clairvoyance
    clairvoyance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yanks/Boston bullpen line effect

does anyone have any guess how much it would affect the line if beckett could go 8+ innings instead of being pulled automatically after 6?

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Hmmm....currently BOS +130 and NYY -140......It should change it to around BOS +124, and NYY -134

I actually have this game capped with BOS being the favorite....Hope this helps

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    Hmmm....currently BOS +130 and NYY -140......It should change it to around BOS +124, and NYY -134

good call. when i change Beckett's IP from 6 to 8 in my spreadsheet (i initially had Beckett at 6.3), it moved my hypothetical line by +06.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post

i agree with ColdBeer. And to answer your question, i'd personally think redsox bullpen would be an issue if dice-k was pitching, because the guy hardly gets out of the 5th inning. but with a horse like beckett who pitches into the 8th, bullpen affect would be minimized. i was thinking about going both with under and with bos for the value at +130... this is no respect for beckett. bard, papelbon, jenks, albers are all on 1day rest and might be available. if not, we might see atchison. dustin pedroia is out though. he is a great 2nd baseman, so that might hurt defense a bit.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

note: i obviously know dice-k is out. i was just saying when you get a guy like lester or beckett that can easily go 8 innings, the enigmatic sox bullpen is less of a concern. although, i like what i've seen from Bard. the guy throws a really fast high-90's Heater.

clairvoyance

[QUOTE=hockey216;10358343]but with a horse like beckett who pitches into the 8th, bullpen affect would be minimized.[quote]

i don't think beckett has gone 7 innings in any start this year.

this is really rough of the top of my head but those 2 innings maybe equates to an extra .4 runs for the yankees with the boston bullpen vs beckett based off season to date ERAs and adding a little extra because its the yankees

clairvoyance

i was wrong about the 7, just remembered him going for 6 in alot of his recent starts

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

last month when they matched up doesn't mean anything? same setup and yanks got shut out