dannyd66
    dannyd66's Avatar Become A Pro!

This Story's Not Done...

Y'all Watch: there's so much public outcry for Jeter to do the "right" thing that I really suspect that this story has truly yet to conclude.

Watch & Listen over the next 48-72 hours.

Let's see what happens...

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Derek Criminal and the 51 million dollars he stole from the Yankees for the next 3 years, as well as the 200 mil he already stole, should stand up and hook this guy up. The guy did something stupid, but he should still be rewarded. He just did a huge kindness to one of the richest athletes.

sonnybaby
    sonnybaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 942

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

he wont have to pay a dime. theyll find a loophole in the tax code

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Typical US bullshit trying to get money on something that they had no part in at all.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

whole story pisses me off. tired of that butterball, wish it had been hot girl who gave it away, we all know she would have come out ahead somehow

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

He should have at least got Jessica Biel's panties from Jeter. You know that fukk kept at least a few pairs.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

what the guy did was noble, so i wont kill him for it. i hope he gets help from the yanks for the taxes.

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Dude is an idiot, why be so generous to an empire who cares little about development and loves to spend the millions that they rake in every year?

And noble to who? You can say the guy is a fan, but he made a very stupid decision. Yanks could have done so much more for what that ball is worth. What the yanks did in return...doesn't match in terms of what is noble.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    Dude is an idiot, why be so generous to an empire who cares little about development and loves to spend the millions that they rake in every year? And noble to who? You can say the guy is a fan, but he made a very stupid decision. Yanks could have done so much more for what that ball is worth. What the yanks did in return...doesn't match in terms of what is noble.
    He could've also purchased the Legends suite tickets on his own dime with the profits from the sale (post-tax) of the ball.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

In this age of multi million dollar things why would you not sell the ball and get your piece.... The middle class gets screwed... the rich are just rich and keep compiling... the poor get entitlements out the ying yang... 3 YEARS of unemployment payments... really?

poloyol
    poloyol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

They will be given to him as gifts!!!!!!End of discussion!!!No one will pay taxes

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Was never a fan of jeter

watch your back jeter

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

You've got to believe this is all being taken care of below the table....as he probably signed a confidentiality agreement on the details. The 40 games (+ playoffs) that he owns suite seats for go for around $2500 a pair....so if you do the math he's been given around $200k worth of seats...now whether he can sell them to a broker for half that...he's still getting around $100k if he chooses. Trust me, this dude didn't/won't walk away with nothing...he's getting plenty not to mention what went on in that "private" room with Yankee officials before meeting Jeter etc.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

just heard today about the taxes and that this dipshit is on the hook for like 100k in student loans. I hope all the "atta boys" he getting from the self-righteous and noble both around here and on tv keep him worm at night when he is living in a van down by the river, because i know Jeter/yanks or any of you self-righteous pricks wont give a shit about him then.

BigDan

My favorite part is when these former players still sucking the MLB tit on national tv give props to this kid for doing about the dumbest thing he could have done. If you cant see the hypocrisy in these former players still making bank off the game congratulating this kid you got issues.

Even better he threw away the lotto ticket and Jeter cant even inconvenience himself to get on a jet and acknowledge the fans who voted his undeserving ass onto the all-star team. If that doesnt tell you what Jeter thinks about that kid i dont know what does.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

What is this magical gifts thing I am reading about? From now on when I get paid I want a gift. When I pay for something, I will give a gift.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

It is not like throwing away a lottery ticket.

You purposefully buy a lottery ticket for the payout. If you win you knew it was coming and already have a good idea of what to do.

He did not purposefully buy a ticket to the game expecting to have that ball hit to him. It is unfair to expect a middle class dumb fukk to know what to do in the heat of the moment. I am sure plenty of us have made stupid decisions when we did not have time to sit down and post about it on a message board.

Guy is a fukking moron but enough with the comparisons to throwing away a lottery ticket, you fukks.

BigDan

if you buy a lotto ticket expecting to win you got issues.

greeny
    greeny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8418

haha, ya that mutt fuked up

Shack
    Shack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The law is the law. The man needs to pay his taxes.

poloyol

"Magical Gifts" bbskoots stop posting something u know absolutely nothing about,next time pause and think before posting.

bb_skoots

explain the gift thing.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

i would sell everything that i got as gifts make more profits...

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

The gift tax is a tax on the transfer of property by one individual to another while receiving nothing, or less than full value, in return. The tax applies whether the donor intends the transfer to be a gift or not.
    The gift tax applies to the transfer by gift of any property. You make a gift if you give property (including money), or the use of or income from property, without expecting to receive something of at least equal value in return. If you sell something at less than its full value or if you make an interest-free or reduced-interest loan, you may be making a gift.

that's if it is a gift. if it is not a gift then it would be income which has to pay tax on too. the yankees cant pay his taxes. that would be considered income as well.

bb_skoots

^^^^ thanks antifoil. Not sure what this all means but sounds like you know. So it sounds like there will be a tax if he accepts a gift.
    Poor dumb kid really fukkd up.

poloyol

wow!!!beautifully explained!!!!There r legally so many ways around not paying any taxes,u just need to pay a good accountant.

antifoil
    Update your status

income is any economic benefit received. essentially something that puts you in a better financial position that previously. so if you are walking down the street and find a 100 dollar bill or a rolex watch that would be income and suppose to be reported as such to the irs. gifts and inheritances are excluded from income, but are subject to their own special kind of tax if the gift/inheritance exceed the limits.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

right move or not, you never get rewarded for doing the right thing, thats why u gotta look out for yourself and and take full advantage

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

the tickets, hot dogs, beer, gas, wear and tear on the vehicle, his time, etc., should be considered a write off.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Jeter better send him a check to pay off these taxes but nahhh, that pos won't.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    The gift tax is a tax on the transfer of property by one individual to another while receiving nothing, or less than full value, in return. The tax applies whether the donor intends the transfer to be a gift or not.
    The gift tax applies to the transfer by gift of any property. You make a gift if you give property (including money), or the use of or income from property, without expecting to receive something of at least equal value in return. If you sell something at less than its full value or if you make an interest-free or reduced-interest loan, you may be making a gift.

that's if it is a gift. if it is not a gift then it would be income which has to pay tax on too. the yankees cant pay his taxes. that would be considered income as well.
    the yankees received a ball valued at `250k. the guy received merchandise valued at a hell of a lot less than that. the yankees should be paying a gift tax, but i doubt that will happen.

antifoil
    Update your status

that is incorrect. he gave the ball as a gift and as he has said many times. did not expect anything of value in return making it a gift. then the yankees gave him a gift in return. so he has to pay tax on the income of the ball, then on the gift he received of tickets. he did not sell the ball for tickets. however, you are correct who he gave the ball to will need to pay tax on the ball as a gift.

818z_finest
    818z_finest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4846

should talk to an armenian... we know how to beat the system...

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

this is hilarious....little did he know giving the ball away would put him in further debt

First 123 Last