WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The Pirates just taught a National TV audience a lesson...

You dont have to score, know how to run bases, or even know how many outs there are to win games in the Majors. You just gotta believe!!!!

Go BUCS!!!!!!!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

also dont worry about making the 3rd out at 3rd base

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I was disappointed the game was blacked out in Atlanta did not get to see ESPn broadcast.

WvGambler

I didn't see it either...blacked out here in Pittsburgh Market. I even tried to catch it on ESPN3. Oh well I guess.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ha, also getting your signs stolen not a dealbreaker either

WvGambler

and now we dance into the night!

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

mcdonald pitched great tonight

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    He and Hudson looked great. First inning I thought "oh shit, Hudson is gonna be untouchable."

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I didn't see it either...blacked out here in Pittsburgh Market. I even tried to catch it on ESPN3. Oh well I guess.
    Blacked out on Roots?? U may not have that being from WV.. I love the way they black out all the Phillies games but let me get Cleveland games on my MLB package here in Shitsburgh.. who the fck is the crack head that does blackout rules??

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    Blacked on on Roots??
    No it was blacked out on ESPN, so we had to watch it on ROOT. That's fine, it makes more sense that way, but I would have liked to hear the neutral announcers talk about the Bucs.

donkdown

guy turned a corner. He is a totally diffrent pitcher from start of year.. Now we need all the other pitchers to get back into form..

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

donkdown

No it was blacked out on ESPN, so we had to watch it on ROOT. That's fine, it makes more sense that way, but I would have liked to hear the neutral announcers talk about the Bucs.
    agree!!

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

WVU NO ONE was watching that telecast, i can assure you of that.

It could have been the lowest viewed telecast in history

Extra Innings

I watched it locallly

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

donkdown

PO y do u say that?? Ill bet it was one of the highest.. Just like the Steelers the Succos have a following all around the country not near as big but it is there my friend.. Pirates making the playoffs would be great for baseball...Best Park and the cinderella story son. Sorry u laid 200 to win 100 it happens but dont hate..

DrStale

was on the Pirates so im glad they won, but Mcdonald wasnt exactly stellar. He wasnt bad but he still scattered 8 hits and got bailed out of a couple jams.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    WVU NO ONE was watching that telecast, i can assure you of that.

It could have been the lowest viewed telecast in history
    I was watching it in a bar....had a buddy convinced that McDonald was going to break the single game k record when he had 7 after 3 2/3

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Got to love these naive pirates fans creating threads , 'OMG we are winning games an in first place' when its July. It seriously cheers up my day every time i see on, on this forum and many others.

Thanks.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

ATL had multiple chances to hang several runs and scored zero. He gave up 8 hits and no runs WTF ?. They are dreadful on offense right now

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i thought he might take a run at the k record the way he was pitching too...they took him out pretty early IMO, but hard to argue when they won anyway

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Got to love these naive pirates fans creating threads , 'OMG we are winning games an in first place' when its July. It seriously cheers up my day every time i see on, on this forum and many others. Thanks.
    Brewers fans talking garbage that's ironic. The Pirates have taken almost 20 years off and still eclipse the Brewers over and over again in success. too funny

donkdown

Thats how this guy pitches!! I thought he would blow up tonight to be honest.. I stayed away from the game.. How can't you root for the bucco's?? Im from here and I hate the Steelers but love the Pirates,, Im also a Eagles fan which really sux!!

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by SprayBoy View Post
    i thought he might take a run at the k record the way he was pitching too...they took him out pretty early IMO, but hard to argue when they won anyway
    they have been taking him out early every game. must be watching his pitches. hurdle seems to know with him, when its time.

WvGambler

Neverstop you do realize that the last time the Brewers had a successful season they were called the Braves right? And it was the 1950s right?

Pirates fans can take abuse from a lot of other fans, but not Brewer fans. you guys are like the "sharps" who have never really cashed out before.
    Points Awarded:

donkdown gave WvGambler 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: donkdown

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

they should thank the dodgers for supplying them all their best players.

donkdown

LOL Mcdonald??? Is nowhere r best player champ!!

DrStale

Neverstop you do realize that the last time the Brewers had a successful season they were called the Braves right? And it was the 1950s right?

Pirates fans can take abuse from a lot of other fans, but not Brewer fans. you guys are like the "sharps" who have never really cashed out before.
    Going to the World Series doesnt constitute a successful season? Some high standards you must have. Also made the playoffs just a couple years ago, also a season I would consider successful. Maybe someones still sore from getting theirs asses handed to them by the Brewers for the last few years.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Got to love these naive pirates fans creating threads , 'OMG we are winning games an in first place' when its July. It seriously cheers up my day every time i see on, on this forum and many others.

Thanks.
    People were saying that before all-star break

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

I think you mean Milwaukee. Boston--->Milw--->Atl Braves. But it got me wondering where the Brewers came from ? or were they a new expansion team?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    they should thank the dodgers for supplying them all their best players.
    Best player the Pirates ever received from the Dodgers? Roberto Clemente, while he was in their farm system with Montreal. The Dodgers tried to hide him - to no avail. Besides ole McDonald I don`t think there are any former Dodgers on the Bucs. I am not going to research that and check it for accuracy though!

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    I think you mean Milwaukee. Boston--->Milw--->Atl Braves. But it got me wondering where the Brewers came from ? or were they a new expansion team?
    Originating in Seattle, Washington, as the Seattle Pilots, the club played for one season in 1969 before being acquired in bankruptcy court by current MLB Commissioner Bud Selig and then moved to Milwaukee. The Brewers were part of the American League from their creation as an expansion club in 1969 through the 1997 season, after which they moved to the National League Central Division. Milwaukee had previously been a National League city when its team was the Milwaukee Braves (1953–1965).

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Going to the World Series doesnt constitute a successful season? Some high standards you must have. Also made the playoffs just a couple years ago, also a season I would consider successful. Maybe someones still sore from getting theirs asses handed to them by the Brewers for the last few years.
    In 1982, Milwaukee won the American League East Division and the American League Pennant, earning their only World Series appearance to date. In the Series, they lost to the St. Louis Cardinals, four games to three.
    In 2008, the Brewers achieved their first postseason berth in the 26 years since their World Series appearance as the wildcard team in the National League. They were eliminated in the NLDS by the eventual World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies.

They have NEVER won the World Series. Case closed.

WvGambler

If we are going to count playoff appearances as successful seasons, then I think it proves my point more. The Pirates eclipse the Crew in success time and time again.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not laughing for puffing my chest out by any means for Gods sake. I'm just responding to a Brewers fan who acts like Milwaukee knows what it is to win.

12 Last