GemSportsPicks
    GemSportsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Dodgers +165

Phillies continue to lose, don't know why they can't hit right now but they can't... The strand an average of 10 base runners a game for the last 7 games... When a team just isn't coming through its very hard for them to snap out of it... and getting 1.6 times your money to go against them is to good to be true.

SamWise
    Bet with your Head, not with your Heart
    SamWise's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GemSportsPicks View Post
    Phillies continue to lose, don't know why they can't hit right now but they can't... The strand an average of 10 base runners a game for the last 7 games... When a team just isn't coming through its very hard for them to snap out of it... and getting 1.6 times your money to go against them is too good to be true.
    never good in a gambling world.

vegas partying with Dodger's money tonight.

KJ CottonChopper
    KJ CottonChopper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

Thanks Gem, let's hope it's a winner. Good Luck!!!

GemSportsPicks

Quote Originally Posted by SamWise View Post
    never good in a gambling world.

vegas partying with Dodger's money tonight.
    Hahaha usually I would agree with you... But in this case people continue to chase the Phillies, no doubt in my mind that there will be much more action on the side of the Phillies then the Dodgers... So if dodger do lose, Vegas gets crushed as well. Well not crushed casuse one game doesn't matter to them, unless that one game is the Superbowl.

SamWise

Quote Originally Posted by GemSportsPicks View Post
    Hahaha usually I would agree with you... But in this case people continue to chase the Phillies, no doubt in my mind that there will be much more action on the side of the Phillies then the Dodgers... So if dodger do lose, Vegas gets crushed as well. Well not crushed casuse one game doesn't matter to them, unless that one game is the Superbowl.
    From what I see I dont see them winning tonight at all.
    I dont know by how many points, dont know by how big/small, but i just dont see them winning purely by opening odds/line movement.

Dodgers sitting at +170 right now.

Here is an example.

to make this example easy, lets just say that dodgers are at +200 and phillies at -200

There are 100 dollars to be given out from vegas.

In order for vegas to even out, pubs have to be 33% on dodgers and 66% on phillies.

with dodgers at +170, i would say it should be close to 39%.

They are sitting at 47% right now. And most likely LAD's bet will only go down to about 43%.

Dont see them winning.

If they win, big props to you

GemSportsPicks

From what I see I dont see them winning tonight at all.
    I dont know by how many points, dont know by how big/small, but i just dont see them winning purely by opening odds/line movement.

Dodgers sitting at +170 right now.

Here is an example.

to make this example easy, lets just say that dodgers are at +200 and phillies at -200

There are 100 dollars to be given out from vegas.

In order for vegas to even out, pubs have to be 33% on dodgers and 66% on phillies.

with dodgers at +170, i would say it should be close to 39%.

They are sitting at 47% right now. And most likely LAD's bet will only go down to about 43%.

Dont see them winning.

If they win, big props to you
    I know all about the math... We will just have to wait and see what happens... Also remember the perctenage aren't quite as simple as you made them. Thats why the gap is there... +170 and -190.... So in even split here 50 50... So 100 on Dodgers and 100 on Phills... In this case a phills win Vegas or bookie makes nothing... Phils loss they make 20... So now lets make some adjustments... Lets say its 60 40... So based on our 200 total that they took in... So thats 120 on phills and 80 on Dodgers. Phills win Books lose 40 dollars... Dodgers win and books make books make 92 dollars. So we see the interest Vegas has in the dog in 50 50 prop or 60 40 in favor of phils... Vegas almost always benefits by the dog winning...

So what percentage does Vegas need to be on dodgers to benefit from dodgers loss... Lets try 60 40 again... 120 on dodgers 80 on Phils. In this case Dodgers wins books lose 15... Then if phils win books make 40...

This is overly simplified, but basically I'm just trying to say books rarely clean up when dogs lose... They absolutely crush when favorites lose.

SamWise

I agree with you.
    Books make money when the big fav lose.
    lets just give it a go on this game.
    i am not betting this game anyway since phillies are a chalk monster.
    and I dont have the confidence to go for -1.5.
    You can bet, and i will cheer for you. But I dont see them winning tonight.

good luck. great talk btw.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

good call Gem

GemSportsPicks

I agree with you.
    Books make money when the big fav lose.
    lets just give it a go on this game.
    i am not betting this game anyway since phillies are a chalk monster.
    and I dont have the confidence to go for -1.5.
    You can bet, and i will cheer for you. But I dont see them winning tonight.

good luck. great talk btw.
    True as I said for now I'm small on all my baseball right now... Just 100 a game for fun... Testing every possible angle and combination of angles hopefully I stumble into the right combination that can hit around 60% for 100 plays... Then you will see me reduce my number of plays drastically and start throwing real money around.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

steelyballs52
    steelyballs52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

I'm wih you on the dodgers, its a good dog play.