stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

question for the pros out there

been toying with a certain parlay

question: Is the following parlay a correlated play?

Detroit tigers (runline) -1 1/2

Angels/Tigers Over 8 1/2 runs

is this a correlated play, and does it have a distinct advantage to a capper?

all my points will be divvyed up to those with thoughtful responses

Thanks guys

somachino1
    somachino1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm no pro but there's obviously a correlation since both plays are involved in the same game so they do depend on each other. You need there a good amount of scoring and you assume Detroit will do more of it.

The disadvantage is a. by playing if you go 1 and 1 you lose everything as opposed to juice if you separate them.

The only advantage is I'm sure the payout is 75% plus.

I still think parlays are more risk than reward overall except when playing two favorites of near -200 or over but that's just from my experience. To reduce risk on two otherwise heavy favorites as going 1-1 in that case kills you. I don't have the math to back it up.

Keep your point. Just my 2 cents.

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

good points....

and yes the advantage to this play is the payout is over 4 to 1... which if it is directly correlated, you are getting a 4 to 1 payout on essentially the same one bet

I see a huge advantage to this... Just wondering what you guys think

I been in vegas a while now, and places here for some insane reason accept these parlays

if you pick two correct blow outs

ex tonight : Det RL and over, with Philly RL and over the payout is almost 20 to 1 its insane

put three correct blowouts together, and the payout is 70 to 1

so in other words it is the type of play you dont have to get correct all that often, one winning ticket can get you a decent roll

somachino I tried to send you points bro, can I?