BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    what is elite about a 4 something era and a 4-4 record? jair jurjens has 11 wins and braves do not always give the best run support. cc and roy and freak are elite.

Morrow is way better than those numbers would lead you to believe. just look what he has done this month, Bos did shell him but since then he hasnt had a whip over 1 in any game. Even the Bos gm where he got shelled he had most hitters in the hole but didnt really waste any pitches (kept throwing 0-2 strikes), all indications are he learned from that and id expect him to look to correct that last outing against these guys.

He may not be elite like a superstar name yet but he has elite stuff no question.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

still not one fact for why you have placed the elite label on him

face

thanks dan. peace. dan has facts, lord and master likes to start stuff.

Lord and Master
    Lord and Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

still not one fact for why you have placed the elite label on him
    if you are using record as a criteria for grading pitchers then it's probably beyond your comprehension why he's elite

Lord and Master
    Lord and Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gave you facts, you chose to ignore them. His BABIP is through the roof and he has a low strand rate. Both of those almost universally regress to league averages which will translate to alot less earned runs in the future

BigDan

thats not really fair bro, he basically was telling you what i said except shorter and with numbers. either way you crack it tho he is right about Morrow i just thought i might be able to put it a better way for you.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Records and ERA are the two stats you see next to a pitchers name, but are not strongly correlated.

A 3.5ERA doesn't mean you will have a winnin record, and a 5ERA doesn't mean you will have a losing record.

Those are stats to ignore. Studio analyst use those stats b/c your avg fan understands them.

face

ok maybe he is ok we'll see. i have bet on some of the games he lost on.
    Last edited by face; 07-03-11 at 11:58 PM.

BigDan

i can see his whip and shit like that, we'll see how elite he is. i'm sure he is o.k. but i've seen him get smoked too.

Oh dont get me wrong he certainly isnt elite in the sense that he is 100% trustable. He def can struggle but signs are there that would lead you to believe that he is better than his record so theoretically his record should start improving. Nothing is certain and Sox could shell him again, i think it is a big game for him ive just watched his stuff long enough to believe if he comes with his A gm he can handle anyone, not catching Sox in a bad spot either back from 9 gm road trip, no day off and playing a day gm, bos hasnt had there normal lineup in for a minute now, maybe they get home and just click but it could take a second to get that truck rolling again.

On the other hand tor has been battling Doc and Lee the last few days and i gotta believe they smiling thinking about facing Lackey, Tor has to jump on him early so Morrow can get comfortable, total would suggest that is a good possibility and then it be up to Morrow to hold them off.

face

thanks, good analysis. does seem like a good chance at a shot against red sox, but i just can't pull trigger on that one. over is so high too, wish it was 8.5. might do a toronto tt over

watchnburn
    watchnburn's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice

close there pal..only missed what one? cinn?

First 1234