bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

How do baseball players get injured all the time?

Its a non-contact sport, other than running into an outfielder or fence or catcher how do they get injured so often. **** Jeter just ran to first and is out for a month, what the **** is wrong with these pussies steroid withdrawal make em frail or something?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lazy
    lack of prep
    lack of roids

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Baseball is a slow sport. Too much standing around. Other sports the body is constantly moving and stays warm. Stand in the outfield doing nothing for 15 minutes, then have to break into an all out sprint to vatch a fly ball. Bound to pull a hammy doing that shit.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah amazing, its not even a sport

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

its called over-striding, when you know you can be safe by 0.01 you try and stretch too much and your body cant do that, happens to one player every day just some are more flexible

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1957

especially pitchers ..... they are babied way too much

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Baseball typifies america. Fat overpaid athletes just like wall street . Lazy ass fukks. Game should only be watched in the playoffs.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I've never considered baseball players to be great athletes. You can be fat and slow and still play ball. These guys aren't much better athletes than golfers.

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

They play 162 games a year not to mention spring training and playoffs for some. Starters get about 1 off day every 7 days. Seems pretty simple to me unless you want to get sarcastic about it and say they are all out of shape bums. In that case...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

All the hitters hurt nowadays is unreal. Pitchers are different, it is unnatural for your body, underhand is natural

bettilimbroke999

How many days off do they need in between running 90 feet 3 or 4 times in a game. Fuk these out of shape bums, if you get hurt playing baseball without running into something you are an out of shape bum

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Wow, I never read so many clue-less posts on this forum.
    Points Awarded:

BigDan gave neverstoppers23 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

hangnails, blisters, bacne, SARS, legionnair'es disease....but not necessaily in that order

bottom line it's a deadly sport

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    hangnails, blisters, bacne, SARS, legionnair'es disease....but not necessaily in that order

bottom line it's a deadly sport

Sadly, thats probably true

Did you see that "injury" that sidelined Jeter, I mean fuk theres running backs who get hit by enormous linemen 200 times a season and Jeter stubs his toe running to first and its too "risky" to have him play for a month? I mean wtf, is this sport like tryin to legitimize itself by claiming these ridiculous injuries

Hey boss I was running across the street to come to work here at Kinkos and pulled a hammy, I dont think Ill be able to work for a month

Okay, well you're fired

**** you boss Im gonna try out for the majors where they understand how risky it is for me to have to cross that street again tomorrow and potentially aggravate this injury
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 06-18-11 at 09:31 PM.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

isn't jeter old now?

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

well they do this stuff all of the time so they start taking shortcuts and not staying in playing shape...uncommitted slackers think they can get away with doing what they do and thats enough

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Haha, anybody that claims baseball is anything other than a pastime or amusement has clearly never played a sport such as hockey/football/soccer/basketball or undertaken anything such as a triathalon. People may dig it to watch-that's cool but it's such a laugh to describe injuries or "the rigors of baseball".

Pippertime
    Pippertime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

your body takes a toll when you make it go 6-7-8 months a year going all out, day after day, night after night. and then humping the groupies in the hotel, then traveling to another city. 200 games a year. takes its toll. you think its just like playing little league. but these guys a) aren't 12 some of them are your dad's age. and b) in little league they don't throw 102 mph fastballs, they don't run 3.9 to first, they don't weigh 225, they don't hit 110 mph smashes down the lines.

MYFOOTBALLGAME
    MYFOOTBALLGAME's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Its a non-contact sport, other than running into an outfielder or fence or catcher how do they get injured so often. **** Jeter just ran to first and is out for a month, what the **** is wrong with these pussies steroid withdrawal make em frail or something?
    Father time kicks in and the stop and go running is the easiest to pull a muscle. I used to think the same thing until I hit 30. Now almost 40 I really can't believe they stay as healthy as they do. You must be a youngster.

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17646

Apparently you guys have never played a 162 game schedule in the hot summer months.
    I have and it is a grind. Both mental and physical.

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

same as any other sport...strip club injuries

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Fukin ridiculous..

Watching a Yankee game the other day and watch Colon pull a muscle in his leg covering first.... now hes on the DL for about 2-3 weeks...

Next thing you know Jeter is running down first base line and pulls something stretching for the bag.

Obviously these guys don't get paid enough.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

take it from me, i was all team 1st team state baseball player in 1990 although i was 230 then instead of 350

Actually had higher percentage of bodyfat then, wtf

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Jeter hasn't looked right during the last 2 weeks before the injury. Who know what it is? Could be those STD's finally kicking in?

From my understanding... people say it's insufficient hydration, insufficient protein, improper stretching? Honestly... I blame it on luck. Injuries happen what you least expect it.

bettilimbroke999

Groin injury = slammed a baseball groupie with no rubber last week and herpes are fukin out of control

Pray for Jeter

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

When do you remember a baseball player arguing or fighting with a coach to be left in the game when they got injured? They stub a toe, it's like, nice I get a week or two break. In the NFL, they have to hide the guys helmet and make rules that keep them off the field after concussions because their passion for the game and commitment to the team is so strong. How many times have you heard a football player say they would have to kill him to get them off the field, except Jay Cutler of course.

There are men like Jack Youngblood, played 3 games with a broken leg, Ernie Stautner, played a whole game with a compound fracture to his hand (fukkin bone is sticking out of the skin) doesn't even miss a play, taped it up, refused to even tell the trainer until after the game. Larry Wilson, returned an interception 90+ yds for a TD with casts on both his broken hands, Walt Garrison played in games with broken ribs, broken collarbone and separated shoulders, Ronnie Lott who opted to have part of a finger amputated because surgery would cause him to miss more time. Johnny Unitas played some games with broken ribs, punctured lung and a season with a broken vertebrae. Look at Brett Favre last season, I don't know if there wasn't some part of his body that wasn't broken, dislocated, separated, strained or pulled. There are countless stories like this concerning football players.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17200

Arm injuries are obvious, I don't know how Nelson Cruz pulled his quad 56 times last year.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

HOW THE F-CK IS BASEBALL NOT A CONTACT SPORT???

pitchers plunk hitters in the head
    catchers get ko'ed guarding home plate (there goes sf's chances of winning the WS)
    you can run down anyone on the baseline
    double plays, take out the 2nd baseman so he can't throw to first in time
    diving catches into fences into stands...

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

pansies

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

A pitcher may injuried easly, that so normal situation, their upper hand and sholder movings are so tough for ligaments and muscles. already hitters get injuried hardly ever.I can't understand what is strange in this case?

also is contact necessary to getting injuried? I'm sorry but this is so nonsense idea.

if your idea would make sense, a racehorse should not get injuried in his racing career.I have never heard/seen this.All of racehorses get injuried at least 3-4 times in his racing career. Soccer includes a lot of contacts but %80 of injuries not about contact.(Heel,tendinitis,meniscus,groin etc..) Reality is so different than your thinking.
    A lot of tennis players retired during the match.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Most of the injuries isn't actually that bad to begin with, but the MLB schedule doesn't leave any time for rest and there's always opportunity to make it worse while trying to make a play.

bettilimbroke999

Yes a pitcher that I can understand, he just blows his arm out, but other than that or running into someone I just dont get how these idiots get injured just during routine play

Your analogy of a horserace is ridiculous are you seriously comparing a human and a horse, it doesnt make any sense. A horse is a massively heavy animal whose legs are the size of fukin sticks, they get injured bc they are supporting too much weight on too small a leg so one misstep at full speed and the leg breaks, this is not a problem for humans as their legs are proportionate to their bodies

Jeter's "injury" was a fuckin joke, he just pulled a hamstring joggin to 1st and is takin a fukin month off to get better, now when he comes back we'll have to hear about how hes not a 100% and all this shit . Meanwhile some 160 pounder like Sproles gets cremated on every play by 400 pounders and just rubs some dirt on it and gets back in the huddle like a man
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 06-19-11 at 05:06 AM.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Football isnt a contact sport. Dating is. My favorite line from my Offensive Coordinator back in HS

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

They get injured more b/c the standard for injury is much lower. And this is b/c baseball players are worth more (to their owners) than any other sports stars. It's simple, would you worry about a squeak in your '92 toyota camery with 200k miles (football player)? No. Funny sound coming from your vintage pristine rolls royce? You are gonna a least take it off the road and give it a full inspection.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Haha, anybody that claims baseball is anything other than a pastime or amusement has clearly never played a sport such as hockey/football/soccer/basketball or undertaken anything such as a triathalon. People may dig it to watch-that's cool but it's such a laugh to describe injuries or "the rigors of baseball".

You are fukkin clueless. For years i played serious pickup hoops games 3-4 hours a night 4-5 nights a week.

Playing a NBA season is not fukking grueling!! are you kidding me with this ignorant shit?

Fly around on jets all over, fuk hoes in every city then show up for a few hours to practice then play a game.

Not saying football/hockey arnt more physically demanding but basketball? and soccer gay asses running around? Baseball is a physical and mental grind, sure a lot of the guys wouldnt want to do a gay ass triathlon but i doubt your triathletes wanna stand in against a 95mph fastball night after night either.

12 Last