gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Friday picks (27-17 +6.48)

Gave back some today. Poor calls on my part on some of these. St. Louis is in a tough division race and needs to beat teams like the Astros.The Brewers and Pitt won tonight, that race is basically a three way race to the finish. Cardinals cant afford to split a series with a team like the Astros.

They should get Berkman back facing the Cubs on Friday.

Beckett only had one truly bad inning, just a poor call on my part.

Going back to the well with the cardinals

cardinals -126 (5dimes reduced juice) risk 2.52

Jackson on the mound for the first time in St Louis, Cardinals in a tight division race, I am hoping Berkman is back.The Cubs are still the Cubs, poor offensively, I like the number tonight on the Cards.

I see this Yankee line ending up in the -220 range at least. Guthries numbers against the Yankees are atrocious, Baltimore has been in California and Toronto all week. I will be looking at the -1 run line when 5dimes releases it

Yankees -191 (5dimes reduced line ) risk 3 units

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Totally agree with you on both counts. NYY RL for me and going to wait and see how the switch goes for Jackson before I start betting on him. Berkman and Holliday are batting .133 and .182 vs Garza but I exect the bullpen to give some runs as always in late innings. GL with your card!

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt be surprised if Berkman sat again 2marro but available for pitch hit duty or coming in the game late. He has terrible numbers against Garza and seeing how sneaky the Cards are it just so happens Patterson owns him. Maybe Puma starts but i would think Patterson will be in game for sure. This a gm the little guys gotta do some work. Shoe, jay,Patterson can all be pesky and annoy Garza and work some counts, i expect Theriot to be good cause he likes picking on the team who tried moving him to 2nd. This All about Jackson tho, i believe this guy is gonna be eager to buy in to Duncans gm plans as he looking for a new contract and how can you not buy in to a coach with his track record of resurrecting careers, and Jackson way more talented than most the guys Duncan has helped. Only concern for me is 1st game he is a little to juiced and wild, even if that the case tho he can prob strand most cubs runners.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thanks Dan and Hatter, I am hoping the cards win this tonight, splitting a series with Astros isnt going to get it done in a tight division race. My card looks alot like yesterday with the tigers and the yanks on there, Porcello has had some great numbers lately and wagering against Guthrie seems has been pretty solid in the past.

Nine of the last 12 orioles games have gone over, they have actually been scoring some runs and Burnett has been struggling. The Yankees will hopefully put some runs on the board against Guthrie.

Tigers -139 5dimes risk 2.78 5dimes

Yankees -1 -153 risk 1.53 5dimes

O9.5 yankees/Balt. -115 risk 1.15 betonline

Mets -118 risk 1.18 betonline

blake_oakley
    blake_oakley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Thanks Dan and Hatter, I am hoping the cards win this tonight, splitting a series with Astros isnt going to get it done in a tight division race. My card looks alot like yesterday with the tigers and the yanks on there, Porcello has had some great numbers lately and wagering against Guthrie seems has been pretty solid in the past.

Nine of the last 12 orioles games have gone over, they have actually been scoring some runs and Burnett has been struggling. The Yankees will hopefully put some runs on the board against Guthrie.

Tigers -139 5dimes risk 2.78 5dimes

Yankees -1 -153 risk 1.53 5dimes

O9.5 yankees/Balt. -115 risk 1.15 betonline

Mets -118 risk 1.18 betonline
    Agreed with BAL/NYY over 9.5 - with Burnett on the mound literally anything can happen.