Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dodger attendance down 22%

I wonder why the dodger's attendance is down this year Could it be Frank McCourt?Something better happen fast. I've lived in LA for over 40years This is the first time attendance has fallen this early in the season McCourt for god's sake leave our beloved team and let O'Mally take back over

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

only lived in LA co for 28 years but would much rather go to a halo game no gang members. Also This is LA big market get some mega stars in that line up Kemp loney and Eithier are not then people would go. Get Adrian Gonzalez go after pujols etc. im not buying season tickets to see carroll, uribe, a developing sands. Product is garbage.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Looks like way more than 22%...its sad. The tickets are to expensive, the parking is to expensive....everything is to expensive, and thats just compared to the angels game. Nobody goes to the games anymore. The stands are empty

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

The boycott is working....

Angelenos can boycott anything, too much shit to do down here.....

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

some of us that used to travel to la to watch a game don't want to get beat up by illegal immigrants. same reason i don't go to wrigley very often.

kind of sad when a bunch of people that don't even speak english get let in the country to make bankers rich, and they end up leading to the destruction of society.

i have absolutely nothing against hard working hispanics that learn english and become citizens. but anyone not willing to assimilate and learn english, or at the very least become a citizen, should not be allowed to stay.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    some of us that used to travel to la to watch a game don't want to get beat up by illegal immigrants. same reason i don't go to wrigley very often.

kind of sad when a bunch of people that don't even speak english get let in the country to make bankers rich, and they end up leading to the destruction of society.

i have absolutely nothing against hard working hispanics that learn english and become citizens. but anyone not willing to assimilate and learn english, or at the very least become a citizen, should not be allowed to stay.
    you must be a retard.

goblinburner
    yanks-1 1/2
    goblinburner's Avatar Become A Pro!

the dodgers have so much talent but have no way of ever showing it they will bounce back but i see no playoffs for them this season

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

thats what happens when the fans feel screwed over. Look at the product they have put out the last couple seasons. I look for the same thing to happen in the NFL if there are any games missed due to the lockout.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can shoot a cannon in Wrigley and not hit anybody.

They're even selling discounted beer. In the biggest beer garden in the country!

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

ppl would rather watch the game on their 60 inch tv with surround sound for free

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

I was at the game Monday night. Stadium was 80% filled on Memorial day. Probably going to go see Ubaldo get lit up tonight. I'm sure the stands won't be as filled tonight. McCourt will have to sell soon once the court says its half his wifes.

Take Dodgers at +110 tonight!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

baseball is in trouble across the board, the sport is becoming worse than Hockey

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

why would you want o'malley back? he's the scumbag who ruined the team by selling out to fox.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

dodgers have lots of young talent but a shitty manager, gm and pitchers (except kershaw).

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Absolutely agree. McCourt, the city of Los Angeles politicians and all the people in any position to fix the mess were a day late and a dollar short.

The shine is off the apple and it will be many years (if ever) before families will feel safe again. It's not about the losing or the prices, it's about the safety. And now, because of the sad opening day violence, people are staying away in droves fearing they could be next.

Dodger Stadium isn't a place to see games anymore. It's a gang hangout.

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

When McCourt took over the team he bought with one reason in mind trying to get rich. Here is a few reasons why no one wants to go see the dodgers anymore after he purchased the team.

1. Ticket prices went up 60%
    2. Parking went up 50%
    3. Concession cost went up 40%
    4. Security staff was reduced by half

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Mattingly has no clue what he is doing. When I see him go to the mound and take out the starter in a close game, I get excited because their bullpen sucks and I love to see them lose.
    Go Padres!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

are they counting the % at the 1st inning or 3rd inning?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    are they counting the % at the 1st inning or 3rd inning?
    5th inning.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion people are fed up with McCourt and his misusing
    of team funds, he is hated by dodger fans. I think the opening
    day incident was just the nail in the coffin and it furthered the hatred for McCourt for not having adequete security. Although it has been well known that after the raiders left LA their fans invaded dodger stadium
    and anyone in an oppossing jersey(especially giants fans) was fair game and the problem was never addressed.

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

The team is bad they get hit AT ALL

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good. The Dodgers are a joke of a franchise.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    In my opinion people are fed up with McCourt and his misusing
    of team funds, he is hated by dodger fans. I think the opening
    day incident was just the nail in the coffin and it furthered the hatred for McCourt for not having adequete security. Although it has been well known that after the raiders left LA their fans invaded dodger stadium
    and anyone in an oppossing jersey(especially giants fans) was fair game and the problem was never addressed.
    I concur!
    And now that the Bryan Stow is doing well, the family is now suing the Dodgers for who knows how much. If you really wanna win, you hit the wallet because now this will put the Dodgers in debt and Selig will not approve McCourt's idea of getting that $300 billion contract from Fox. This team is in a mess and should already have been up for sale last month. How will McCourt make June's payroll?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bryan Stow is far from doing well... dude has 96% chance of being a veggie for life.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25052

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    baseball is in trouble across the board, the sport is becoming worse than Hockey

Not sure about other places but I was at the parks in Tampa Bay (St Pete) and Miami within the past 2 weeks; felt like I had both places all to myself. Sad....

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ex50warrior View Post
    Not sure about other places but I was at the parks in Tampa Bay (St Pete) and Miami within the past 2 weeks; felt like I had both places all to myself. Sad....
    those are the 2 worst attendance parks in all of baseball.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
    milwaukee drawing 3 million+ again this year

not sure why someone said you could shoot a cannon at wrigley and not hit anyone, it's a sellout almost every game and they draw 3 million also.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

m mike, it might be that everyone is so enebriated that
    a cannon ball hitting them would not be felt.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

baseball s a mess, seems like a major scandal every decade and the dodgers are a mess now too

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    you must be a retard.
    not sure what you meant by this comment, would i be retarded for wanting to go to a game in LA?

my family travels a lot, and we go to a lot of brewers games in other stadiums. i'm certainly not taking my family to dodger stadium wearing brewers apparel during a brewers/dodgers game and i'm sure a large number of other families feel the same way. it's sad that good paying customers (that would also spend money on food/hotels/etc in the are) are being driven away.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

not sure what you meant by this comment, would i be retarded for wanting to go to a game in LA?

my family travels a lot, and we go to a lot of brewers games in other stadiums. i'm certainly not taking my family to dodger stadium wearing brewers apparel during a brewers/dodgers game and i'm sure a large number of other families feel the same way. it's sad that good paying customers (that would also spend money on food/hotels/etc in the are) are being driven away.
    unreal....

You know the only guys dodger fans thrown down with are the hated Giants..RIGHT????

Just like the stories about people getting assaulted in Yankees-redsox Rivalry....

But since it's brownies down in LA, it get magnified!!!

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    unreal....

You know the only guys dodger fans thrown down with are the hated Giants..RIGHT????

Just like the stories about people getting assaulted in Yankees-redsox Rivalry....

But since it's brownies down in LA, it get magnified!!!
    the fact that anyone got beat up has made it appear to be an uncomfortable, and unfun, environment. so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because less families go, same thing has happened to six flags here between milwaukee and chicago in gurnee illinois.
    six flags used to be pretty much all families, now at night it's like being in a ghetto - yelling and swearing all over the place and fights ready to break out all over the place.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

the fact that anyone got beat up has made it appear to be an uncomfortable, and unfun, environment. so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because less families go, same thing has happened to six flags here between milwaukee and chicago in gurnee illinois.
    six flags used to be pretty much all families, now at night it's like being in a ghetto - yelling and swearing all over the place and fights ready to break out all over the place.
    you magnify it because they are colored people... If they were white you would say "those fukkers are drunk" and move on and have a fun day...

But since they are minorities, you think you're better than them, and hold against them and want them out....

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    5th inning.
    Quiet down until your teams wins it's first title. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Big Brother aka.......Dodger Blue

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Quiet down until your teams wins it's first title. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Big Brother aka.......Dodger Blue

raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's definitely Don Mattingly's fault...I can't think of any other reason....

12 Last