the mets today.
    totally f@#ked don't know what to do tomorrow!
    leaning toward cincy run line... f@#k!

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

maddhatter! you're right on time! need a clutch play to bail me out of the bucket.
    down 15.40 to my local. ouch. oakland ML / OVER 8 parlay 5.00 pays 10.48 whoa!

BigDan

I really hope the Astros dont show up to burn me. Glad to see pence gone though. I know they hit lefties well but I think this is a spot where they might just want to get home. I also think if I was Mil minus weeks, I would want to pick up the bonus win against an easy team before Stl comes to town. Especailly if they realize Stl should pick up tomorrows win.

i could honestly almost play the look ahead card here but i wont because it would be hypocritical of me to do so w/o saying the same about Cards

Smush Parker
    Smush Parker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the under in the LAA/DET game. Also think CIN will knock Zito around.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

seeing madhatter on the angels,
    and nocoincidence on the tigers...
    maybe I won't touch that game.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do you think about nats tomorrow?? mets been hot but I think they began to cool down starting yday.... leaning towards nats right now.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    seeing madhatter on the angels,
    and nocoincidence on the tigers...
    maybe I won't touch that game.

i just dont really see the point in trying to figure out which one of those aces out duels the other...if you have the option my fav way to go about games like this is to sprinkle a little on the neither team to score 3 prop, prob be +450 and hope for a 2-1 war. hell i know it be to juicy for me but if you really need to get out of a hole hard not to like neither to score in 1st inning as well. I always just try to get creative with props in pitching duels cause it fun, usually profitable, and a lot easier than trying to pick a side.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    what do you think about nats tomorrow?? mets been hot but I think they began to cool down starting yday.... leaning towards nats right now.

im not the one to ask about that gm. played the 1st 2 in that series kinda small and missed them both. dont really have a good read on either team.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

So dan other than my mil play how do you like my parlay?

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angels/Tigers under 6.5 -120
    Yankees -1.5 +100
    Reds -1.5 +135
    Oakland over -120
    Cards -1.5 +145

Brews/Astros not sure if I'm going to hit brew crew rl or the under yet.

Tossing up on adding the Rays as well (-115). Square as hell but think it should net +$ tomorrow.

BigDan

So dan other than my mil play how do you like my parlay?

honestly bro it hard to really find faults with any of them. i mean i can nit pick mil and maybe braves a little but im not betting against them. if Zito doesnt go then reds could be trickier. but i mean you know how these normally go. most times someone fukks up the party. could be one of the ones im on, never really know. i hope it cashes brother.

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Sd. Col und 7

Both strike throwers in Lube and Nicky. SD strikeouts out plenty, and are not a threat much a game. Need Lube to go 6 solid innings and turn it over to the bully.

Cincy -1.5 is a def play. If Zito played in the NFL he would have been cut after his guaranteed money ran out. Cueto is the Reds best option @ SP, andx Reds are one of the better Lefty hitting teams in the NL.

Has Beltran reached 1st base since becoming a Giant?
    He has Houli. These are my leans for today.

Blue Jays
    Giants (I guess I'm the only one here with Zito.)
    Pirates
    Royals
    Marlins
    Rays
    White Sox
    Nationals
    Dodgers
    Padres

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yea just checked, and Beltran is a "sterling" 1 for 15. He is fitting in the lineup perfectly.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

What up Danny boy!

I am still contemplating whether to take the Reds -1 RL or hold off. I will probably roll on the Reds with you though. I'm waiting to see where the line goes before first pitch.

You can't go wrong with your Cards play...the Cubs bullpen is brutal, although I do have an under lean in that one right now and the RLM backs that up.

So far, I have locked in:

Angels/Tigers under 6.5 - probably just threw my money away based on the recent line movement
    Marlins/Braves under 7.5
    NYM/Natties under 8
    Royals ML (+125)

Still have a bunch of leans too. Might have a big card. Good luck on all your plays!

1234 ... Last