Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    agreed....mets suck....

they have quite a bit of talent.....but johan is probably ****** up...beltran is on his way out....bay sucks....wright isnt a true star.....and they dont have the pitching to compete with the phils and braves.....but maybe they can rally together, like the brewers in mr 3000, and get that third place finish....

johan 2 time cy young winner, granted hes commin off a injury but he wont be a scrub when he does come back lol be real. beltrans on his way out? im sorry didnt know being on pace for 95 runs, 105 rbis, 25 hrs, 5 sbs, and hittin 285 ment you were on your way out. bay while i hate his contract looks like hes coming around for the first time since his concussion, id be willing to bet he starts to regain some of his old form, now im not saying hes gonna hit 30 hrs but he can be productive. wright isnt a true star? so since his first big league season hes hit over 300 5 out of 6 years, hit over 25 hrs 5 out of 6 years, over 100 rbis 5 out of 6 years, stole 15 sbs or more 6 out of 6 years with a few high 20's and a 34 sb year thrown in...wtf do u want from the guy lol

Giant Rebels
    Giant Rebels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

The mets are a joke. Need a manager first.

Galante118

over 500 without their two best hitters (3 recently without jose) and their ace but their a joke...how do u think the yanks record would look without arod tex and cc lol

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Galante118 View Post
    johan 2 time cy young winner, granted hes commin off a injury but he wont be a scrub when he does come back lol be real. beltrans on his way out? im sorry didnt know being on pace for 95 runs, 105 rbis, 25 hrs, 5 sbs, and hittin 285 ment you were on your way out. bay while i hate his contract looks like hes coming around for the first time since his concussion, id be willing to bet he starts to regain some of his old form, now im not saying hes gonna hit 30 hrs but he can be productive. wright isnt a true star? so since his first big league season hes hit over 300 5 out of 6 years, hit over 25 hrs 5 out of 6 years, over 100 rbis 5 out of 6 years, stole 15 sbs or more 6 out of 6 years with a few high 20's and a 34 sb year thrown in...wtf do u want from the guy lol
    beltran on his way out=meaning hell be dealt or wont be back next year....so glad my sox didnt resign bay.....and johan....im sure he wont be a scrub...but he may never be johan again...and even if he is...the rest of the rotation is nothing special....they cant catch philly or atl....and next year theyll be even weaker

bobby heenan
    Update your status

over 500 without their two best hitters (3 recently without jose) and their ace but their a joke...how do u think the yanks record would look without arod tex and cc lol
    lol@this guy proud of being over .500....i mean, for the mets, it is an accomplishment....this team is a perennial group of underachievers....and a disappointment....they went and dumped a ton of money on bay when that money would have been obviously much better spent on finding a starting pitcher....its only going to get worse for them.....imagine what the yanks will offer reyes(besides the ability to play alongside professionals)....and if my sox got in the mix too .....sinking ship the mets are....tear it down and start over

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

jrich I think he quoted so you'd know he was talking to you

guess he could've quoted all your posts but that takes time

Galante118

niese is a pretty damn good pitcher, dillon gee is 8-2 with a 3.47 era his rookie season and he didnt even start on the major league roster. dickey isnt bad, and pelf well im not big on him...

Galante118

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    lol@this guy proud of being over .500....i mean, for the mets, it is an accomplishment....this team is a perennial group of underachievers....and a disappointment....they went and dumped a ton of money on bay when that money would have been obviously much better spent on finding a starting pitcher....its only going to get worse for them.....imagine what the yanks will offer reyes(besides the ability to play alongside professionals)....and if my sox got in the mix too .....sinking ship the mets are....tear it down and start over

lol the yankees wont offer reyes anything, they have nova who they believe is their future. the red sox just signed adrian and crawford to huge contracts their not going after reyes. and your a sox fan how long between world series was it for you? stop lol top 3 ss in the league, top 3 3b, and solid young talent all around. ike davis, pagan, niese, there is some talent on this team

bobby heenan
    Update your status

niese is a pretty damn good pitcher, dillon gee is 8-2 with a 3.47 era his rookie season and he didnt even start on the major league roster. dickey isnt bad, and pelf well im not big on him...
    oh ya..my bad...i forgot about niese, dickey, gee, and pelfrey......i mean thats like...shit...forget about halladay and lee.....and hanson, jurrjens, lowe and the gang....thats it right there.....

dickey was unhhittable last year.....not so much right now....gee isnt anything special....hes doing well right now...but i dont see him being anything better than a national league 3-4.....the rotation is nothing special and thats why this team wont be anything special......but hey...keep talking them up and keep the faith man...thats what its all about

bobby heenan
    Update your status

lol the yankees wont offer reyes anything, they have nova who they believe is their future. the red sox just signed adrian and crawford to huge contracts their not going after reyes. and your a sox fan how long between world series was it for you? stop lol top 3 ss in the league, top 3 3b, and solid young talent all around. ike davis, pagan, niese, there is some talent on this team
    the yankees wont offer reyes anything??? nova? hes a pitcher.....do u mean nunez? sorry...i dont think the empire would pass on a chance at replacing jeter with reyes because of eduardo nunez

im a sox fan....it was like 86 years between world series titles i think ....but since im 31 i didnt suffer for all 86 years.....but well....that ended with a bang....and we got two real quick....and in case you havent noticed weve been throwing quite a few championship parades up our way in new england

yep we signed carl and adrian....we also have dice k, jd drew, and papis contracts coming off the books....dice k and drew will not be back....ortiz will have to get a short deal again........but an offer to reyes isnt out of the question.....scutaro is nothing special and jose iglesias probably will never hit......a chance to put reyes in that lineup is something that has to be looked at
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 07-07-11 at 11:59 AM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

mets are gonna keep reyes. fan$ love him. mets have new talent with turner and murphy and tejada can play second base well, he needs to hit a little more. sox have a lot of old fukkers on their team and busted up pitchers, better watch that the rays and yankees don't leave you out of it this year.

Galante118

yes i ment nunez and im almost positive they already said they wont go after reyes. jeter told nunez its almost his time a few days ago lol it was on espn. im not saying their gonna make the playoffs either, id say 75% they dont. but to say they suck their out of it etc is crazy. let me know how the red soz would be doing if lester was out all season, and adrian and youk were out the majority of the year.prolly look like the first 10 games did

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    mets are gonna keep reyes. fan$ love him. mets have new talent with turner and murphy and tejada can play second base well, he needs to hit a little more. sox have a lot of old fukkers on their team and busted up pitchers, better watch that the rays and yankees don't leave you out of it this year.
    busted up pitchers? lol.....your mets team would kill to have 3 guys like beckett, lester, and bucholz....

beckett has been dominate....lester n bucholz have back strains...nothing serious...just need some time to rest....the timing with lester sucks because he was starting to hit a groove....when you look at this record youd think hed been pitching well.....and the truth is he wasnt really....his last two starts he was starting to turn the corner and was looking flat out dominate...

lolol@busted up ptichers.....

Galante118

yea dice k and lackey are stellar pitchers...

bobby heenan
    Update your status

yes i ment nunez and im almost positive they already said they wont go after reyes. jeter told nunez its almost his time a few days ago lol it was on espn. im not saying their gonna make the playoffs either, id say 75% they dont. but to say they suck their out of it etc is crazy. let me know how the red soz would be doing if lester was out all season, and adrian and youk were out the majority of the year.prolly look like the first 10 games did
    i would believe absolutely nothing the yankees say, regarding reyes and their ss position, right now....i mean....doesnt mean they are going to after him...but what do u expect...cashman to come out right now and say "yeah we would love to add reyes to our team"....that isnt going to happen....

and please dont ever compare ike davis to adrian...lol

bobby heenan
    Update your status

yea dice k and lackey are stellar pitchers...
    51 wins right now says "who cares"

Galante118

they play the same role on each team, drive in runs. ike is one of the best on our team at it just like adrian, of course adrian is better but the point being take out your two bets hitters and your ace and let me know how u guys do

bobby heenan
    Update your status

they play the same role on each team, drive in runs. ike is one of the best on our team at it just like adrian, of course adrian is better but the point being take out your two bets hitters and your ace and let me know how u guys do
    ahhh the old injury game...let me know how u do if you take out so and so....you mets fans have been playing this game quite a bit the last few years

anyways...you guys keep talking up the mets and calling the red sox pitchers "busted up"...recent history suggests you should keep doing this and have alot to brag about

Galante118

lol the truth is the truth if u lose your two bets hitters and your ace in that division i doubt you guys would be over 500...and i didnt say your pitchers were busted up but the mets pitchers are better then u give credit. i think the sox have a top ten rotation with lester beckett bucholz that kid miller isnt bad etc

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Rebels View Post
    The mets are a joke. Need a manager first.
    You just hired a new manager to start the year.
    He's doing a stellar job this year too by the way if you haven't noticed. Mets were supposed to stink based on a healthy line-up and theyve overachieved despite numerous injuries to key contributors.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

the truth is that the mets have almost the same record as the detroit tigers. 45-42 and tigers is 46-42

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

best thing that can happen to mets is if wright never comes back
    second best thing is if the first baseman comes back asap
    would be good to get santana back also

braves and phils too hot to catch tho

Alexthecolombian
    Alexthecolombian's Avatar Become A Pro!

mets are definitely underrated but it sucks that there probably in the hardest division in baseball

Alexthecolombian
    Alexthecolombian's Avatar Become A Pro!

mets are just 2 pitchers away from being elite and it sucks that there in the hardest division in baseball

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Take Mets every game rest if year and you will make money.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Take Mets every game rest if year and you will make money.
    I couldnt disagree more.
    I would be surprised to see the Mets get over 80 wins this year. I expect a big slide from them in the 2nd half and especially if Reyes is out for an extended period.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Granted, the Mets are not a good team on paper. No.1 starter out and injuries to several hitters. But they come to play every night. Collins doing a great job with this team.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Mets are in a division where the top two teams have smart Front offices. Mets don't and until they obtain new ownership, never will.

Consistent success starts in the front office, and Mets are full of fail in that regard.

First 12