leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Playing under 7.0, good luck to you anyways...

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

that sucks i guess they are going to rain on yalls parade i like the over atl has been scoring runs and philly well at home they usually produce 3 or more

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Atlanta can't hit good pitching. I see s 4-1 or 5-0 once Phiily gets the bats going. Doc is a bargain at -160. Atlanta got the bats going against Baltimore and Colorado but that ain't saying much.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

will be tough for the philly bats to get going as well with no victorino or polanco... will be too many holes to where they can pitch around howard, rollins, ect...

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

start time around 8 ..... i hope

dlew2k
    Update your status
    dlew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

still a drizzle to light rain ..

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

too bad u dont have my local he has 6 but i like the under and had to play it off shore last night

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    Atlanta can't hit good pitching. I see s 4-1 or 5-0 once Phiily gets the bats going. Doc is a bargain at -160. Atlanta got the bats going against Baltimore and Colorado but that ain't saying much.
    Exactly right, sir. They faced a whole bunch of garbage heaps on the mound recently. Add to that the fact that Philly is fresh from a day off and this has a lot more value than meets the eye with Doc chuckin'.

MrShrink

And the storms west of the city are supposed to clear up soon. Only thing is, the hourly forecast is calling for more in the 9 o'clock hour (this was forecasted earlier today). Will help the over's chances a lot if Doc takes a big rest in the middle of the fifth, whether he comes back or not. Although, I think that a long delay will generally benefit the fresher Phils more as they haven't played a game and taken a flight in the past 24.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Damn Rain!

BRAVES1985

the braves are 8-0 against cy young award winners

already beat halladay lee x2 and hamels

but ya they cant beat good pitching

MrShrink

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    the braves are 8-0 against cy young award winners already beat halladay lee x2 and hamels but ya they cant beat good pitching
    Only one of those guys is pitching tonight. Halladay is 3-2 against them lifetime (one loss was w/ TOR) and has given up 7 er's (3, 3, 1, 0, 0 with 2 complete games) over 40 innings to ATL. What on earth are you talking about?

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by MrShrink View Post
    Only one of those guys is pitching tonight. Halladay is 3-2 against them lifetime (one loss was w/ TOR) and has given up 7 er's (3, 3, 1, 0, 0 with 2 complete games) over 40 innings to ATL. What on earth are you talking about?
    you guys are saying braves cant beat good pitching and i said braves are 8-0 against cy young award winners this year so they are doin something right

braves beat halladay may 15th this year 3-2

dlunc3

Trying to view the series as an unbiased fan (which I am obviously not).... with the current lineups and bull pen situations for each team... if atl had their big three going to match the phills, jurrjens tonight, hanson tomorrow, and hudson sunday, I would probably have to lean braves. If in any of the three games, roy cliff or cole cant go 7 full innings, they cannot win the game with any pitcher they have in their pen that they would put in prior to the 8th inning. As seen two nights ago, we all knew that a three run lead was not enough when kendrick was forced out of the game early. On the other end of things, if jurrjens, hanson and hudson were going, I do not think that philly could score more then two or three runs without there best two contact hitters in polanco and victorino in any of the three games.

This philly team is extremely good, probably the best in the majors.. but are also getting up there in age. We all knew coming into the season that the biggest worry was injuries. It started early with Utley, lidge and brown, Utley being 32 and lidge 34... then soon to follow was blanton (30) and oswalt (33). To make things worse, the next two top closers went down in 39 yr old contrares and 30 year old Madson. We are now looking at all stars 30 yr old victorino on his second stint on the DL and 35 year old polanco most likely to hit the DL.

The common denominator? All but Brown are on the wrong side of 30.

As a phills fan, I can only hope that these injuries heal up and stay in the rear view mirror (as utleys has appeared to up until now). If so, no team should be able to touch these Phills with those 4 pitchers in October to go along with a suddenly deep bull pen and a group of veteran hitters. If not though, the Braves are very close behind and breathing down their neck. It wont take much, especially the way they are playing right now, for the Braves to pass them by. Every team has injuries, that is completely understood.. but when you knock out a teams top three relievers along with their two all star hitters and 2 starters in the rotation, not many teams can withstand that. That is the risk Philly took bringing this team together, and right now, that risk may be costing them... still have the best record in baseball and treading water.. but who knows how long this can last?

Basically all this to say... braves are a very close second with both teams completely healthy. Right now, the Braves are better and with their top three going against the phills at this moment, Id have to lean in the braves direction. Luckily (not to say beachy and lowe arent good--they are, just not at jurrjens and hudsons level IMO), the phills are at home and are not seeing the braves top three, so they should be able to take 2 of 3 this weekend... either way, it should be a fun series, even if it is only July

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Trying to view the series as an unbiased fan (which I am obviously not).... with the current lineups and bull pen situations for each team... if atl had their big three going to match the phills, jurrjens tonight, hanson tomorrow, and hudson sunday, I would probably have to lean braves. If in any of the three games, roy cliff or cole cant go 7 full innings, they cannot win the game with any pitcher they have in their pen that they would put in prior to the 8th inning. As seen two nights ago, we all knew that a three run lead was not enough when kendrick was forced out of the game early. On the other end of things, if jurrjens, hanson and hudson were going, I do not think that philly could score more then two or three runs without there best two contact hitters in polanco and victorino in any of the three games. This philly team is extremely good, probably the best in the majors.. but are also getting up there in age. We all knew coming into the season that the biggest worry was injuries. It started early with Utley, lidge and brown, Utley being 32 and lidge 34... then soon to follow was blanton (30) and oswalt (33). To make things worse, the next two top closers went down in 39 yr old contrares and 30 year old Madson. We are now looking at all stars 30 yr old victorino on his second stint on the DL and 35 year old polanco most likely to hit the DL. The common denominator? All but Brown are on the wrong side of 30. As a phills fan, I can only hope that these injuries heal up and stay in the rear view mirror (as utleys has appeared to up until now). If so, no team should be able to touch these Phills with those 4 pitchers in October to go along with a suddenly deep bull pen and a group of veteran hitters. If not though, the Braves are very close behind and breathing down their neck. It wont take much, especially the way they are playing right now, for the Braves to pass them by. Every team has injuries, that is completely understood.. but when you knock out a teams top three relievers along with their two all star hitters and 2 starters in the rotation, not many teams can withstand that. That is the risk Philly took bringing this team together, and right now, that risk may be costing them... still have the best record in baseball and treading water.. but who knows how long this can last? Basically all this to say... braves are a very close second with both teams completely healthy. Right now, the Braves are better and with their top three going against the phills at this moment, Id have to lean in the braves direction. Luckily (not to say beachy and lowe arent good--they are, just not at jurrjens and hudsons level IMO), the phills are at home and are not seeing the braves top three, so they should be able to take 2 of 3 this weekend... either way, it should be a fun series, even if it is only July
    tarp is off the field ..... fuk nm putting tarp back on wtf

good post tho man phils definatley have the edge this weekend with the big 3 and being at home

should be fun

dlunc3

tarp is off the field ..... fuk nm putting tarp back on wtf

good post tho man phils definatley have the edge this weekend with the big 3 and being at home

should be fun

yea... I hate seeing halladay already warmed up and now the tarp back on

BRAVES1985

he looked pissed

BRAVES1985

i have a feeling they will start the game then have a long delay then both starters will be out of the game

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Where can you check for start time updates?

No websites have it.

BRAVES1985

Play ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

dlunc3

i have a feeling they will start the game then have a long delay then both starters will be out of the game
    yea if that happens braves may win by double digits...

if the rain holds off, do you think tonight decides the NL All Star starter? I think if Roy goes 7 with 3 earned or less, hes got it... any worse, its jurrjens spot..what do you think?

BRAVES1985

as of right now i would say 80 % chance doc will start but who knows what bochy is thinking he might start timmy

but if he has a rough start tonight jair may start the ASG

BRAVES1985

wow

era braves 3.02 phils 3.05

runs per game braves 4.0 phils 4.2

team avg braves .240 phils .247

record since june 6th braves 21-8 phils 20-9

it couldn't get any closer than that

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

So wat happens to the total if it rains out? Canceled? Or final? (After 5 inings)

BRAVES1985

no bet if called after 5

dlunc3

ball doesnt wanna carry tonight.. you over bettors might be in bad shape.. in this park, the way mayberry hit that ball normally woulda put 2 on the board for ya.. dont count on the long ball tonight

dlunc3

not really sure why we keep pitching to mclouth with two outs man on third and beachy on deck who doesnt have a hit all yr... its worked out so far, I dont get it though

leafs_ducks

no bet if called after 5
    Meaning it has to go 9 inings? I was told its called after 5 if it rained out.

BRAVES1985

ruiz fukin kills braves especieally kills fastballs

dlunc3

yea not sure why he saw that pitch

dlunc3

shoulda had a few guys on base though

dlunc3

this is where it sucks being in the nl

dlunc3

should have let halladay swing away... hate giving a free out like that with a man on third

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    Meaning it has to go 9 inings? I was told its called after 5 if it rained out.
    for a total bet it has to go 9 innings or it is voided same with runline bets

strait bets only have to go 5

leafs_ducks

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    this is where it sucks being in the nl
    If I was a pitcher. I would love to play in the NL. I like my abs.

First 1234 Last