Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 5/29

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Illusion

I don't care what the total is for tomorrows Reds/Cubs game. I will be hammering the over.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I might have to join you on that one. Although I am on the other side...one of the rare times I've bet the North-Siders.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

heres a new write up on the motown showdown (yankees/tigers)

What better way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend, with the Three B’s -- Barbecue, Beers and of course Bets!

I guess you could call the Four B’s if you toss in America’s pastime with baseball. Every year, you’ll get a surprise team early in the season and the shiniest diamond in the rough this season has been the kids from the Motor City. What? That’s right gamblers the Detroit Tigers have been blazing through the American League this year and starting to turn heads.

Far removed from the 2003 season, when the Tigers finished with a pitiful 43-119 record, setting the record as the worst team in the history of the American League. How soon we forget, as new skipper Jim Leyland has turned Detroit around in his first tenure.

The Tigers sit atop the AL Central and are on pace to eclipse the century mark in victories. It’s pretty amazing, considering oddsmakers predicted Detroit to finish in fourth place of their division. Also, they were listed as a 60/1 (Bet $100 to win $6,000) longshot to win The World Series in spring training, but have seen that number decrease to a 20/1 price. Winning breeds confidence, especially with future players!

Head bookmaker William Nevin from BetUSA.com is just as surprised with the Tigers’ success, “I can’t believe what the Tigers are doing now, but it shows that good results get better results. This team was once in the same group with Pittsburgh and Florida”.

“It's hard to see the Marlins or Pirates doing anything this season either but it’s early and baseball is all about confidence. We all know teams that have been .300 after 40 games and wound up with a .680 winning percentage. However, neither one of those clubs look like they have the talent or wherewithal to be in that category,” Nevin added.

Baseball for the most part is about pitching. If you got the arms, you’ll get the wins. Currently, Detroit owns a league-best 3.25 Earned Run Average, plus the bullpen has been brilliant with a league-high 22 saves.

This week marks their toughest test to date, the Evil Empire otherwise known as the N.Y. Yankees, visit Comerica Park for a big four-game set. Hopefully, Leyland can reverse the curse again, since the Tigers dropped five of the six meetings against the Yanks in 2005, with the lone triumph coming at home.

New York’s is considered one of the best in baseball, ranked first in runs (280) and on base percentage (.372), plus third in batting average (.286). Last season, the potent attack lit up the Tigers on the scoreboard for 31 runs over the six-game set.

Revenge would be sweet!

bigboydan

Brad Penny 8-4 lifetime vs atlanta
    John Thomson 0-4 lifetime vs LA

bigboydan

Roy Oswalt 6-4 lifetime vs ST.Louis

Jason Marquis 5-3 lifetime vs Houston

bigboydan

Kerry Wood is 12-4 lifetime vs Reds

bigboydan

Matt Morris 7-3 lifetime vs Florida

bigboydan

Jason Jennings 7-4 lifetime vs SD

bigboydan

Brad Radke 13-7 Career vs. LAA

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Kerry Wood is 12-4 lifetime vs Reds
    Wood is gonna get lit up. I am pounding the over.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone know what the Indians line closed? I saw there was a wiseguy play on them at -112.

Illusion

-108 at Pinnacle

bigboydan

i seen that at -115 at thegreek right around game time razz.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I think it was Willie Bee that said Valverde means "green pasture" or something like that. The Reds took a big dump on the green pasture yesterday. That dude makes my stomach turn.

E

I copied this message from 5/28 into this thread except it was the Mets yesterday. This dude is killin me. Viva Valverde.

E