Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I need a favor from all yall at SBR

Please look at MLB projected starters for next Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and tell me which pitching matchup or team match up you see biggest mismatch in...

Just 1 game for next week... I am going to be make a big play and I need to be sure before I pull the trigger. Please help me out.

Tuesdays games

Phillies (Halladay) vs Cubs (Garza)

Mariners (Pineda) vs Blue Jays (Cecil)

Mariners and Phillies anyone?

if you get 5 minutes please just look next weeks games Tuesday-Friday and let me know the game you would pick. Thanks a lot

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

As I have learned there's a lot more to it than pitching match-ups but I understand it's a good place to start your search. You also have to factor in home/away, streaks, value and plenty of other little things.

JT OZ

Just did a quick and I mean very quick glance of the schedule but Halladay, Sabathia, and Verlander(gotta expect a bounce back performance) are a few that caught my eye. I will certainly give you more feedback in the coming days if you would like and I know there's plenty of other people around here that know a lot more than I do that can help out. GL to you next week, I think a lot of us are looking to get back on track after the break.
    Last edited by JT OZ; 07-16-11 at 11:07 PM. Reason: sp

Ice House

Phillies vs Cubs Tuesday (Halladay) vs (Garza)

Phillies RL a good play?

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Phillies vs Cubs Tuesday (Halladay) vs (Garza)

Phillies RL a good play?
    Careful there dude, Garza's peripheral's are better than his era suggests. Wrigley can also bring serious weather elements. Not to mention the chalk you might see in that game. Not shooting it down, just some thoughts.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Wed- LAD (Kershaw) v SFG (Lincecum) - Under

Redscot

Zimmerman - Happ looks good for Tuesday at first glance, not a BIG play seeker myself but looks like a spot you might get decent enough odds.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Even if it is not my money that is risking at hand, I'm chicken shiet when someone ask for advice for a 1 team, all in big play.

The pressure is even too much for me to bare thus why I no longer play poker.

Good luck on your big play.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2197

Please look at MLB projected starters for next Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and tell me which pitching matchup or team match up you see biggest mismatch in...

Just 1 game for next week... I am going to be make a big play and I need to be sure before I pull the trigger. Please help me out.

Tuesdays games

if you get 5 minutes please just look next weeks games Tuesday-Friday and let me know the game you would pick. Thanks a lot
    Redscot and I share the same thoughts on the Philly game. As far as the Mariners go, not a chance I would play them. I don't care how good Pineda's been this year. They still need to score to win. Mariners have lost 9 games in a row while scoring a combined 11 runs in those games.

Verlander looks like the best chance at a win over the next 4 days. But be prepared to lay the juice.

If you want to stay away from the large juice then I think Nicasio over Tim Hudson on Wednesday is the play.

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Zimmerman - Happ looks good for Tuesday at first glance, not a BIG play seeker myself but looks like a spot you might get decent enough odds.
    on this play you like Nationals? I haven't seen the Nationals play at all for some reason all the Nationals games are blacked out in my area even though I have the MLB package.... i heard this guy is pretty good though

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Wed- LAD (Kershaw) v SFG (Lincecum) - Under

Yeah under definitely sounds like a good play. Only concern is it being a day game and usually hitters hit better at that park in day games. I remember Lincecum went through that stretch last summer where he had a dead arm and lost several starts in a row but I guess his velocity is up to normal right now

Ice House

looking at Thursday what about ... Blue Jays ( Morrow) ML vs Mariners (Fister) and Tigers (Verlander) ML vs Twins (Pavano)

and Yankees (Sabbathia) ML vs Rays (Shields

And Friday

Blue Jays / Rangers Over whatever.. b/c of hitters park and good hitting teams even if Harrison and Romero are good pitchers

and Braves (Jurrjens) ML vs Reds (Arroyho) and D-Backs (Hudson) vs Rockies ( Cook) or Red Sox (Lackey) ML vs Mariners (Hernandez)

Redscot

on this play you like Nationals? I haven't seen the Nationals play at all for some reason all the Nationals games are blacked out in my area even though I have the MLB package.... i heard this guy is pretty good though
    Yup, they should smoke Happ-less, and Zimmerman has been consistently really good. Being a road game, may mean you get some decent odds here. Still, not a fan of loading up on one play, and I really haven't capped this game, just a first impression.

BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

looking at Thursday what about ... Blue Jays ( Morrow) ML vs Mariners (Fister) and Tigers (Verlander) ML vs Twins (Pavano)

and Yankees (Sabbathia) ML vs Rays (Shields

And Friday

Blue Jays / Rangers Over whatever.. b/c of hitters park and good hitting teams even if Harrison and Romero are good pitchers

and Braves (Jurrjens) ML vs Reds (Arroyho) and D-Backs (Hudson) vs Rockies ( Cook) or Red Sox (Lackey) ML vs Mariners (Hernandez)
    out of these (these are the only ones I've made a quick looked at) Braves(jurrjens) vs Reds(Arroyho) seems to be the best bet pitcher match up to me.
    Hernanez vs Lackey would be my second based on the pitching match ups but as stated above I would not bet on the Mariners, especially on the road.
    I expect Verlander will have a good outing, but the Tigers are not great on the road and the twins are winning more than loosing at the moment.
    James shields 2.6 ERA (vs CC) is not a bad pitcher.

My disclaimer I have not looked at these games real close but these are my initial reactions. Good Luck.

BillyGoat
    BillyGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1093

I do like the Nationals (Zimmermann vs Happ) play also.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Halladay is pitching today which is Monday... why do you have him for Tuesday's games?

Tuesdays games

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Bet any pitcher against the Mariners and you will be a winner. That team absolutely can't score against anybody. Don't think they could hit little league pitching right now.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Halladay is pitching Monday, not Tuesday

hezawizard
    hezawizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

phillies rl, fck it, if you gonna lose money (which I hope you wont) than lose it on holladay and phillies, gl

Ice House

Lackey is pitching for Red Sox Friday at home vs Mariners and King Felix.... might be able to get the Red Sox at even money here and maybe lackey can shut down the weak Mariner line-up

Friday leans

Blue Jays (Reyes) vs Rangers (Lewis) Over whatever the number is

D-Backs (Hudson) ML vs Rockies (cook)

Cardinals (Carpenter ML @ Pirates (Malhom)

Red Sox (Lackey) ML vs Mariners (Hernandez)

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

agreed with above halladay is never abad bet..especially against the scrubs gl

Ice House

I don't get to Vegas until tomorrow and i'm there until Friday night or I would bet on Halladay tonight.

I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea to fade the Mariners every game. Losing is contagious and it will be extra hard for the M's to stop the losing streak on the road. Blue Jays have Morrow and Romero going up against the Mariners this week.... don't those games look like a pair of wins for the Jays?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I went with phi + bos. Two team parlay

Ice House

Anyone ever make a big play on a 3 team parlay?

syy211
    Yankees
    syy211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

boston might be tired tonight ... gl to your pick

Ice House

what about sabbathia and verlander both in a RL parlay on Thurs?

Ice House

anybody got any good picks for Tuesday?

JT OZ

Just getting home from work, gonna take an early look at things now.

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by syy211 View Post
    boston might be tired tonight ... gl to your pick
    Good call here

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody got any good picks for Tuesday?

stl/nym ov 8...think they undershot this number a little bit, it would be nice if i knew Beltran was a go considering he has killed Loshe in his career but either way both pitchers are trending downward and both teams can score, hard not to find 4 runs each in this one. Normally i would wait for lineups but dont think this stays at 8 (shouldnt anyway). BOL in LV