Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2069

Quote Originally Posted by Draftstreet.com View Post
    While waiting for next week's freeroll we have a few large pool tournaments tonight. 5 spots remain in our $109 GPP (Guaranteed Prize Pool) which pays out $1600 to first place.

I don't think you can go wrong with the middle of the Braves order against Arroyo tonight, all lefties: Heyward, McCann, Freeman, Hinske...

Good luck!
    Why not offer Astros/Cubs today? That killed me, I would have played Aramis.

mugsey15
    mugsey15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I like how it works. Only tried from my phone so I haven't got too much into looking at all options. But so far so good. Lost a close one to ltprofits yesterday

Draftstreet.com
    Draftstreet.com's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Why not offer Astros/Cubs today? That killed me, I would have played Aramis.
    When there is only one day game - which happens often on Fridays with the Cubs - we don't want to force everyone to get lineups in by 2:20 EST just for one game. We've found 7 PM EST on weekdays gives users a much better chance of getting their lineup in on time, but if there are 2 or 3 day games we make a judgment call.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by mugsey15 View Post
    I like how it works. Only tried from my phone so I haven't got too much into looking at all options. But so far so good. Lost a close one to ltprofits yesterday
    Sorry

LT Profits

When there is only one day game - which happens often on Fridays with the Cubs - we don't want to force everyone to get lineups in by 2:20 EST just for one game. We've found 7 PM EST on weekdays gives users a much better chance of getting their lineup in on time, but if there are 2 or 3 day games we make a judgment call.
    Yes I agree, i''d say say if the night game/day game ratio is more than 5/1, blow away the day game(s) like you did today.

Also, regarding weekly contests that start today, I assume stats for Astros and Cubs players only count for the next 6 days right? All other players are 7 days starting tonight.

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yes I agree, i''d say say if the night game/day game ratio is more than 5/1, blow away the day game(s) like you did today. Also, regarding weekly contests that start today, I assume stats for Astros and Cubs players only count for the next 6 days right? All other players are 7 days starting tonight.
    Correct, stats for Astros/Cubs won't count if you are entering the weekly that starts at 7:05. However there were weekly leagues that started at 2:20 today to get that game in as well.

We like to present a full slate whenever possible but we also don't want to force guys to expose their teams for a couple day games in case they want more action that night. Though we do have a fix for that if needed which we used in football that would keep any players that hadn't started yet hidden.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This looks pretty cool. Very exciting actually.

rob11234
    rob11234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm definitely going to have to get myself registered before the SBR contest on the 29th. Probably won't really get into this until next season though, as I skipped out on all of my fantasy leagues this year.

LotsoCheese
    I want my NFL!
    LotsoCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I am really liking the layout of this thing. Been looking for a legit Fantasy site for a while now.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

definitely ready for this sbr league contest

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

It's disgusting that this gay ass form of gambling is legal in the U.S. because the NFL gets a piece of the action and got a carve out in the UIGEA.

Fantasy sports is for fairies.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

What does the % mean next to the players name? I'm talking about after you have your lineup all set. I see 16% mostly and some 50%.

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    What does the % mean next to the players name? I'm talking about after you have your lineup all set. I see 16% mostly and some 50%.
    If you are in a league with more than 3 people that number is displayed to show the percentage of users in the league that selected that particular player. I'm guessing that you're in a 6 team league and therefore the 16% guys are the players you were the only user in the league to select. This helps you easily identify which players you are depending on to win, and can be cool in the big multi-player pools to see trends.

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    It's disgusting that this gay ass form of gambling is legal in the U.S. because the NFL gets a piece of the action and got a carve out in the UIGEA. Fantasy sports is for fairies.
    Daily fantasy and yearly fantasy are different beasts entirely. Fredotz23 pulled back $5800 in gross earnings last night.

When you come around and give us a shot we'll reserve the name "tinkerbell" for ya.

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Once leagues have drafted, is there a way to see the lineups before the games start if you're not participating in the league?

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Daily fantasy and yearly fantasy are different beasts entirely. Fredotz23 pulled back $5800 in gross earnings last night.

When you come around and give us a shot we'll reserve the name "tinkerbell" for ya.
    agreed. the only people who have a gripe against fantasy sports are the ones who don't have the skill to play successfully..fantasy baseball is way different than fantasy football too, much more skill to be competitive every day and for a whole season

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Once leagues have drafted, is there a way to see the lineups before the games start if you're not participating in the league?
    If you keep an eye on the chat people will post the link to their games fairly regularly, or you can request that someone post a link to a GPP to see what a large field game looks like. You can also check under "Leaderboard" at the bottom to see yesterday's winning lineups if you are looking to identify some successful strategies.

ferndog

Why don't you have college sports DS?

Draftstreet.com

Why don't you have college sports DS?
    We are working on several new sports but they take some time to get going. We hope to have PGA Golf, NASCAR, and both College Football and Basketball sooner than later, but do not have any concrete timelines presently.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

It's a nice setup--I'm easing into it. playing two free contests. Do you take any **** gift card because it's not considered gambling? thanks

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

guys i have never played any fantasy contest in my life. give me some fukkin tips.

what is important here? pitching? hitting?

i basically just picked random people until my total was as close to 100k as i could get

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

looks cool. Gonna sign up now.

ferndog

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    guys i have never played any fantasy contest in my life. give me some fukkin tips.

what is important here? pitching? hitting?

i basically just picked random people until my total was as close to 100k as i could get
    Instead of wanting your team to win like in betting, you are going for the players you picked to do good. If your players do good you make more pts and the more pts you get the better chance you have to win. Take a look at the rules it breaks it down for you there.
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave ferndog 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger

Instead of wanting your team to win like in betting, you are going for the players you picked to do good. If your players do good you make more pts and the more pts you get the better chance you have to win. Take a look at the rules it breaks it down for you there.
    thanks

i found the rules on the site and have been checking it out the past few hours

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Draftstreet, I see that we can deposit to earn up to a 40% bonus. How much do we need to deposit for this? I was wondering also if there is a way to earn rakeback thru affiliates like in poker?

Thanks, Trevor

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

sounds like fun for fantasy football. too much involved for fantasy baseball

LT Profits

Site not functioning right now. I can't log in and there are no Monday leagues listed, nor are there any previous leaderboards. I just wanted to see how I did on Sunday.

LT Profits

Never mind, I just did a hard refresh and everything is there.

Sorry.

ferndog

thanks

i found the rules on the site and have been checking it out the past few hours
    Yea it tells you there what the points breakdown is. Almost everything counts. So your player can be scoring for you when he gets a single and then give it all back if he strikes out his next at bat.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

gave this a shot for a real small deposit just want to try it out

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    It's a nice setup--I'm easing into it. playing two free contests. Do you take any **** gift card because it's not considered gambling? thanks
    Yes, we do take gift cards.

RudyRuetigger

Yea it tells you there what the points breakdown is. Almost everything counts. So your player can be scoring for you when he gets a single and then give it all back if he strikes out his next at bat.
    i think Im getting the hang of it but i have 2 ridiculously dumb questions...

If I am doing a weekly competition, why would I ever choose a starting pitcher that only makes 1 start that week?

and

Why would I ever choose a relief pitcher that isn't a closer?

Draftstreet.com

i think Im getting the hang of it but i have 2 ridiculously dumb questions... If I am doing a weekly competition, why would I ever choose a starting pitcher that only makes 1 start that week? and Why would I ever choose a relief pitcher that isn't a closer?
    1) The pitchers are priced according to how many starts they are going to make, so the 2-start guys are that much more expensive than the 1-start guys. It all comes back to value. If that one start is a home start versus the Padres, then maybe they will exceed their value by a higher percentage than a guy with 2 starts against decent teams.

2) Can't think of any good reasons to take a non-closer - unless that is the only player that fits in your budget after you've picked a team you really like.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

thanks draftstreet--I like the quick replies

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    thanks draftstreet--I like the quick replies
    Sure, glad to help.

**If anyone is playing tonight make sure to note that if a game is PPD then you won't receive any points and cannot replace that player after the scoring period starts. This is a huge drag on daily fantasy that we're trying to develop a fix for, but until then it's prudent to take a safe approach to this so keep an eye on SEA/NYY, KC/BOS, and PIT/ATL.

First 1234 Last