ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think people are also forgetting the tax breaks these companies will get for "donating" to his cause. This kid is like a penny stock that went from 20c to 1.50 in an instant and everyone is trying to cash out before it drops down to 10c. He will be taken care of regardless, but it seems like he's being used and either doesn't care or doesn't even know it, which would be even more sad.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    For nothing?

He got his tuition paid for, he got the suite for the rest of the year, taxes paid, he's making 5 percent from Model's sales..........

You're just as an idiot as the OP
    You don't understand what wealth is. That makes you the idiot, pal.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

the guy was in an easy win position either way...both scenarios are golden for him

Samson420
    Addicted....
    Samson420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

The Kid showed great character, BUT a horrible decision for his pocket.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by RaRhythm24 View Post
    Are u kidding me? That poor guy that caught the ball wishes now he sold it to the highest bidder!
    What a moron, the Yanks are making a killing on Jeters 3000 hit and all he has to show for it is some box seats, ohh WOW! Any Thoughts SBR?

Number 1: The Yanks got nothing to do with that scam....it's the Steiner Sports guys who hock everything from seats at the old Yankee stadium to dirt around the mound. You can look at Jeter as making the deal as he's got to sign the balls, but don't blame the Yankees for that...it's marketing at it's best.

Number 2: The guy who gave the ball up is be handsomely rewarded for his generosity. Between the Miller Inc. guys ($50k minimum) and paying his tax bill, Yankee gear sales ($50k minimum), the PR company who's setting up money deals free of charge, and the 4 Suite seats at $2500 a pair or $5000 a game for 40 games (+playoffs), a baseball card designed for him, etc. The seats alone if he hocked them at a ticket broker for 1/2 their worth he still gets around $100K for them, but probably more. So in the end if everything is converted to cash he's sitting at a minimum of $200k, but higher for sure.

Number 3: Derek Jeter has a Foundation that he funds that does great for kids that you don't hear anything about: http://mlb.mlb.com/players/jeter_derek/turn2/index.jsp
    He puts tons back in the community, and any cash he's pulling down helps....but people want to blast his money scam.

With all of the bad guys and deeds you hear about in many sports it amazing to me that many want to bad mouth one of the good guys out there. I know it's easy to be a fukkin Yankee hater, but drop that fact and realize the guy has never been in the press for something bad and does it the right way....arrogant or not the guy has done good.

MoreVodkaPlease
    MoreVodkaPlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

i know anyway you put the poor guy couldnt win

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    You don't understand what wealth is. That makes you the idiot, pal.
    The only idiot is your mom when she didn't use birth control before that brotha splooged into her box.

hawtshawt
    hawtshawt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Meh, would not buy it regardless. Ball's still just a ball.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Number 3: Derek Jeter has a Foundation that he funds that does great for kids that you don't hear anything about: http://mlb.mlb.com/players/jeter_derek/turn2/index.jsp
    He puts tons back in the community, and any cash he's pulling down helps....but people want to blast his money scam.
    That's just a PR move to make fukks like you think he cares about anything but himself and the pussy he's fukking. Get a clue, pal.

God bless.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess he was going for the 'i want everyone to know im a true fan' rather than just for the glory .... lol

Cannon
    Cannon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why don't the Yankees just give the guy $250,000 it would get them lots of positive press. The owners have tons. Give him a check and give the player the ball or put it on display at the stadium.

rob11234
    rob11234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

He could've held out and sold it back to the Yankees for 50% of what the estimated auction value was. Yankees are still thrilled, he makes a killing, and fans see him as neither a greedy bastard nor a sucker.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by hawtshawt View Post
    Meh, would not buy it regardless. Ball's still just a ball.
    But what will you say when Jeter's 4,000th hit is a GRAND SLAM??? Oh crap that ball's gonna be "worth" a million!!!11one

First 12