Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Brewers Have Interns Voting For All Star Game All Day

Have you heard about this. The Milwaukee Brewers have their interns voting for the Brewers players instead of doing baseball related work. This of course skews the 'fan' voting and not only that has knocked both my Reds players (Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto) out of their starting position.

Look, I understand that both Weeks and Fielder has had tremendous years, there is no debate they belong on the All Star team and maybe even have the starting gig. But that is not the question here. The question is how messed up All Star voting is. Instead of allowing Fans to pick the right players, Teams insist that their fans (and interns) vote for their players. Why can't MLB teams just let the fans decided who has had the best season so far instead of accusing those of treason that do not pick their team.

Now that news have come across that the Brewers are having employees and interns vote for their people while on the clock, the Brewers have decided to make a mockery of the system. And for that, the NL team will pay.

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I've learned a long time ago if these type of decisions are left up to the "public" then someone somewhere will always take advantage of that and try and tilt the scale to their side.

I recall one of my biggest pay outs on non sport bets was on the "American idol". Not sure if anyone recalls, but it was the sanjay kid that suked #$% was trying to stay in the running. odds where +110 that he wouldn't get booted off at a certain book for the first week and a couple of weeks after that. Well lets just say several forums and hundreds of thousands of cappers hit the book hard and then hit the phones on the voting night to ENSURE he would stick around. I can't say how much "fake" support he got, but I can say it was one of the easiest bets I've ever made with the exception of the few hundred calls I had to make to ensure it was a "LOCK".

Lord and Master
    Lord and Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I knew something had to be going on every brewers player seemed to be higher than he should be in voting

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

I was wondering what was going on...

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6060

shocking ...Milwaukee is the only team stuff the ballot box.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if bud selig knew he would fine that owner big time

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by kcburg View Post
    shocking ...Milwaukee is the only team stuff the ballot box.
    All teams promote their fans to vote their team. In fact the Reds are hosting a Vote Red Lunch where basically Reds Fan come in and vote reds while enjoying Pizza, Drinks and Snakes.

But for the Brewers to actually have their interns do nothing all day but vote is a whole new level.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

as a brewers fan im just happy to get guys in the game..and all 3 weeks braun and fielder deserve to start...the fans voting is al ****** anyways..all they want are yankees and redsox i mean half the guys who get voted in as starters dont belong anyways..if u r playing the game to determine the homefield in the world series i would think that the best players should be on the team not who the fans want to see