HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Gotta agree with Zambrano. Cubs are AAA worthy

Coaching is subpar
    Fielding is awful
    Offense is stuck in mud
    Bullpen, other than Marshall, is embarrassing
    Front office stockpiles bad contracts, and is clueless
    Finally, sans Carlos Zambrano, the starting rotation would not be competitive in a slow pitch beer league.

There has been zero objections to the Zambrano quotes, and neither should there be. This team is the worst. No heart, no talent, and no chance.

PS: Cubs have 4 viable MLB players on the roster IMO. Barney, Castro, Marshall, and Zambrano. That's it.

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saying the Cubs are AAA, is an insult to the AAA teams. Cubs are AA at best.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

they put up 10 hits today. I highly doubt a AA team could hit the Reds that hard.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Leake is practicallly a AAA pitcher, like the other pitchers on the Reds. Hits and Reds pitching are practically synonymous.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

You're exaggerating. Cubs just need a better manager. The guy sucks. He doesn't know his own staff. Today he played an infielder in left field and it resulted in a couple misplayed balls which lead to scoring innings.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    they put up 10 hits today. I highly doubt a AA team could hit the Reds that hard.
    Seems like they put up 10 hits everyday, pretty sure they at or near the top in BA in the NL. Of coarse they are at or near the bottom in BA w/risp. Doesnt matter how many bases empty hits you can get if you fail miserably to drive in runs. Lets be real here, im sure there are at least a few minor league clubs that could scrape together a bunch of hits off the Reds staff right now.

I_WILL_WIN
    I_WILL_WIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raiders32 View Post
    Saying the Cubs are AAA, is an insult to the AAA teams. Cubs are AA at best.
    Saying the Cubs are AA is an insult to the AA teams. Every college baseball team and most high school baseball teams can beat the Cubs!!!!!!

Cubs are pure shit

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Another Blowout loss for the Scrubs.

Cubs = noncompetitive baseball.

BigDan

They got 10 more hits though.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    They got 10 more hits though.
    Thank You. Independently Hits a meaningless. Its all about when you hit the ball. RISP man

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Thank You. Independently Hits a meaningless. Its all about when you hit the ball. RISP man

some ppl just dont understand. These fukks got 1 of the highest ba in nl but worst with risp.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The blame lies wholly on the front office -- This team is poorly constructed, despite having some good players -- and is coached terribly (and has been since the dug up Pinella's corspe and put him on the bench)

there are some good players who get unfair flack --

Fukdome is a solid player and good hitter (but lacks power for a corner outfielder, but is over payed

Soriano is overpayed and and an absolute butcher in the field, but is still a + hitter

And after a very good year Soto has become increasingly inconsistent once Pinella began jerking his playing time around two years ago.

Marmol is a roller coaster but is still and elite closer and teamed with Marshal and Wood they have a good back end of the pen.

Garza has been pretty good for a flyball pitcher in Wrigley, and Wells is back from injury and can resume his potential as a mid rotation guy.

Dempster is an odd case, as he has has bad luck with home runs, but essentially everything else, line drive rate, ground ball rate, strikeout rate, walk rate, velocity and pitch selection are the same as they have been since he has been a starter.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

time to chase a cubs win! they cant keep losing !

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by jhack704 View Post

GL with that.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Yeah they are horrible. Byrd is probably there best clutch hitter(if they have one) but hes been out for 14 games and they have only won 3 since then. They still will probably be -140+ for majority of home games.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by jhack704 View Post

Dont know who they play after cincy but dont think i could stomach chasing this team. Do think if they are ever gonna win 2marro is the day with gas can Arroyo pitching. Prob 15 hits and 3 runs which wont be enough though.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

they have Phillies coming up next. I only bet the Cubs w/ Big Z on the mound. Only perso. On that team with a pulse, and that cares about the result of the game.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

yea at phily and then home vs milwaukee, they cant lose 15 in a row can they>?

BigDan

Dumpster has pretty good numbers against Reds batters but Im just not the guy who tries to figure out when a team will stop sliding, much rather just fade till they burn me or pass.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's stop with the Marmol love. The league figured him out a year ago. He's never gonna be able to put 3 strikes across before ball 4 is called.

Golden Bullet
    Golden Bullet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1098

Game would mean Chic swept 3 series in a row. Afternoon game, they were swept 2 series in a row, they do have the potential to win as they beat Boston. With this game I would be careful.

DIRTYDIRTY
    DIRTYDIRTY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cubbies oh well guess it'll be another decade before they get dedicated

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Agreed cubs stink