cardinal bullpen

nice work

Bald Bull
    Bald Bull's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

pathetic

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

tried to tell you brother. They only have 3 good arms out there with Motte, Boggs, Salas. but Laruassa refuses to trust them, he sends out fukkin Miller a 90 year old journyman lefty with no talent to start the 8th in a 2-1 game, classic!!!!!!

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

dlunc3

great call on the series bet bet Dan... now we need cliff to bring it home tomorrow (if the phills dont collapse now)

BigDan

Then he brings in Tallat, another talentless lefty. we gotta be the only team in the majors that does not have one lefty with 1 plus pitch. Of coarse after these scrubs gfet in a jam then he brings on Motte who can be a little wild, if you start himn to start inning/or Boggs, there a good chance no runs get scored. Im so sick of ppl sucking Tony off, im a realist the guy won because he has always been down with the steriod program, surely not because he is a baseball genius like he thinks.

Bald Bull

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    tried to tell you brother. They only have 3 good arms out there with Motte, Boggs, Salas. but Laruassa refuses to trust them, he sends out fukkin Miller a 90 year old journyman lefty with no talent to start the 8th in a 2-1 game, classic!!!!!!
    miller, motte and batista are awful

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    great call on the series bet bet Dan... now we need cliff to bring it home tomorrow (if the phills dont collapse now)

Our lefties are so bad that we are already talking about picking up JC Romero, how was he for you guys?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

what a fvcking meltdown..lol

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bull View Post
    miller, motte and batista are awful

Motte isnt awful i swear, the guy has a plus plus fastball and a decent slider. problem is they never bring him in to start innings always after Bautista or Franklin or miller load the bases, hard to be successful in those spots consistently. He could be a very good bridge guy, especially against the not elite players he can blow by bottoms of the order. Have hardly ever seen him come in to start a inning and perform poorly.

Bald Bull

Motte isnt awful i swear, the guy has a plus plus fastball and a decent slider. problem is they never bring him in to start innings always after Bautista or Franklin or miller load the bases, hard to be successful in those spots consistently. He could be a very good bridge guy, especially against the not elite players he can blow by bottoms of the order. Have hardly ever seen him come in to start a inning and perform poorly.
    i had him on my Fantasy team during his brief closing experiment a while back

couldn't get a save to save his life

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

9 run inning...ddddecent

dlunc3

Our lefties are so bad that we are already talking about picking up JC Romero, how was he for you guys?
    haha wow i didnt hear that... ive been calling for that guys release since April and finally got my wish..

Maybe he will find his fountain of youth for you guys.. even a flash of that 2008 form could at least give you a little spark.

solid152

JC Romero will always have a special place in my heart b/c of 2008

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bull View Post
    i had him on my fantasy team during his brief closing experiment a while back

couldn't get a save to save his life

Yea io dont think he can be a closer until he learns to locate his offspeed pitch, but i love his mentality, his fastball has serious life and he can overmatch the lesser hitters in this league, still a work in progress, i mean a few years ago he was a catcher in the minors.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This is not going to be a good year for the Cards pen.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by qsilver335 View Post
    This is not going to be a good year for the Cards pen.

Two things have to happen, someone needs to tell the almighty TLR that he has to stop putting in these washed up never has beens before Boggs/motte/sanchez (when he gets back off dl). and we have to make a move which i can pretty much guarantee that will happen

solid152

if you think about it Dan the cards bullpen were pretty close to getting out of that inning after ibanez struck out. it was still a 2-2 game at that time then shitty ben francisco miraculously got a 2 out hit. then downhill from there

dlunc3

your honest opinion Dan.. I thought I got a steal betting under 86.5 wins the minute I saw wainwright went down (moved to 83.5 later that day). I basically counted that bet as a loss 2 or 3 weeks ago the way they were playing...

still dont think ill hit it, but you would know as good as anyone.. how you feeling about the season at this point?

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by solid152 View Post
    if you think about it Dan the cards bullpen were pretty close to getting out of that inning after ibanez struck out. it was still a 2-2 game at that time then shitty ben francisco miraculously got a 2 out hit. then downhill from there
    yea.. even before that ibanez nonsense, I was flipping out on that bs strike two call on polanco... guess it all worked out though

solid152

yea.. even before that ibanez nonsense, I was flipping out on that bs strike two call on polanco... guess it all worked out though
    i was pulling in the driveway from work when polly got hit in the hand. did it look bad?

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by solid152 View Post
    i was pulling in the driveway from work when polly got hit in the hand. did it look bad?
    I had an immediate flash back to utley breaking his hand on that pitch back in 07... i think poly is ok though..

solid152

ahhh let's hope he is okay..

BigDan

your honest opinion Dan.. I thought I got a steal betting under 86.5 wins the minute I saw wainwright went down (moved to 83.5 later that day). I basically counted that bet as a loss 2 or 3 weeks ago the way they were playing...

still dont think ill hit it, but you would know as good as anyone.. how you feeling about the season at this point?

Really depends on a few factors bro. 1st we have to make a move for Bullpen help, w/o that you are in the money, but i wouldnt hold your breath on that we usually go out and get a good fitting piece or two at the trade deadline.

2nd i will be able to tell you a lot more in the next week or so when Freeze gets back, if he comes back and produces like he always has (unfortunately he has had a string of tough injuries but this guy can rake). He will make albert being out a lot less of a deal cause he can fill in the 5 hole where we really hurting having to move Holliday and Puma up in the order, Rasmus just isnt that guy i dont think, kid got all the talent but is a jd drew clone.

The real problem with your bet is after the all-start break Craig will be back and that is another up and comer who can really drive in runs (huge against lefties for us). When everyone heard the Albert news and acted like Mil was gonna run and hide i kinda laughed, thats just not how this div works, everyone to inconsistent to pull away. in mid-aug when Albert gets back i would be really surprised if cincy/mil/stl wouldnt all be within 5 games. i penciled in 89-91 wins to take this div and honestly still not sure who will do it, even tho mil has to be odds on fav atm.

after tonight they will be 6 gms above .500, schedule not easy going to all star break but if they tread water and get to break at .500. it will be very close and depend on two things. 1) move for bullpen help. 2) Albert has to come back and be huge quickly which id say there a good chance of that cause it could be worth 50 mil to do so.

They have a pretty favorable schedule in the 2nd half so you could really use a big slide going into that (hope not) Almost promise they will end the year over .500 so i think it will be really close. next few weeks are huge for you .

Make no mistake once everyone else is healthy this team can play well over .500 w/o albert, again that is with pen help.

No offense but really hope you lose this wager. Unless we cant make playoffs then ill root for a tank job at the end for you .