Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 5/24

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mark Buehrle is 2-8 lifetime against the A's

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I added a few units to my Giants bet. I figure if Carpenter is out and STL goes with the bullpen I'll hedge a little bit. If Carpenter does go then this line still has a ton of value anyways so I'll let it ride.

Carpenter may not start today

BY JOE STRAUSS
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    05/24/2006

SAN FRANCISCO -- Reigning Cy Young Award winner Chris Carpenter experienced renewed back stiffness after his last start and notified Cardinals trainers before Tuesday’s game that discomfort had returned.

He might have to skip his start in today's 2:35 p.m. game against the Giants.

Pitching coach Dave Duncan discussed the possibility of a “bullpen game” with reliever Josh Hancock after Tuesday night's game. Hancock and other relievers would split up the pitching duties today if Carpenter can't start.

“It bothered him some before, improved, then started bothering him again. We’re going to look at in the morning and you can be sure we’ll err on the side of caution,” manager Tony La Russa said.

“If he’s OK, he goes. If not, bullpen.”

Carpenter was nearly scratched from a start earlier this season because of a similar problem.

On Monday, Duncan believed Carpenter’s start today a near-certainty though the pitcher did not throw in the bullpen.
    Last edited by Wassymac; 05-24-06 at 09:20 AM.

bigboydan

it could be a bulpen pitched game, if carp doesn't go. so, make sure when you bet this game to either check or uncheck the starting pitchers box.

bigboydan

THIS JUST IN GUYS...

brad thompson gets the start over carpenter.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm giving Randy Johnson another chance tonight. The over might be worth a shot because with Johnson on the Hill the only way I win is if the Yankees score 10-12 runs.

bigboydan

What a wild game in this card/giants game today.

who would have thought that 2 pitchers would spark the cards offense today. Jason Marquis tripled, and Adam Wainwright hits a homerun.

Blister
    Blister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blister says Nats 150 at Bodog is a good bet. Blister also bet Os 120 at Pinacle. Blister is out.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Blister
    Blister says Nats 150 at Bodog is a good bet. Blister also bet Os 120 at Pinacle. Blister is out.

In true Seinfeld fashion, "Jimmy's gonna get you Kramer"......"Ooooh, Jimmy's down"...."These shoes make Jimmy jump real high"

Funny, funny stuff.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    What a wild game in this card/giants game today.

who would have thought that 2 pitchers would spark the cards offense today. Jason Marquis tripled, and Adam Wainwright hits a homerun.
    Can't say I feel bad about my bet today...+142 for the Giants @ home against a start by committee. Cards just came out swinging today...as a redbirds fan I'll gladly take the W.