hezawizard
    hezawizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

1st thread here, need some help on my tips today

Ok, I'm new here, I have been watching this forum for some times and just want to say you are doing a great job, most of you... keep it up

anyway, I've been through few threads today and made some picks based on picks of some of the members here, I'm not a capper or anything, I dont even watch baseball but it seems like a solid sport to bet on, atleast for me, since I had some succes by tailing some members here on sbr

so here are my picks today
    yankees -1.5
    cardinals : reds - Over 8.5
    white sox : KC royals - CWS ML

and I maybe mexico city reds vs laguna cowboys... I dont know if anyone has any info on this game, since I really dont know anything bout this league

so feel free to comment my picks, any help would be great, thnx

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Where did you get 8.5 or the Reds total?! You should get another book, most books have it at 8! GL!

DIRTYDIRTY
    DIRTYDIRTY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yankees yah get that money kid gl

hezawizard

ty, and this is not online book, its local book in Croatia, so I have it 8.5 total runs
    but I dont like this O/U bets, dont know why, some ppl here say it should go over, but I dont know, will think about this play a little
    yankees are my 1st pick today, and CWS , not sure bout them either, I needed third pick so I chose them, anyone has better plays for today????

dantanner
    dantanner's Avatar Become A Pro!

In baseball, the money is in the dogs. Not all dogs are good to bet, but if you focus on betting just a few of the best opportunities with good money lines you will likely end up ahead. Bet when the books are having to pay out a lot more than you would think for a team in a given situation.

Another thing is you might want to avoid interleague games because the small rule change (DH) can do funny things to the motivation of the players and teams.

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I like small dogs or RL on huge favs to get back some of that juice. It doesn't always pan out, but I hate laying more than -150 on a huge fav only to see them win by 5-6 points. As for today I actually like CLE at home with Carrasco pitching. He should be able to hold them to 2-3 runs giving CLE a chance to win.

hezawizard

ty for the advice... and after some thinking I think I know the plays for today

yankees RL
    pirates - astros no run 1st inning

and thats it, if it hits than great if not, more luck next time

the-phenomenal-1
    the-phenomenal-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

take under

take under on detroit game with verlander pitching angels got haren pitching great pitching duel

hezawizard

actually was thinking bout no run in 1st inn in that game, instead of pirates astros game
    lol how this thread is going it seems like I wont play anything today, I'm not even sure bout yank anymore...
    well got about hour more to think bout plays than I'm going to book...

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

No runs Mariners 1st inning

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I like the No Run and Under in the SD/SF game. SD and SF are one of the 2 worse hitting teams against righties in the league and they have 2 aces on the mound. Not sure who is going to win, but it seems like a 1-0 game to me.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

DET/LAA U is a very solid play. Neither team is a huge hitting force, they just play well on given spots. Two solid pitchers, the park they are playing in etc make this a pretty decent play. The Yankees are always unpredictable at best I always avoid games when they win against a lessor team on the first outing. CC S. Is a great pitcher but that doesn't score runs.

I'm liking ATL with 2 key players out for the Rockies. That game also should be a low scoring game. If your looking for low juice Tampa with Shields on the mound might just be the best play. The Rays always play better on the road than at home.

hezawizard

LAA vs Tigers ---- no run 1st inning
    Giants vs Padres ---- no run 1st inning
    Marlins vs Phillies ---- Phillies ML

Ok I'm betting on this, what you think
    Last edited by hezawizard; 07-05-11 at 09:46 PM.

hezawizard

no luck today, played the games above, parlay, padres blew it...
    I threw out yankees RL they trashed that other team, I threw out cars and reds over, I threw out pirates and astros no run 1st inning
    so far only good thing was throwing white sox out of my plays...
    really no luck in picking plays today, and it just hurts cuz it seems it was just one of those days where every game went how it was supposed to go and money was there to take... maybe I thought too much , looks like it, simple was the way to go today