snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Philadelphia -110 Tonight

The greatest team in baseball playing at home and they are just at -110. Is that a deal or what? Worley has a better ERA than Lincecum so they even seem to have an advantage in starting pitchers. Am I missing something or is Philadelphia just a great bet?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

indisputable fact: until the end of this year, san fran is the best team in baseball that has been proven without question for everyone to see. worley has pitched is zero big games and lint cumstain is an underdog, that is when you bet him not at -200 like everyone does. good luck!

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Worley's ERA is the deciding factor here

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Who besides Howard hits Timmy?
    Howard also did his damage against him in his rookie year.

No Polanco

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvsp...5/tim-lincecum

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

The best bet tonight is probably no bet... Would like to lean giants, but philly at home coming off a loss is not something i would go against.. they haven't lost back to back games in 43 games dating back to early june

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really like the Phillies here....the Giants have no offense whatsoever and Timmy pitches in a pitcher friendly park against weak teams on regular basis. I am a huge Lincecum fan but I think he gets hit hard tonight

str8upslik
    str8upslik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

im definitely taking the phillies here. im thinking the offense will explode

erkanua
    erkanua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2395

under

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    The greatest team in baseball playing at home and they are just at -110. Is that a deal or what? Worley has a better ERA than Lincecum so they even seem to have an advantage in starting pitchers. Am I missing something or is Philadelphia just a great bet?

please tell me you dont believe this statement....

personally think this really tough, certainly do not give the sp edge to philly in this one!! but revenge gm so who knows if sf comes in looking to remind phi why they the champs or if phils dish out a little revenge? tough call but id either take the freak really cheap or leave it alone.....BOL

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Lol @ Worley.

Only playoff teams he has pitched against this year have been ATL (only 1 inning pitched), Reds & Boston. He lost against the Reds, giving up 3 ER and only pitched 5 innings. He has never pitched past 8 innings this year, and only pitched 7 innings twice out of the twelve games he has pitched this year.

The risk here is, you do not know what you get out of Worley, but you pretty much know what you get out of Lincecum.

dlightner
    dlightner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im a phils fan but the giants are the play. Sucker bet

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

miyacuza, all i can say is you know philly dreaming they find a gm that is as crazy as op and thinks Worley is a world beater and gives them something good for him.

no one i talk to in philly believes this kid to be anything more than a solid 4th or 5th starter.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

I like the Phillies in this one. Big, big offensive advantage for the Phillies. And a good situation for them, coming off a loss, at home, facing the team that ended their season last year, and with a good young pitcher on the mound wanting to show he can hang with Lincecum. Giants' bullpen is top notch, but probably won't get the chance to save this one for them.

Pluthero
    Pluthero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Tim is CLEARLY heads and shoulders over Worley, but lately they've been pitching equally great. Against that weak Giants offense I'll take Philly at home as the slight favorite. I'm also putting a small amount on the over.

stevenash

Vance Worley is a converted middle reliever, as a starter Phils get him more than five runs a game in support.
    It's one thing to beat the Nationals when your offense gets 6 runs of a Gorzellany type starter, but what's he going to do when he's down 1-0 in the 6th to SF and the Freak tonight.

Different ball game when your offense can't get you five or six early runs.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sabermetrics show Timmy has a value of 8 out 10 and Worley only a 4. I would take the Giants but gonna go with the Phillies as I think their offense can counter any runs Worley gives up.

bulichme
    bulichme's Avatar Become A Pro!

go phi

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Lincecum is the better pitcher, look at overall track record. SF is the play.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Lincecum is the better pitcher, look at overall track record. SF is the play.
    Timmy is the better pitcher but the Giants power ranking at #6 is pitcher dependent. The Phillies have the fire power to beat little Timmy.

3. Philadelphia: Last week – 3, WAR% – .606 (4), FAN% – .556 (3), TOTAL% – .587
    Don’t look now, but Chase Utley is really starting to heat up. His 0.7 WAR last week was tied for fourth-best among position players, he has a 155 wRC+ in July, and his 142 wRC+ for the season would be his third-highest single-season total if he can maintain it.

6. San Francisco: Last week – 6, WAR% – .566 (8), FAN% – .519 (9), TOTAL% – .549
    The Giants are one of just six teams — the A’s, Braves, Phillies, Mariners and White Sox being the others — that has a higher pitching WAR than position player WAR.
    Last edited by LockPickMaster; 07-26-11 at 01:15 PM.

dannyd66
    dannyd66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two things have gone into factoring this line:

1) Lincecum has had a few "rock"ing chair starts, and

2) The bullpens-----------S.Fran's is better.

So-called "Home-Field" advantage is non-existent in this one.

BOL with whomever you go with.........personally, for me, it's a "gut-call."

G'luck!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Philly is going to be a bit of a letdown here... it will hurt the fans, who probably really want to smash the Giants good for NLCS. ATL is losing... Philly will have it in back of their minds that they are still good to go in the division if they lose to Timmy but get it back later in series

Lean SF - not playing it though, do not play the NL West teams. Lean to the under

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Unreal, people think they can compare Vance Worley to Lincecum.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If you need stats to know that Lincecum is head over heels better than Worley, then please jump off a cliff. Do the world a favor.

Whether Giants win or not is a toss up. Nevertheless, Lincecum has years f experience, and Vance is a converted Reliever who the Phillies are dangling for trade bait.

Dear God, and comparing ERA's???? ERA and W/L records are not correlted stats. The are more irrelevant that helpful.

moses27
    moses27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9108

phillies beat up on tim early and win the game

Ice House

anybody know what Timmy's velocity has been lately?

Ice House

Philly looks like easy money here.... could it be a trap? Worley has been the best pitcher on the Phillies staff this year and the Giants couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by erkanua View Post
    under

Ice House

Under does look nice here.... I know the Giants won't score more than 3 runs, now the only question is whether Timmy can pitch a good game against probably the toughest line-up he has seen all year in a hitters park this time... not a freezing cold , huge ball park with wind blowing in from the ocean

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Timmy is the better pitcher but the Giants power ranking at #6 is pitcher dependent.
    omg. You think the Phillies ranking at 3 is not pitcher dependent? Dear lord dude.

Offensive WAR phillies 13th at 15.1 and giants 20th at 11.7

Ice House

like so many games on the board the first reaction is take the under but the total is set so low for a phillies game... surprised its not around 8.5

Ice House

Phillies line-up strikes fear into the opposing teams pitchers.... there is not one player on the Giants that a pitcher thinks to himself I better not let this guy beat me.... I mean the #4 hitter last week vs Kershaw was Cody Ross of all people. Now i know he turned into a super star last year in the playoffs and got a big contract but this year he has settled back into hitting .258 with 7 dingers

hey buddy
    hey buddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10423

Under looks too obvious and getting Lincecum at the price is rare but I would lay off

stevenash

Good pitching shuts down decent hitting, plain and simple.

The starting pitcher is better than the opposing offense.

Timmy at around pick 'em is a bargain.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Don't overthink it, Lincecum is a lock at pick.

Ice House

seems like everyone on here is on the Giants yet the Phillies are still favored

12 Last