ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

5dimes baseball prop bet 'player hit or no hit'

Hey guys can anyone fill me in on the rule for this? I know for player vs player matchups on total bases both guys have to start...however i took a few parlays today and in one ticket i used J. Herrera of the Rockies to get a hit in the game (vs "no hit") and also in another ticket i took "no hit" (vs "he will get a hit")

well the problem is he wasnt in the starting lineup. however i just checked the box score and he was used as a PH and it looks like in 2AB he has a hit.

so is one ticket a win and the other a loss, or are they both pushes?? I.E. did he have to be in the starting lineup for their to be action? if not, what if he had not played in the game at all? would their be a push or would it be considered "no hit"?

thanks

to double-clarify this is not a Herrera vs anyone total bases bet, this is a Herrera "will get a hit" vs "will not get a hit"

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

well, guess i got part of my answer, my tickets were graded as wins/losses so i guess his pinch hit count.

i wonder what woulda happened if he didnt have any AB's in the game??

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I believe the player has to start and receive an official AB for that prop type as well.

beagle25
    beagle25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

I've talked to them on live chat about this. According to them the player has to start. In your case the grader just saw his name in the box score and didn't check to see why he only had couple at bats. So if the player doesn't start, they're supposed to grade it as no action.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

ok thanks guys. yeah it kinda worked out better in my favor to have him graded as "action" since he did get a hit.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by beagle25 View Post
    I've talked to them on live chat about this. According to them the player has to start. In your case the grader just saw his name in the box score and didn't check to see why he only had couple at bats. So if the player doesn't start, they're supposed to grade it as no action.