dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

cubs/astros TOTAL - friday baseball

hey fellas, i see a lot of people (ok actually 99%) are backing the 'stros today, very understandable as there is a lot of value behind them at +140 or so...that being said, what does everyone think about the total? i'm leaning under 9 myself, two decent pitchers throwing today with norris and zambrano, norris has a good track record vs. cubs, both offenses pretty bad...but my site doesn't have the updated weather/wind info on wrigley today...thinking about a play on the under and a small play on the astros and possibly parlay both...anyone have any input on this, or weather info for wrigley today? thanks

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winds 29 mph NNW, so expect a ton of fouls and grounders. I say the under just got easier.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Its raining like hell in Chicago right now...

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

thanks for the updates, jeez i hope we have a game today i dont know what else i'd do at work all day...(work? ehhhh)...definitely like the under that much more at 9, not sure about the astros though it just seems too good and so many people are backing them...oh ya and they are horrible...

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Does seem like there are a lot of people on SBR on the 'stros today. But I checked FBZ and as of right now, 4910 bets on the game, 65% on the Cubs, 35% on the Astros. Like this Astros bet even more now. Good luck guys.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Both teams suck. Its a.coin flip at best, Im playing the under. I cant lay chalk on the slightly better team and I wont burn cash on the worst team in baseball on the road.

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Aramis Ramirez to have more total bases than carlos lee at +108

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

Quote Originally Posted by Grosshhit View Post
    Does seem like there are a lot of people on SBR on the 'stros today. But I checked FBZ and as of right now, 4910 bets on the game, 65% on the Cubs, 35% on the Astros. Like this Astros bet even more now. Good luck guys.
    yes i should have clarified, i meant 99% of people posting around here, not the overall public...that is good to know, enough so that this will be a no play for me on the side, just going under 9 as the total..thanks all for the info lets hope we all can cash this one!

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Lets get it

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

partly cloudy with 30% chance of rain, winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 MPH, game time temp around 90. taken from scoresandodds

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Just stay away from this game would be my advice. I initially leaned astros and under prior to an in depth analysis. However, there are too many factors at play to put any money on this one. I would especially worry about the under because of the weather. Both starters need to go deep in the game for the under to cash. However, with the rain, you could see multiple rain delays resulting in the bullpens getting some work. Plus the heat does not help and Big Z is like having a dh at times. Bol if you play it, but it may be best to stay away...

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Not recommending a play based on this just putting the info out there. Seems Ripperger is ump in Wrigley, is near or at the top of umps this year in K's game and near or top in least BB's game.

Norris has been dominant against RHB's this year, 6 of 8 position players for Cubs are RH today.

Zambrano also better vs. RHB's and Houston also with 6 of 8 RH starters today.

However, the weather uncertainty that LTA posted and wind factor will probably scare me off the play.
    Last edited by Redscot; 07-22-11 at 12:29 PM.

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Given the past games this season, I would say OVER. But not sure about Norris, he's great against RHB and might limit them if he goes deep innings

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Cubs 53%
    Cards 47%

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 7/22/11 2:20pm MLB Baseball 901 Houston Astros +133*
    Pending 7/22/11 2:20pm MLB Baseball 901 Houston Astros/Chicago Cubs Under 9½ -140*

Smush Parker
    Smush Parker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under looks great in this game. I am on it. Good luck.

JimboUSMC17
    JimboUSMC17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

The wind is currently coming from the east but is supposed to switch to SSW and then from the SW meaning it will be blowing out towards center. Make of it what you will, just sayin.