BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Wednesday

4* Cardinals/Orioles over 9 (+100)
    3* Brewers/Yankees over 9 (-119)
    2* Tribe ML (-104)

may add an under later. BOL to all today.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

With Carpenter on the mound....?

RockyMiavia
    RockyMiavia's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL with Cleveland. I think Carrasco will continue to pitch great. I have Cleavland also.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    With Carpenter on the mound....?
    yep. Carpenter is not as good as in years past, and gets more respect that he should based upon name value. also, he threw 124 pitches each of his last two outings, both bullpens are horrendous (and were taxed last night due to rain delay), and the Cards offense had a nice boost last night with the DH and return of Freese. 10 of Carp's 16 starts have gone over, including last 3.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMiavia View Post
    GL with Cleveland. I think Carrasco will continue to pitch great. I have Cleavland also.
    thanks, Rocky. BOL to you too. Carrasco has been outstanding, hope that it continues today.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Nats/Angels under 6.5 (-105)

updated card
    4* Cardinals/Orioles over 9 (+100)
    3* Brewers/Yankees over 9 (-119)
    2* Tribe ML (-104)

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Like the Yanks Over and Angels Under. Good luck today

Lord and Master
    Lord and Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    adding

I know the angels have been crushing unders at home and there are two studs on the mound but 6.5 in the AL is insanity. I've been looking for conditions where the market is starting to turn its bias towards unders enough to make overs profitable and this seems to be the most glaring I've seen so far. 75% on the under, neither team is at the bottom of the league in offense

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Lord and Master View Post
    I know the angels have been crushing unders at home and there are two studs on the mound but 6.5 in the AL is insanity. I've been looking for conditions where the market is starting to turn its bias towards unders enough to make overs profitable and this seems to be the most glaring I've seen so far. 75% on the under, neither team is at the bottom of the league in offense
    i hear you, you are correct that under 6.5 in the AL seems like insanity. i do not like taking unders lower than 7 (though i did with ATL/SEA the other night with Beachy and Bedard). however, i love taking unders at 4 pm local time starts. depending upon the park, they can make for wicked shadows for the hitters. among others, Cleveland, San Fran and Anaheim all have shadows that are really tough for hitters at 4 pm local time starts. the Angels have had 3 homes games this season where the total was 6.5. two of three went under, and the over was a 4-3 extra inning game that was 2-0 heading into the 8th.

Lord and Master

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i do not like taking unders lower than 7 (though i did with ATL/SEA the other night with Beachy and Bedard).
    the lower the better for me, i never take unders above 9

however, i love taking unders at 4 pm local time starts. depending upon the park, they can make for wicked shadows for the hitters. among others, Cleveland, San Fran and Anaheim all have shadows that are really tough for hitters at 4 pm local time starts.
    have you backtested this? it sounds really solid

and in normal circumstances all the stuff I said shouldn't be convincing to bet one or the other but I think its pretty appropriate when the majority is on the other side which happens to be an low under and the public perception is starting to slowly tilt towards low unders, which were previously hated by the public

CAS2550
    CAS2550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

good luck

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

gl with the plays tonight it will be interesting to see if Carpenter is with the backup catcher again or with Yadi in his last start his best of the season he was with the backup catcher and I dont believe he shook him off once all game they were in a very good rythm together the reason the game went over was Oswalt got hit hard early often taken out of the game and they put up a 7 spot late in the game.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

look to see how it is juiced......both team totals currently juiced to the under, both pitcher's whip is very good....regression to the mean ie (overs)...will probably set in a few weeks after the allstar break.....books hang lines that low .....good chance for an under...sportspy currently has 62% of the public favoring the.under....maybe sharp action....as of 6-20 2011...Angels stadium ave runs 6.69...record 10 overs 20 unders 5 push
    Last edited by JR007; 06-29-11 at 02:28 PM.

Lord and Master

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    look to see how it is juiced......both team totals currently juiced to the under, both pitcher's whip is very good....regression to the mean ie (overs)...will probably set in a few weeks after the allstar break
    this is only going to be true if the books have started to adjust the lines way down which they haven't done. Totals are on average .1 higher in june than may. If by regression to the mean you mean unders not being as nearly profitable I tend to agree(but probably to a lesser degree). If by regression you mean overs all of a sudden being somewhat broadly profitable I strongly disagree. The only situation I'm seeing as the market overcorrecting on unders is when its two really stud pitchers, especially lee and halladay. Even then I'm not confident enough to start betting those overs

sportspy currently has 62% of the public favoring the.under....maybe sharp action....
    are you talking about cards/orioles? I see 30% on the under

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Under is a very reasonable bet specially when King Felix is pitching

Not to mention, Mariners lineup is awful. Can't hit a sh*t. (Still I like them to win this one in a low scoring game)

BiffTFinancial

the lower the better for me, i never take unders above 9 have you backtested this? it sounds really solid and in normal circumstances all the stuff I said shouldn't be convincing to bet one or the other but I think its pretty appropriate when the majority is on the other side which happens to be an low under and the public perception is starting to slowly tilt towards low unders, which were previously hated by the public
    i have not back-tested this, it's an idea i just started to investigate recently. i've been tracking and paying attention to it sort of anecdotally, like when announcers talk about a park's shadows being particularly tough for late afternoon games. Cleveland, i already knew about. San Fran and Anaheim, i learned about this season listening to announcers discuss it during afternoon games. those are the three on my list for sure at the moment, but looking to add to it.

BiffTFinancial

this is only going to be true if the books have started to adjust the lines way down which they haven't done. Totals are on average .1 higher in june than may. If by regression to the mean you mean unders not being as nearly profitable I tend to agree(but probably to a lesser degree). If by regression you mean overs all of a sudden being somewhat broadly profitable I strongly disagree. The only situation I'm seeing as the market overcorrecting on unders is when its two really stud pitchers, especially lee and halladay. Even then I'm not confident enough to start betting those overs are you talking about cards/orioles? I see 30% on the under
    i think that his 62% under comment pertained to WAS/LAA, not STL/BAL.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

biff what is your record on mlb totals this year , if you know? thanks.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    biff what is your record on mlb totals this year , if you know? thanks.
    sort of. i have my overall record and units, and i have my records for overs and unders but not broken down into units. for the season, i'm 156-135-22 +26.56u. Unders are 58-52-9 (frustrating, because i prefer unders) and overs are 57-36-8, so totals overall are 115-88-17.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 06-29-11 at 04:16 PM.

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

I like the Baltimore/St. Louis over too.

BOL

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2531

Brewers/Yanks OVER

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBottlez View Post
    I like the Baltimore/St. Louis over too. BOL
    nice, was starting to wonder if i was the only one, heh heh. that's okay, everyone was on the over in the STL/BAL game last night and we pushed, so hoping for better results a little more under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by kidkonggolf View Post
    Brewers/Yanks OVER
    injured Marcum visits Yankees Stadium with the wind blowing out and faces AJ Burnett.

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Good luck today, Biff. I've been looking out for your plays..

RockyMiavia
    RockyMiavia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like we can cash the Cleveland game. 2-0 today and I'm using the winnings and place on the Red sox ML and Yankees/Mil over at 9.5. GL all

vcj16
    vcj16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

good luck to us on the Cardinals/Orioles over 9

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, i was refering to the angels game, on the other topic,...some teams may be slipping out of contention a few weeks, after the all-star break, staritng pitching fatique, bullpen usage, tough scheduling etc.hot weather...IMO....I think you will see higher totals in the coming weeks
    tough to bet overs...squares bet them more..so lines are sharper...........a casual glance at the sbr board will show what gets juiced more

BiffTFinancial

2* Tribe - WINNER.

go Tribe. thanks fellas. let's keep it going.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Marlins/A's under 7 (+100)

BiffTFinancial

4* Cardinals/Orioles over 9 (+100) - LOSER
    3* Nats/Angels under 6.5 (-105) - WINNER

2-1 +1u start, but not looking good in NY.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biff, Dodger stadium can also get some wicked shadows with 5pm
    start times

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Biff, Dodger stadium can also get some wicked shadows with 5pm start times
    thanks, pacocn, i'll make a note of that.

BiffTFinancial

3* Brewers/Yanks over - LOSER

2-2 -2.57u so far, Marlins/A's under pending.

doin
    doin's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the thread biff.

vegasinfom
    vegasinfom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

they get payed wether they are injured or not

BiffTFinancial

3* Marlins/A's under 7 (+100) - WINNER

3-2 +0.43u.