tberg38
    tberg38's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tberg38's MLB picks(season long)

I have been following the boards here for a few years now but never posted. I have been trying to hone my skills at handicapping over this time and wanted to get a thread and keep track of how i am doing. I will post my picks, sometimes with write ups but as I now have a 1 week old daughter, I may be crunched for time(and sleep). I have learned and earned a lot from the people on these boards and hopefully i can do well on my own.

I certainly don't claim to be good but feel free to flame away if i don't do well. I have a very basic system, I usually bet 1 unit, sometimes 2 or 3 but only on really strong plays but a majority of my plays will be 1 unit. This maybe something i evolve with over time but it has worked out alright for me so far.

Well wish me good luck and thanks to the many people on these boards that have helped me a lot over the years.

tberg38

all 1 units

Cubs -1.5 for +115
    Giants +145
    Rangers -132
    twins/tigers over 8.5 for -115
    Bonus basketball
    Mavs +175

tberg38

all 1 units

Cubs -1.5 for +115 Dont have a lot to back this up, just have a good feeling about Zambrano shutting down the astros.

Giants +145 Think there is good value here is Vogelsong pitching, 0.34era over past 4 starts. He hasn't gotten much run support but I think with the way he is pitching +145 is a good value.

Rangers -132 They tee'd off on TB in first game and now are facing a pitcher being recalled from minors making his second career start and he got shelled in his first, should be easy win for rangers.

twins/tigers over 8.5 for -115 two struggling pitchers facing off, Scherzer has an almost 12 era and is 0-2 in last 2 starts, Duensing has lost 5 straight decisions. I see this one being a high scoring game

Bonus basketball
    Mavs +175 Heat haven't faced a team as dynamic as Dallas yet, I could see Dallas stealing the first one on the road and +175 is good value for it.

tberg38

well bad start 1-4 minus 332 overall, hopefully be a little better tomorrow

nickdotcom
    nickdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1025

keep it up man. first posts always seem to go south

tberg38

Early Games

Phillies -145 - Oswalt is 0-1 with a 1.50 ERA in three starts since returning from the
    disabled list.Lannan against the Phillies is 0-10 and 6.44 career ERA

Over 7.5 Rays/Rangers - Lewis gave up six runs in the first two
    innings against the Royals and has a a 7.71 ERA against rays lifetime and Price has 7.45 ERA in four starts against rangers

Under 9.5 Redsox/White sox- Floyd has 3.12 era on road, coming off solid start. Wakefield coming off
    solid outing giving up 2 runs in 7 innings.

Astros + 105- Davis was unable to go five innings for the second straight start in his last outing against the Pirates on Friday, walking six over 4 2/3 innings. All
    runs given up by myers in last start were homers to same player. In last
    outing vs cubs Myers allowed one run over seven innings in an 11-2 rout
    of Chicago.

Baltimore + 149- even going against Pineda if Matsuz can come out in in end of 2010 form, I see value at this number

Will post later games, hopefully a good day on tap today.

tberg38

Quote Originally Posted by nickdotcom View Post
    keep it up man. first posts always seem to go south
    Thank you.

tberg38

Added yanks/As over 7.5 for -110 and O's for +140. Also kc/laa over 9
    Last edited by tberg38; 06-01-11 at 03:00 PM.