miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Gary Radnich, a bay area sports analyst, even agrees that Lincecum, a guy who is 6-7, is unfairly going to the all-star game.

These are guys from the World Series, but we are talking about the 2011 season, warriorfan I understand your homerism but it doesn't make sense and I'm embarrassed as a bay area resident/Giants fan that Bochy has caused all this stir.

Guys like Hanson easily should have been CONSIDERED. Vogelsong barely made the inning count to be qualified.

Whoever said Axford is a laughable case

Pineda won't get in because Mariners suck, he gets no run support but is a young stud. Its like a Monte Ellis situation.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    Gary Radnich, a bay area sports analyst, even agrees that Lincecum, a guy who is 6-7, is unfairly going to the all-star game.

These are guys from the World Series, but we are talking about the 2011 season, warriorfan I understand your homerism but it doesn't make sense and I'm embarrassed as a bay area resident/Giants fan that Bochy has caused all this stir.

Guys like Hanson easily should have been CONSIDERED. Vogelsong barely made the inning count to be qualified.

Whoever said Axford is a laughable case

Pineda won't get in because Mariners suck, he gets no run support but is a young stud. Its like a Monte Ellis situation.
    Hanson and Vogelsong have almost the same number of innings

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    way to showcase to everyone that you know nothing about baseball wins and losses dont mean shit fool its all about era and whip A guy can throw 8 innings, not allow an earned run and lose because his team cant hit
    thats exactly how i think ... era and whip are huge stats when grading a pitcher not wins and losses im glad some people around here understand baseball

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

guys look at king felix stats last year WINS AND LOSSES DONT MEAN SHIT

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I guess the American League will win this year then. 4 Giants pitchers is a joke, the Giants aren't that good.
    They have the top 5 record in the MLB this year and are the current world series champs. You make yourself look stupid.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    They have the top 5 record in the MLB this year and are the current world series champs. You make yourself look stupid.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I have no problem with Lincecum, Cain and Wilson, but VOGELSONG?

Bochy wasn't kidding about being bias.

I mean yeah he is a nice story and all, but there are at least 10 other pitchers that didn't make it that are better than him. He doesn't even qualify for ERA title because he lacks the innings.
    Vogelsong is 6-1 with a 2.134 ERA he belongs far more than Lincecum this year !!!!

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

What a joke. At least Boche admitted he is biased towards his team. I'm kind of surprised other managers don't do this crap more often during the All-Star games. I guess most of them have some sort of respect for the game.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    If Vogelsong is All Star worthy this season with only 84 innings pitched, Antonio Bastardo should be an all star as well. Without comparing innings pitched, the guy is the best reliever in the NL this season. But the fact that he has only pitched 31 innings keeps him out... which should also keep Vogesong out.
    You have lost your freaking mind. Really.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    You have lost your freaking mind. Really.
    You must not watch baseball much?

robmpink
    Update your status

You must not watch baseball much?
    You are saying Bastardo is just as worthy as Vogelsong. He is a starter. Bastardo isn't. How can you even compare it?

I don't need to watch every Phillies game to see stats. Your gripe make no sense at all. Sorry but middle relief, which he was before the injuries to Jose and Ryan, are never really picked. But you watch baseball so you know this already.
    Last edited by robmpink; 07-05-11 at 05:08 PM.

dlunc3

You are saying Bastardo is just as worthy as Vogelsong. He is a starter. Bastardo isn't. How can you even compare it?

I don't need to watch every Phillies game to see stats. Your gripe make no sense at all.Sorry but middle relief, which he was before the injuries to Jose and Ryan, are never really picked. But you watch baseball so you know this already.
    Bastardo has shown up in every position he has asked to this year, rather then settling into a middle reliever, set up, or closer role...which is tough to do. With the phills pen completely beat up, he has definitely been an all star for them, as they would be lost without him.. and been forced to throw the likes off herdon and baez. Wherever the phills have needed him, he has shown up, and shown up brilliantly. In the middle relief role, set up role, or closers role, he has been maybe the best in the mlb this season. Like I said before though, his innings have been limited due to the fact that the phills starters go so deep into games....so I understand why that could be a reason to leave him off the all star team.

The guy has a better era and whip then every pitcher chosen to the all star team.

So for you to say that I have "lost my freaking mind" for saying that this guy is worthy? You are clueless and like I said, must not watch baseball much..

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony Bastard

robmpink
    Update your status

Bastardo has shown up in every position he has asked to this year, rather then settling into a middle reliever, set up, or closer role...which is tough to do. With the phills pen completely beat up, he has definitely been an all star for them, as they would be lost without him.. and been forced to throw the likes off herdon and baez. Wherever the phills have needed him, he has shown up, and shown up brilliantly. In the middle relief role, set up role, or closers role, he has been maybe the best in the mlb this season. Like I said before though, his innings have been limited due to the fact that the phills starters go so deep into games....so I understand why that could be a reason to leave him off the all star team.

The guy has a better era and whip then every pitcher chosen to the all star team.

So for you to say that I have "lost my freaking mind" for saying that this guy is worthy? You are clueless and like I said, must not watch baseball much..
    The only time I could see this ever happening is someone on a crap team who will represent the 1 player on the team.

Do some research, expert. When was the last time a MIDDLE RELIEVER made the all star team? Because he is a fill in scloser and has 4 some saves doesn't mean shit.

robmpink
    Update your status

If Vogelsong is All Star worthy this season with only 84 innings pitched, Antonio Bastardo should be an all star as well. Without comparing innings pitched, the guy is the best reliever in the NL this season. But the fact that he has only pitched 31 innings keeps him out... which should also keep Vogesong out.
    Really? I'm not saying Fat Bastardo isn't doing well but your explanation is like one of the Philly Phucks explaining this after they smoked some angel dust. It is just silly. How could you compare the 2?

dlunc3

since when do we base arguments on "because it hasnt happened in a while"?? so since the phills hadnt won a championship in 28 years, does that make their 2008 WS illegitimate? When was the last time a 33 year old pitcher took 5 years off and then made an all star team his first year back? what a terrible argument. Obviously his 4 saves barely play a factor in the fact that he has pitched great this year and has a good case to be an all star.

dlunc3

Really? I'm not saying Fat Bastardo isn't doing well but your explanation is like one of the Philly Phucks explaining this after they smoked some angel dust. It is just silly. How could you compare the 2?
    The comparison was that neither have pitched very many innings this season in comparison to the others that made the team in their positions, which is true.. why do you feel the need to get so defensive? sorry your little g-men arent going anywhere this year. Congrats on last years success though

robmpink
    Update your status

since when do we base arguments on "because it hasnt happened in a while"?? so since the phills hadnt won a championship in 28 years, does that make their 2008 WS illegitimate? When was the last time a 33 year old pitcher took 5 years off and then made an all star team his first year back? what a terrible argument. Obviously his 4 saves barely play a factor in the fact that he has pitched great this year and has a good case to be an all star.
    So you are saying he has put up the best middle relief stats in 20 years? He is having a good year but your comparison about Vogelsong shouldn't have made it sounds like the typical Philly trash homer I listen to 610 AM in my sleep white trash. Oh, but you watch baseball so you are right.

dlunc3

the comparison was not comparing the two... it was comparing the amount of innings pitched in comparison to others in their same positions

just saying that they had a similar argument... both pitched very well this year and had valid all star arguments, but that its tough to make the team when you have pitched so many less innings then then others that make the team.

robmpink
    Update your status

the comparison was not comparing the two... it was comparing the amount of innings pitched in comparison to others in their same positions
    Ok, I won't be disrespectful anymore but you can't compare the 2. People are making too much, LT Profits, about not having enough innings pitched to qualify for the best ERA. He was 0.2 innings short. Yes, 0.2. With the exception of maybe 7 or so innings pitched, he did the rest as a starter. A starter. How could you compare Bastardo's great accomplishments being shuffled around that pen and doing what he has been asked to do, to what Vogelsong has done as a starter? I can't make a comparison. I don't know if you knew he was only 0.2 inning short. Did you?

Also, as I stated earlier, I think he deserved it more vs Timmy and Matt. You could make a good case he did based on stats this year.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I don't think as a Phils fan that Bastardo is quite there to be on the squad but it's not like non closing relievers haven't made all star teams. Ever since Torre took Stanton there have been a few others to follow.

First 123