bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

ellsbury 20-1 to win mvp

so long story short...me and this friend at work always talk about sports....and gambling sometimes.....we usually make friendly bets between 50-100 bucks on all kinds of stupid shit....for instance...he insisted the orioles would finish in 3rd or higher this year...so we have a 50 dollar bet on that...o's finish 3rd or higher he wins...4th or 5th i win

we are both lifelong sox fans....so last week he was talking about ellsbury having a shot at mvp...i dismissed the notion....so it came up again on monday....and again i argued against it......so he said "gimme 20-1"...i laughed...and said "ok"...he said "20 bucks"..."ok"

i know that i know alot more about sports and gambling than he does...hes pretty square....i booked some of his action myself because hed asked me to put bets with my guy for him....i know how he is...so i took it myself

this is great value for him....i know way better really...at least i think i should....and ive been kind of kicking myself for agreeing...but im too proud and stubborn to back down from what i originally said ...mostly because i know hes a real square....but i made a pretty bad move imo

so...im lookin to hear what u guys think...maybe looking for a few people to tell me not to worry....that im fine...that hell be handing me 20 bucks in a few months...lol

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol He made an AWFUL bet! There's 2 guys(soon to be 3) on his own team that are beating him out as we speak.

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

mvp pretty much means hall of fame. then he would have to beat out 10+ other american league future HOFs. dumb bet

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is in 2nd right now got a good chance.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He is certainly in the mix, but if Gonzalez and him both stay on the pace they've been on Gonzalez will get MVP.

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

He Is in the running right now But he is due for an injury! No MVP for Ellsbury

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

No this doesn't have good value for one specific reason. To really consider ellsbury for mvp the voters have to base the vote purely on value and not the hollow counting stats like BA and RBI that voters gravitate to. And if they do that and really look at it baustista runs away with it.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Unless Ellsbury has a crazy run, Adrian Gonzalez is such a productive player, and has him beat.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I would take Gonzalez over Bautista any day of the week as a player. He was underrated until he came to Boston.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

thanks for the input guys....

ya...i know agon, if he keeps this up and without an injury, is pretty much a lock to finish ahead of ellsbury....one of my arguments against him was the pedey was heating up and he had just as good of a shot as ellsbury about a week ago.... hes crushing the ball right now....

still nervous though....ellsbury is a damn tough out...hed probably need to steal 60 bases....but he plays great defense.....i get worried that voters will start to look outside the box a little....

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I would take Gonzalez over Bautista any day of the week as a player. He was underrated until he came to Boston.
    except for the fact that outside of Gonzales being a good fielder and Bautista being an average fielder (at a more difficult position), Bautista has been vastly superior to gonzales (and everyone else in baseball) by a good margin this year.