chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Harvard Leans: A's to get back on track in Baltimore

The CUBBIES aren't the only team keeping backers far away from the window these past couple weeks. But today the CUBS snapped their slump-- and I'm counting on the A's to follow suit.

The struggling OAKLAND A's will lean on J. OUTMAN to deliver them from being being swept for a 3rd straight series and get their first win after losing eight straight games. Last time OUTMAN pitched he was shelled by the red sox in just over 2 innings.

but OUTMAN (1-0 4.02 ERA) is no slouch. He will bounce back tonight when he will face the BIRDS, a team he faced prior to boston, on 5-28 when OUTMAN (-144) allowed only 2 ERs at the coliseum.

An A's loss tonight would mark the first sweep in Baltimore in nearly 13 years.

"We're having good at-bats but can't put anything together and hit it right at somebody", Ryan Sweeny says.

ORIOLE BIRD Rookie Z. BRITTON hasn't won a decision since May 1st.

OAKLAND's managed only two extra-base hits in the first two games of the series.

The ORIOLES bullpen have avg an astounding 1.90 ERA in their last three games.

Chris Jakubauskas and Jeremy Accardo will both be unavailable in the BIRDS bullpen tonight.

Orioles are 8-2 in their last 10 home games.
    Orioles are 8-17 in their last 25 games vs. a left-handed starter
    Under is 7-2-1 in the last 10 meetings in Baltimore.
    Athletics are 60-22 in the last 82 meetings.
    Athletics are 21-44 in their last 65 road games vs. a team with a winning home record
    Orioles are 1-6 in their last 7 games with Guccione behind home plate.
    Under is 4-0 in Gucciones last 4 games behind home plate vs. Baltimore

***Current weather in Baltimore: 96 degrees (feels like 103) with winds from WNW at 5mph

OAKLAND +137

-----------------------

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh good, i was just getting tired of following my guy from cornell