815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Good for him. I usually hate Yankees fans (and i hate Jeter) but that was a good move.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    So if you found a lottery ticket on the ground you wouldn't cash it in??
    exactly

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you see how much stuff this guy ended up getting? He probably got 100K worth of stuff at least.

edit: tickets he got only worth 60K

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Barry Bonds Homerun #756 Ball Sold at $752,467 so yes you could be right. Maybe a cool Million or half million at least
    He must be mentally challenged or is it possible he's a "spread the wealth" type of guy?
    2 things.

1) Bonds ball is much more valuable, that ball broke the home run record, what Jeter did today was accomplished 27 other times.
    Which ball would you say is more valuable?

2) The people who had 3/4 million dollars to spend on Bonds ball, probably don't have 3/4 million today for baseballs.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    2 things.

1) Bonds ball is much more valuable, that ball broke the home run record, what Jeter did today was accomplished 27 other times.

2) The people who had 3/4 million dollars to spend on Bonds ball, probably don't have 3/4 million today for baseballs.
    fair enough. I was caught up a little in the whole thing .... but regardless, its worth something pretty nice. 250K perhaps? maybe more. It's a huge house with a swimming pool in Costa Rica that a Verizon salesman just simply gave away. Here ya go .. take it. Call me crazy

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Someone from ESPN was saying yesterday that the ball was expected to bring about 400K at auction if it came to that.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Gave it back.

The yankees insisted on giving him 4 Legends suites tickets for the rest of the year.

And signed bats and balls

Fukk that. i would of sold to the highest bidder

I have met jeter in the yankees team hotel on the road. guy is a prikk. he woulda had to pay up

+1 TOTALLY AGREE WITH YA DUDE......IF ITS SUPPOSEDLY WORTH 250K I WANT 250K OR **** OFF.....COULD BE ANYBODY'S HOMER, EVEN THE NICEST GUY IN THE WORLD, BUT I WANT MY MONEY

AS I SAID BEFORE, TYPICAL FAT, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS **** FROM NYC BEING A RETARD...

what is someone gonna do with 50 different bat and balls autographed, even if sell em worth at most like 10g.....and going to the suites, big whoop.......when a guy wants a # they make offers 10000000x better than that one...150k minimum

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    im curious. why would you feel guilty. you think jeter gives a fukk about you. he wouldnt piss on ya if you were on the side of the road on fire.
    i know, the comments in this thread are TOTAL BULLSHIT AND FUCKIN AWFUL....everyone on this site knows that if they caught that ball and had the opportunity to sell it for atleast 175k, they'd take that in a second and if you keep insisting that you wouldn't then you are probably the stupidest person out there

CASE AND POINT GENTLEMEN!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lou

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    fair enough. I was caught up a little in the whole thing .... but regardless, its worth something pretty nice. 250K perhaps? maybe more. It's a huge house with a swimming pool in Costa Rica that a Verizon salesman just simply gave away. Here ya go .. take it. Call me crazy
    Yes.
    He could have gotten 200K in goodies.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

thanks lou, finally someone with a brain here besides the bronker who i agree with

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Did you see how much stuff this guy ended up getting? He probably got 100K worth of stuff at least.

edit: tickets he got only worth 60K
    who gives a fuk about tickets? jesus christ, give me 200K and I'll watch the damn games on TV.

this guy was lucky as hell to catch that ball and he squandered it. I'd rather someone smart have caught it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jeter would not of gave the guy a dime

He is very cheap

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

kid will get an lawyer monday morning and claim he didnt realize the value etc etc

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Kid will regret his stupidity for YEARS

as for jeter being a fuk, who cares? Guy lives the dream life. Yankee fan or not jeter is the man

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Gonna regret that later on. Damn ball was worth some nice coin.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

anyone remember the groundskeeper who returned mcgwire's record breaking 62nd hr ball?

he received a minivan in return.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

LOL... I would have had it at an auction house or on ebay within 24 hours...

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some of you fuks really want us to believe how self riotous you are dont you?

Give it a rest with this "good for him" or "his mother raised him right" shit, his mother probably embarrassed as hell right now. You acting like taking the money would have been wrong How so?

Hell i would have sold the ball, sued Jeter for breaking my finger with the ball, and sued stadium for the trauma i had to go thru getting the ball to a safe place. If i won the lawsuits i would take the ball and light it on fire Hell they can put any ball in a case and tell the idiots that really wanna see some ball whatever they want about it. i seriously doubt Jeter gives a flying fukk about some ball, he seems to have a more interesting life than that of a sports memorabilia collector.

Before you get all crazy on me, i wouldnt sue simply because i hate lawyers, judges, courts, just pointing out the American way.

Kid has gotta be fukkin retarded. So while maybe his mother raised him right it was to late cause she was obviously smoking crack while she was pregnant.
    Last edited by BigDan; 07-09-11 at 11:08 PM.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

There isn't many fans like this anymore. I respect this guy for this. The team will treat him well. Season tickets are worth it itself guys.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

That fan is a complete idiot, he will regret this move.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    There isn't many fans like this anymore. I respect this guy for this. The team will treat him well. Season tickets are worth it itself guys.

you know what they say, there a sucker born every minute.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Fuk that.

I would see dollar signs if I caught that ball. Nothing personal, just business man.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

What would 4 tickets to each game the rest of the season go for on stubhub?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

2 things.

Bond's 756 ball would have gone for more if he was not hated on, and was thought (and correct) to be taking roids.
    If Bond's was a yankee and no controversy over it, that ball have gone for double (1.5 mil).

So I think this ball would have gone for easily over 500k, and close to 1 mil.

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLove View Post
    What a dumb fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Could of got 50k easy

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Guy would regret giving it away at in a couple years.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    Someone making 40k a year given anything of value to someone making 20 Million a year is absurd... Guy should told management he would give them a call to let Jeter know when he was going to put it up for auction...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    That fan is a complete idiot, he will regret this move.
    People like that get caught up in the moment. I think he said he wanted Jeter to have it because he worked so hard for it. lol No concept of money.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so lucky

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Someone making 40k a year given anything of value to someone making 20 Million a year is absurd... Guy should told management he would give them a call to let Jeter know when he was going to put it up for auction...

Hell i might even have been nice enough to give him 1st crack before auction (screw paying the auction house a big percent). Anything more generous than that is just ignorant.

god im just seeing this moron on Yes what a fukkin douche. "its his ball not mine", possession 9/10 of the law assclown.

Just saw these Baseball Tonight jerkoffs as well, who the fuk are these former players still sucking the mlb tit to be talking about that is the way a fan should be, go fukk yourselves you overpaid clowns. Jesus this is starting to make me sick to my stomach. Even if i was set for life i would auction that bitch and give it to charity before id give it to some over-privileged asshole for free.
    Last edited by BigDan; 07-10-11 at 12:37 AM.

sunzal
    sunzal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4648

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    Jeter is a dick head. 6 or 7 years ago he was on a rehab stint at Trenton Thunder and my buddy had season tickets at the time so we got to the ball park early and waited by the dugout to get autographs. He was the only one in the dugout at the time and didn't even acknowledge us and walked back into the clubhouse. Point being I was like 14 or 15 at the time and the homo still wouldn't do it.
    I'm pretty sure Jeter isnt gay you hateful homophobe....but if he was I bet he would have given you his autograph....them gays always seem to be nicer

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I'm pretty sure he just didn't realize exactly what the ball was worth. Maybe they told him he had to give the ball and he didn't know any better.
    How much you think it might be worth Lou?

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

yanks should come clean and give the guy several 100k's. insist upon it. meet the guy in the middle.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

What an ass Whats he going to do once he realizes the coin he could've made

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

he could have said i want a house in ny or say 4 or 500k. and got it. fools will pay it , to me its worth $1.99

First 123456 Last