fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Reds pound lefties. I pound Reds.

Team Avg: .300
    League Avg: .249

Team OPS: .844
    League OPS: .703

Kershaw been rough last two outings...3 out of 5 rough....

Johnny Cueto real strong/consistent in every start

+115

hit it

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Intersting things at this point in the season......... TAIL

PoweRay
    PoweRay's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it. Thanks!

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good info... I was already leaning cincy but i will go ahead and put something on them... Thx for the info... GL!!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Reds hit lefties well, but this lefty they struggle against.

This current Reds lineup, in 120 career plate appearances against Kershaw are a miserable 21 for 104 (.202) and an even more miserable .282 on base percentage.

Only Joey Votto has had success hitting 2 homers off Kershaw, but he's struck out 7 times in 14 plate appearances, if you want to include Bradon Phillips seven singles, then fine, but the team struggles against Kershaw.

The guy up top, Stubbs, that sets the table can't touch him 0 for 11 lifetime, striking out 5 times.
    The other big boy, Jay Bruce, faced Kershaw 6 times, struck out 3 times.

The whole Reds current roster has 120 plate appearances versus Kershaw, striking out 43 times, which is more than one strike out every three plate appearances.

For arguments sake, if the Reds get 4 plate appearances an inning tonight, and Kershaw goes 7 innings tonight, do the math, I did, the numbers in the past have proven that you should expect Kershaw to have 8 or 9 K's.

I don't want to tell the OP not to play the Reds tonight, but if you break it down, 'POUNDING' the Reds in this spot is risky business.

p.s. this Dodger roster has success against Cueto, their batting average against him is .270 BUT, BIG BUT, in 79 plate appearances against have a ridiculously high on base percentage of .373

Kemp owns Cueto he's .556 lifetime, with 2 bombs, and unlike Votto where his protection (Stubbs etc) can't touch Kershaw, Kemp's protection at the top of the order, does reach base.

In summary, Reds hit lefty's, not THIS lefty though, Reds strike out at a ridiculous clip, more than 1:3 ratio off of him, which is just dreadful, don't get on base off of THIS lefty Kershaw
    You can't score if you can't get on base.

Dodgers get on base 15 percent more with their lineup against their pitcher than the Reds do against their pitcher.

Only reason why I don't POUND the Dodgers tonight is their scares me.

Good luck though, just thought I'd point out these glaring numbers, not to piss on your post.

tshizzle
    tshizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

Im taking the reds. Cueto looking too good.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

this is officially the gayest thread Ive ever seen. So much faggotry, I dont know what to think.

fergie's balls

good #s Nash, i always eyeball as well, however such small sampling (no more then 10-13 ABs for each Red vs Kershaw) doesn't concern me too much. as a whole they have confidence vs lefties and beat him week or so ago also. also factoring in Kershaw's last two poor starts and Cueto's solid month. on the other side i saw Kemp and Ethier with decent #s vs Cueto, but as a whole their lineup stinking it up. GL with your picks!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Look at what Philly does to Volstad, it's criminal.

Here's one more, look what the Brewers do to Randy Wells.
    That's just wrong.

fergie's balls

Ha, yeah Brewers i'm playing when i saw that, but Phillies are a no go, juice is ridiculous